everything the same?

I know its supposed to be the same as dr2 execpt frank instead of chuck, but does that mean same survivors and storyline and such?
No its supposed to be what frank was doing during dead rising 2. Like chuck was doing his thing but where was frank in all this? This game should fill in that blank.

The game is a "what if", according to the developers, what if Frank was at Fortune City instead of Chuck (I believe Chuck is still there since he is the second player in co-op). The story will be somewhat different, new bosses, new weapons, new survivors, new vehicles, and supposedly even though this isn't canon, there is supposed to be some big reveal at the end that actually ties into DeadRising canon.

The game is a "what if", according to the developers, what if Frank was at Fortune City instead of Chuck (I believe Chuck is still there since he is the second player in co-op). The story will be somewhat different, new bosses, new weapons, new survivors, new vehicles, and supposedly even though this isn't canon, there is supposed to be some big reveal at the end that actually ties into DeadRising canon.

DeadRising canon?

Canon means the accepted, correct and genuine storyline. For example, Ending F is probably not canon, as it shows most characters dying and failing. There is some debate whether Ending A or S is the canon ending.

More on canon here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canon_%28fiction%29

I think that A is the real ending, as it follows into Case West and possibly Dead Rising 3. Ending S seems more like an ending to finish the story, and is probably in favour of the PS3 players since they didn't get Case West and therefore can't continue the storyline.

• 2 weeks later...
Canon means the accepted, correct and genuine storyline. For example, Ending F is probably not canon, as it shows most characters dying and failing. There is some debate whether Ending A or S is the canon ending.

I think that A is the real ending, as it follows into Case West and possibly Dead Rising 3. Ending S seems more like an ending to finish the story, and is probably in favour of the PS3 players since they didn't get Case West and therefore can't continue the storyline.

Yeah, ending A has to be the correct one, otherwise Case West, which is also canon, couldn't exist. Plus ending S sucked anyway. :p

Anyway, I thought Dead Rising 2: Off the Record was Frank running around in different areas of Fortune City doing different things and was going to just be what Frank was doing at the same time that Chuck was doing his thing.

I wish we could get more info on all this.

Thanks, this was really bugging me

No its supposed to be what frank was doing during dead rising 2. Like chuck was doing his thing but where was frank in all this? This game should fill in that blank.

Frank is in Fortune city at the Same time as Chuck because he saves him from TK at the end of DR2 doesnt he.

I always assumed Frank West had just arrived in Fortune City right at the end of the game to meet up with Rebecca Chang, as he was intending to go to the Phenotrans factory with her.

Edited by Ace of Alpha

• 2 weeks later...
Wait what. I played through DR2 again a few day ago and cant remember any referance/appearance to Frank, except the time where Chuck asks Chang if she has covered wars-

Case west starts right off of ending A where frank came to meet rebecca and go to phenotrans and ends up saving chuck

• 5 weeks later...

*SPOILER*

I always assumed Frank West had just arrived in Fortune City right at the end of the game to meet up with Rebecca Chang, as he was intending to go to the Phenotrans factory with her.

Chuck Greene's a psychopath in this one, just so you know.

I'm presuming it's something to do with no evidence to back up the framing of the outbreak, or he had trouble finding Zombrex for Katey in time, and thus went beserk.

Either way, this game is a "what if" scenario of DR2, but Chuck is still in there with the story a little twisted around this time.

As well as Rebecca being the one you save from TK in Overtime Mode this time, with her resuming her normal post of being the damsel in distress when fighting Amber and Crystal and Sgt. Boykin.

This is merely a vague attempt at who and what is happening this time around, but it's pretty obvious from the achievements this is how it's going down.

Edited by Enzo1103
Adding a disclaimer for gr3@t justis.