FIFA 13 – Career Mode Discussion Thread – Post Your Best Players, Bargains & Stories:

Boomerang Cat

Hey guys. I realize I'm a bit late consdiering FIFA 14 is coming in less tha two months, but what the heck :)

I'm with Hull City, just gained promotion to the BPL.

I had a hard time finding a suitable formation that suits both mine and Hulls style. I'm relying heavily on counterattacks and fast players so in my first season I struggled with the players I had.

I've given a budget of £4M and I bought Fischer, Boniperti (one of my favs, sadly his growth is altered in the winter update, he's neutered) and Shaw. I spent the rest on a Scout who already found me a decent youngster ( 17yo and 69 ST). I also signed Piazon on loan with an option to buy him. After his loan spell I got him for £625k (valued at £1,4M)

The summer transfer window just closed and after heavy bargaining this is my starting XI:

Formation: 3-2-3-2

GK: Leali 72

RB: Benito 73 (he was 57 in last seasons winter transfer window, so I didn't buy him. Then BAM, he's 73 and valued around £2M instead of £300k)

CB: Hewitt 67

LB: Biraghi 69 (all three of them both ridiculously fast and have insane stamina)

RDM: Redmond 73

LDM: Aluko 78 (he's the only original player left in the starting XI)

RM: Fischer 74

LM: Piazon 71

CAM: Gardner 74 (another bargain, valued at £4,3M got him for £2,3M. Good stats, mostly everything important is above 70 with a Long Shot skill at 86)

RS: Melgarejo 77 (I know he's a left back, but he's a beast forward. I got him for a bargain, paid around £1,5M)

LS: Comi 75 (generated free player, 17yo)

Notable subs:

DEF:

Shaw 66

Digne 68

Rosenior 71 (original Hull City player)

MID:

El Mohamady 75 (on loan from the starting)

Quinn 70

Vilhena 70 (transfer listed)

ATT:

Hanson 69 (scouted youngster mentioned above)

Boniperti 71

And a few free transfer players.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys. I realize I'm a bit late consdiering FIFA 14 is coming in less tha two months, but what the heck :)

I'm with Hull City, just gained promotion to the BPL.

I had a hard time finding a suitable formation that suits both mine and Hulls style. I'm relying heavily on counterattacks and fast players so in my first season I struggled with the players I had.

I've given a budget of £4M and I bought Fischer, Boniperti (one of my favs, sadly his growth is altered in the winter update, he's neutered) and Shaw. I spent the rest on a Scout who already found me a decent youngster ( 17yo and 69 ST). I also signed Piazon on loan with an option to buy him. After his loan spell I got him for £625k (valued at £1,4M)

The summer transfer window just closed and after heavy bargaining this is my starting XI:

Formation: 3-2-3-2

GK: Leali 72

RB: Benito 73 (he was 57 in last seasons winter transfer window, so I didn't buy him. Then BAM, he's 73 and valued around £2M instead of £300k)

CB: Hewitt 67

LB: Biraghi 69 (all three of them both ridiculously fast and have insane stamina)

RDM: Redmond 73

LDM: Aluko 78 (he's the only original player left in the starting XI)

RM: Fischer 74

LM: Piazon 71

CAM: Gardner 74 (another bargain, valued at £4,3M got him for £2,3M. Good stats, mostly everything important is above 70 with a Long Shot skill at 86)

RS: Melgarejo 77 (I know he's a left back, but he's a beast forward. I got him for a bargain, paid around £1,5M)

LS: Comi 75 (generated free player, 17yo)

Notable subs:

DEF:

Shaw 66

Digne 68

Rosenior 71 (original Hull City player)

MID:

El Mohamady 75 (on loan from the starting)

Quinn 70

Vilhena 70 (transfer listed)

ATT:

Hanson 69 (scouted youngster mentioned above)

Boniperti 71

And a few free transfer players.

Welcome to x360a FunnyHeady91.

It's nice to see a few familiar names mentioned in your side. Filippo Boniperti is a player I've always wanted to sign but never managed to do it.

As for playing a Left Back as a Striker, I'm almost ashamed to admit that I've done that before too. Many years ago when PES was widely regarded to be better than FIFA, I used legendary Brazilian Left Back Roberto Carlos as a Left Footed partner for Andriy Shevchenko in an Ajax Career Mode.

When a Left Back can strike a ball like this it's a waste to play him in Defence. :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnB_4Jtfy6A]Roberto Carlos - Impossible Goals - YouTube[/ame]

Ok update from my southend career mode - Got from league 2 to the premiership finally and it is now September 2015. Some of the young free agents I found this season are worth 1m+ and for some reason most of them have 5* skills, anyone else notice this?

Currently my best players are:

J.Willems - LB - 75 - One of the best future LB's in the game I think. Got him for 4m.

Maikon Leite - RW - 75 - Got him for 1m, not much growth left in him but is a pace machine.

Z.Bakkali - LW - 75 - Gets to an 85 - signed for 600k in the second season.

Wellington Silva - LM - 75 - Great pace and dribbling - signed for 2.5m this season, has some growth left in him.

