Second play through or DLC first

j9292

I suggest doing the DLC first, then going for a second playthrough. By completing the DLC you can get one or two extra skill points and backpack upgrades (depends on DLC).

Then you can do all DLC again during PT2 and get those DLC rewards again.

The only thing I'm sure you won't be able to do, is killing Crawmerax on PT1.;)

Thanks for the replies but I went ahead and started a2nd play through before reading these about halfway through it. Is there any order I should dlcs in from. Because I'm sure some have weapons and goodies that will help with other dlcs.

IIRC enemies in "Secret Armory of General Knoxx" start at level 51 in PT2, so do the quests. The enemies in Moxxi's Underdome scale to your level, but you can do it together with a low level character on a second profile. Then it's not hard, just boring. You just have to do the first quest (5 rounds per Arena) to get the skill point.

I don't remember any particular good weapon drops from Zombie Island, though I did get a few good weapons in the Claptrap DLC.

Best weapon drops come from Crawmerax, but you need to be level 50 or 51 to stand a chance against him. Then again, you can always exploit the glitch or have another player kill him for you. He drops legendaries on a regular basis.

• 2 months later...

I did the 2nd playthrough first as I found it easier to fly through the quests and get it out of the way first, as I already knew what was going to happen. I hit all level cheevos including Ding overlevelled by 11 during my 2nd playthrough.

then I started the dlc which is recommended you start around 50ish anyway

• 2 weeks later...