losing the will to live...

have just finished my first playthrough on galaxy difficulty and have started on my universe difficulty and i am dreading it i have got to the citadel just after the first village on lemuris where you get lymle and all my characters are roughly about level 20 apart from lymle shes like 11 or something and i have noticed...im still getting my arse kicked!? any reason for this? i kinda need some encouragement to keep playing this game as im seriously losing the will to play it as im really really not looking forward to my chaos playthrough :/ any tips and encouragement would be appreciated

Are you using Ashlay Bernbeldt Jewels? Those hurt your INT but boost your ATK and DEF considerably, while adding an extra hit to your attacks.

Faize will give you a Monster Jewel as you land on Lemuris and you can get another from a treasure chest on the frozen lake outside the Citadel. Give them to Edge and Reimi, it'll make your life that much easier.

• 1 year later...
Are you using Ashlay Bernbeldt Jewels? Those hurt your INT but boost your ATK and DEF considerably, while adding an extra hit to your attacks.

Faize will give you a Monster Jewel as you land on Lemuris and you can get another from a treasure chest on the frozen lake outside the Citadel. Give them to Edge and Reimi, it'll make your life that much easier.

most people don't realise the importance of slaughtering him numerable times on their first play through, if your still having trouble though remember in Rpg's there is always a need for le grindy grind.