Marcos Lopes - 76 - CAM - High potential, terrible stamina but he keeps growing so I kept him.

Now I have all these regen free agents on my team and I can't seem to sell them. I have transfer listed them but nobody seems to want them. Because I'm in season 5 a lot of the high potential players are expensive so I need some money.

Edited by SR x FUZiON

Ok update from my southend career mode - Got from league 2 to the premiership finally and it is now September 2015. Some of the young free agents I found this season are worth 1m+ and for some reason most of them have 5* skills, anyone else notice this?

Currently my best players are:

J.Willems - LB - 75 - One of the best future LB's in the game I think. Got him for 4m.

Maikon Leite - RW - 75 - Got him for 1m, not much growth left in him but is a pace machine.

Z.Bakkali - LW - 75 - Gets to an 85 - signed for 600k in the second season.

Wellington Silva - LM - 75 - Great pace and dribbling - signed for 2.5m this season, has some growth left in him.

Marcos Lopes - 76 - CAM - High potential, terrible stamina but he keeps growing so I kept him.

Now I have all these regen free agents on my team and I can't seem to sell them. I have transfer listed them but nobody seems to want them. Because I'm in season 5 a lot of the high potential players are expensive so I need some money.

I've also noticed that a fair proportion of the randomly generated Free Transfer players have 5 star skill moves. It almost seems like the higher the star rating for a Players skill moves, the higher his hidden potential is likely to be.

Zakaria Bakkali is one of the best Players to sign since FIFA 13's Career Mode was updated in February taking into account the winter Update. His pace is ridiculously good for a 16/17 year old and he's been a permanent fixture in my Blackburn Career Mode.

As for not being able to sell some of your Transfer Listed players, I've personally only found problems in selling players when I have too many Transfer Listed at the same time. I find the maximum number you can list to encourage offers is 4, any more than that and the offers come in much slower or even not at all.

I've also noticed that a fair proportion of the randomly generated Free Transfer players have 5 star skill moves. It almost seems like the higher the star rating for a Players skill moves, the higher his hidden potential is likely to be.

Zakaria Bakkali is one of the best Players to sign since FIFA 13's Career Mode was updated in February taking into account the winter Update. His pace is ridiculously good for a 16/17 year old and he's been a permanent fixture in my Blackburn Career Mode.

As for not being able to sell some of your Transfer Listed players, I've personally only found problems in selling players when I have too many Transfer Listed at the same time. I find the maximum number you can list to encourage offers is 4, any more than that and the offers come in much slower or even not at all.

Ok thanks, I will try listing only 4.

I now have another problem, its the start of the winter transfer season and Bakkali is set on leaving, he apparently can't settle even though he has been here for 3 seasons. Will the game make me sell him or can I keep hold of him?

EDIT: And now Marcos Lopes has handed in a transfer request, thats two of my best players gone in one transfer window.

EDIT: Ok final edit - The board sold Bakkali for me for 6m to Aston villa, a terrible deal. I had the choice to sell Marcos Lopes but I kept him because nobody would accept my 10m counter offers. I managed to sell a lot of my free transfers, the listing four at a time really helped so thanks for that.

This ended up being a really good transfer window with me offloading loads of players and brining in Kurt Zouma for 5m, Joao Cancelo for 3m and Sergio Oliveira for 5m. Oliveira is now my best player rated at 78 and I now finally have a great free kick taker. I will post a picture of my team later.

Edited by SR x FUZiON

Ok thanks, I will try listing only 4.

I now have another problem, its the start of the winter transfer season and Bakkali is set on leaving, he apparently can't settle even though he has been here for 3 seasons. Will the game make me sell him or can I keep hold of him?

EDIT: And now Marcos Lopes has handed in a transfer request, thats two of my best players gone in one transfer window.

EDIT: Ok final edit - The board sold Bakkali for me for 6m to Aston villa, a terrible deal. I had the choice to sell Marcos Lopes but I kept him because nobody would accept my 10m counter offers. I managed to sell a lot of my free transfers, the listing four at a time really helped so thanks for that.

This ended up being a really good transfer window with me offloading loads of players and brining in Kurt Zouma for 5m, Joao Cancelo for 3m and Sergio Oliveira for 5m. Oliveira is now my best player rated at 78 and I now finally have a great free kick taker. I will post a picture of my team later.

No problems, happy to help with the Transfer Listing four players at a time technique.

As for players requesting to leave, I also have a method for this as I find it to be extremely annoying. First of all use multiple Save Slots and rotate saving on each if them, if a player is definitely looking to leave you can usually load up your last Save to get the Board to react differently.

Sometimes they will say "Sell the Player during this Transfer Window" but if you Load the last Save and click on Advance it sometimes says "The board will allow you to make the decision on the Players future", meaning you can keep them and not sell them for a poor fee to a rival.

I hope this helps. :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I still haven't managed to post anything regarding my Blackburn Rovers Career Mode on x360a but I'll try to get it done in the next few Days.

