Strategy Guide Not so Great

chriscutis

So I shelled out for the guide and its great for the silver keys demon doors and such, not so much for other items. Specifically last night I was flipping through and saw that there were two tattoos I was missing. It said in the tat section that the one was from the middle barn in Oakvale and the other in the Bordello near the fountain, but didnt mention them in the respective areas of the walkthrough. Not sure if this issue pops up anywhere else yet. Just wanted to give a heads up to any other completionists like myself.

Is there any other issues with the guide from what you've noticed? I'm supposed to be getting my copy in a day or so from amazon.

Not really. Only other thing I noticed so far is that it doesnt mention starting Beardy Baldy with the Pudding Basin is the only waay to get the Warrior Stripe card. Not a big deal to me since my char is a goody two shoes.

Since guides have become endorsed by the game publishers, this has been happening more and more.

From incomplete crap to games that are absolutely impossible to complete without a guide.

I haven't gotten a game guide since the Invention of the internet, more specific, youtube. If there are games I am having trouble with, that and Google are the first things I look to. i always felt like game guides were complete crap. They constantly leave things out.

I haven't gotten a game guide since the Invention of the internet, more specific, youtube. If there are games I am having trouble with, that and Google are the first things I look to. i always felt like game guides were complete crap. They constantly leave things out.

Physical guides for RPGs are more convenient than the internet: there's just way to much info to flip through on a computer screen. I always buy physical guides for the WRPGs and JRPGs.

The only guides I buy are the Final Fantasy one's because they're awesome guides, kudos to Piggyback. But I stay well away from Prima ones, they tend to miss a lot of stuff out of their guides, at least from games that I've played previously anyways.

Then you didn't bought a lot of guides. Piggyback are the best and Prima are very good but they've been slightly going downhill. The worst is Bradygames and by far.

The last guide I bought was for Halo: ODST. After beating the game and realizing the strategy guide didn't even show or acknowledge the hidden terminals, I was like, "Really? I'm done with buying guides... hello internet."

Why did you bought a guide for an FPS game? There's no point to buy a physical guide for an FPS as the collectibles are real easy to find using Youtube videos or simple written guides.

Then you didn't bought a lot of guides. Piggyback are the best and Prima are very good but they've been slightly going downhill. The worst is Bradygames and by far.

What makes you say that I haven't bought a lot of guides? I've bought plenty of guides over the years, have over thirty in total, however with such great guides on the internet these days there's really no need to buy them anymore. The only guides I buy nowadays are the Final Fantasy ones (which is probably what I should have initially said), not only because they're so comprehensive, they're also better to use than online guides (same goes for any JRPG game really) and they're also so rich in detail and well made they're simply must owns for any Final Fantasy fan.

And yes, Bradygames are definitely the worst now that you mention it.

Edited by The Big LT