Chapter 31 Downtown Emporia

Helljack

Any suggestions on how to beat this level on 1999? I have no money left and it's just a frenzied shit storm. I absolutely hate Handymen. I'm sure everyone is going to tell me it's easy, but it's sucking my will to finish this game I'm enjoying so much.

Make sure that you have Winter Shield equipped (if you have it, It'll give you brief invincibility to take out a few enemies.

Stay on the rails as much as possible and use sky-line strike for take downs.

Use possession to make enemies fight for you, they'll also stop shooting at you so you can get your shield back up.

Crows and Shock Jockey enemies, the don't like it. Remember to loot enemies for health and salt.

For the handyman. Use Crows against him so he'll be distracted to fight you. Ride the skyline and wait for him to shout "GET DOWN!" and jump off the rails. He will be attached to it and you could try taking a few well placed shots against him.

Use the salt Tear and stand next to it and remember that Undertow is your friend. Undertow him towards you, he won't be able to move and aim for his heart.

There is a heath pack Tear in the area and a decoy, sometimes Handymen will attack those.

Also, just look through your gears and see which ones can best help you in the fight. Don't be afraid to reswitching them during the fight.

Hope you find some of the tips useful.

For the big battles, I used the following for gear:

Storm

Firebird

Winter Sheild

Handyman Nemesis

Just use the skylines as much as possible. Jump on/off to get the shield, and if close the fire damage will hit. With Storm hat on you will make this damage go to anyone close. If possible to a skyline strike. Take 4-5 shots with any weapon to the handyman, then rinse and repeat. With Handyman nemesis, you get an extra 50% on all attacks to the Handyman. Just MAKE SURE to jump on/off as much as possible.

This technique made the handyman fights ridiculously easy the whole game.

• 1 month later...