So, has anybody beaten a campaign on expert legitimately?

Viking Kong X

I did Death Toll and Blood Harvest legitimately, but it took months of learning the map and resisting the urge to use the jesus spots when things got tough or frustrating.

Death Toll got me Zombicidal Maniac. I did it with two friends. We camped at the docks, easiest campaign of the lot for me.

I could get through to No Mercy's finale on advanced no problem. It was easy with just one friend. No Mercy is my favourite map because I know a lot of shortcuts and know where to run and where bonus items usually spawn. So eventually we managed to get to the finale on expert - but surviving it never, ever worked. I mean, we tried every weekend for about two months and could never reach the 'copter even if we did survive, so eventually, in a moment of sheer frustration, I decided to use the jesus room.

Same with Dead Air, with only two of us and two AI bots, we could never survive 'til the end. I wanted to test the jesus plane because I haven't been able to get it to work. It did. We shamelessly exploited it.

Blood Harvest I completed last night, which is arguably the most difficult. Three of us, one bot. It took roughly about five hours, with the finale taking three on its own. No glitches, exploits, or anything used. The tank kept spawning in the corn field near the witch and he blends right in, so we couldn't see him at all. Died far too many times. But eventually, much to our relief, we got it done.

So what is everyone's opinion on using exploits, anyway? It doesn't neccesarily make one less of a gamer if they've completed the campaign up to the finale and tried dozens of times to survive the finale, does it? Not if they actually invest hours in doing so.

Edited by GENWAKU

As far as I'm concerned, if you've done Blood Harvest legitimately, you've earned the right to use a Jesus Spot or two. I guess I'm divided on using exploits. My main problem is all of the nooblets who make no attempt at actually achieving the achievement, opting instead to use the glitch right away. I don't know why it makes me mad, it just does. But then there's people like you who have spent months working towards this, at which point the question becomes whether or not exploits are okay for those who were truly dedicated but simply could not do it (and your case is even more complicated because you did half of them (including the hardest one) legitimately). On one hand, it is cheating, but on the other hand I would say that you deserve it. And then there's the argument that it's just an achievement on a video game, and if you've given it this much thought then you're a lunatic. Which is credible.

ZedChuva, I'm sure I will never know pain as you have.

And Jamoo, you're freaking crazy. XD

Yep, 3 friends of mine and I completed every campaign of L4D on expert legit (more than 2 years ago) :)

Hours and hours of playing to learn maps, it was awesome (sometimes it was a pain, and a lot of frustration though :D). I remember the Blood Harvest finale, epic :eek:

If you have a good team, it helps a lot :uzi:

Edited by amacteur

I wish I had a good team. :'(

As of writing this, I'm on Death Toll's Finale, having gotten there solo.

Well, it's nice to know that not everybody is a cheater. All of these Jesus Room threads had me believing I'd never get it done legitimately.

Jesus Rock isn't "cheating", at least not anymore. It's a legit place to hold up. While you can still get there, so can everything else. Infected, Tanks... fair game. I did it by staying in the water near the docks, and just running along the buoy line if need be.

Actually though tanks can hit you with a rock, once they get up close they cant get to you and become sitting ducks (ideal for the man vs tank achievement), but yes everything else can get to you and if you don't keep an eye out for the smoker things can turn bad very quickly.

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah did them all in one night with my friend. We were up all night & had college in the morning but I called in sick lol.

I remember my last campaign was Death Toll, got to the finale chapter with 1 hour left before I had to go to work (night shift), didn't manage do it in that time. Very nearly called in sick but I quit the game instead, I ended up being late and had to redo the campaign the following weekend.

The campaigns on expert aren't even that hard, I've done all of them 4 plus times legit. Actually, I enjoy playing expert campaigns when I don't have scrims or anything, (pub games get quite boring.) If anyone wants help, me and possibly my friend will help you get the expert achievements. My GT is fatpigH, send me a friend request if you need some help. I can knock out all the campaigns in under 5 hours, I promise.

Yeah did it legit with three of my friends. Went through and did 3 of them legit solo but I forgot which one I am missing :/// Its not as hard as people say..all you have to do is take it slow and dont rush. Put on subtitles to know when special infected spawn, and always keep a molotov for Tanks. Stick to walls and when a horde comes find a good corner and spam the block button.

Yeah did it legit with three of my friends. Went through and did 3 of them legit solo but I forgot which one I am missing :/// Its not as hard as people say..all you have to do is take it slow and dont rush. Put on subtitles to know when special infected spawn, and always keep a molotov for Tanks. Stick to walls and when a horde comes find a good corner and spam the block button.

Actually, rushing is better because the AI director spawns way less common/SI and when the tank comes depending on the situation run past it or run it back after it is on fire.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's not that bad, I did a branch off technique. 1. DONT bother witches. 2. Stay together no matter what. 3. Firing Line style: 2 crouching in front 2 standing in back for narrow halls. 4. Have one person stay behind to fight/distract the tank in any level besides the finale. Use the hideout location (unless they removed them J. Room, Rock, Plane, Tree.) If not then sit and get ready. Above all the most dangerous enemy is a boomer right before the finale tank shows up, take it out immediatly on sight. See easy xD

actually this game is much easier than the sequal. back when i got this game i didnt know about the jesus spots or anything, im not even sure if they existed. the hardest on expert was probably blood harvest, for a level i think "sewers" was beyond hard(the one before hospital, on NO MERCY). that level is the reason the sequal gave us all those super long missions, realizing that was one of the hardest missions on the tittle.

but in general its no too bad, if you listen for specials and speed run thru. sometimes i could manage 100 hp thru like the first 3 levels of a campaign, but i highly doubt that would happen now :p.

as far as left 4 dead 2 goes? hell no, that game kicks my ass. the A.I blows chunks, 200X more zombies, and 2x the specials. only thing i get is a couple more guns? ehh, ill pass