I'm currently in Season 6 and I started this new experimental Career Mode with the intention of developing a Squad consisting of mainly Scouted Youth Players and seeing what was possible.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No problems, happy to help with the Transfer Listing four players at a time technique.

As for players requesting to leave, I also have a method for this as I find it to be extremely annoying. First of all use multiple Save Slots and rotate saving on each if them, if a player is definitely looking to leave you can usually load up your last Save to get the Board to react differently.

Sometimes they will say "Sell the Player during this Transfer Window" but if you Load the last Save and click on Advance it sometimes says "The board will allow you to make the decision on the Players future", meaning you can keep them and not sell them for a poor fee to a rival.

I hope this helps. :)

I still haven't managed to post anything regarding my Blackburn Rovers Career Mode on x360a but I'll try to get it done in the next few Days.

I'm currently in Season 6 and I started this new experimental Career Mode with the intention of developing a Squad consisting of mainly Scouted Youth Players and seeing what was possible.

I guess I will start using multiple saves.

It's not that bad that I lost Bakkali, I just cant wait for this season to be finish and I get some funds, Im gonna replace him with Fischer.

Also the scouted career mode will be interesting, I don't bother with the scouting system but heard it is a lot better this time.

Boomerang Cat's FIFA 13 Career Mode Youth Team & Scouting Experiment:

After having previously played FIFA 13 Career Mode Games where I experimented with taking Teams from the lower Leagues of English football to become the most successful club in World football (Link), I wanted to experience something different from FIFA 13's Career Mode which could help me and others in the future with FIFA 14 in mind.

After taking some time I decided to look deeper into Scouting players and creating a Youth Team at the earliest possible opportunity and look into the possibility of making a Squad consisting mainly of Players that I've scouted and attempting to develop them into world beaters.

Is Youth Scouting worth doing with any Club or Transfer Budget?

The simple answer is Yes.

Whether you have a very small Budget or you are managing the richest Club in the World you can always make a profit from regular scouting of Youth players, whether you choose to develop them or not.

With a very small Transfer Budget you can hire a Youth Scout for as little as £39,000. I have done this in my two previous Career Modes and regularly made a profit from the Players that my fairly average Scouts have found.

The evidence of this you will see in some of the images below as Wade Malone is a Youth Player that was found very early on in my Blackburn Rovers Career Mode where I had a small Budget to spend on Scouting. In Season One he started off with an overall rating of 66, now in Season Six he is worth over £50,000,000 with an attribute rating of 90 at the age of just 21.

Blackburn Rovers Career Mode Timeline:

Building during Season One:

With my new experimental Career Mode I started out as Blackburn Rovers manager in the Championship, one tier below the Premier League. In my first season there were a number of changes that needed to be made in order to be able to start the Youth Scouting experiment.

Firstly, I had to sell players and raise funds while building a Team capable of competing in the Championship, while holding back enough resources to be able to invest in a decent Scouting network to give me a better chance of finding quality Youth players as quickly as possible.

After making a number of changes to the original Blackburn Rovers Squad, I managed to sign the following high potential young Players as seen on the FIFA 13 Career Mode Database:

http://i41.tinypic.com/1555p4w.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/2vtdwsl.jpg

As you can see from the picture of my Season One Blackburn Rovers squad above, I managed to assemble a strong and promising young Team at Championship level. However after spending a considerable amount of money on my scouting network I was left with a budget which would only allow me to sign players for small fees (Martial) or on Free Transfers (Koltai) to give me enough players to be able to compete in all the Games of a domestic Season in the Championship and Cup competitions.

Progression through the Seasons:

After winning Promotion to the Premier League I started to gradually sell off the Senior Players that I had purchased in the first Season one by one. This enabled me to invest more of my Transfer funds in better Scouts in order to improve the frequency of finding the very best Youth Players where my target was to promote and develop the very best of them who had estimated Potential of around 90.

Towards the end of Season Three my scouting objective was more or less complete and I had put together a full Squad of scouted Youth Players who were all at different stages of their respective development.

As the Seasons have passed by the Players attribute levels have continued to grow impressively and here is an image of how my experimental scouted Youth Squad looks during Season Six:

http://i44.tinypic.com/2ih1mch.jpg

The Picture below shows the Age, Overall Rating and Price of all of the major Players that I have in my Blackburn Rovers Squad.

I have also edited the Image to show the Origin of where the Player came from, as well as their Nationality and most importantly their Potential as found on the Database for Players like Shaw & Ake, or as estimated in the initial Scout Report when each Player was Promoted from my Youth Squad to my Senior Squad several Seasons ago:

http://i42.tinypic.com/1424e43.jpg

A large number of these Players are English and I have also been able to develop the Players during my time as the England Manager. I have been the England Manager for a number of Seasons and I've even abused my position to make the likes of backup Goalkeeper Boagey a regular first choice England International at the Age of just 16! Joe Hart won't have been too happy.

Negatives for Scouting on this scale?

This kind of Career Mode won't be to everyone's taste for a number of reasons. Some players would prefer to sign the biggest names in World football as soon as possible. Also, depending on your own skill level when playing FIFA, it may be difficult for some Players to win against the best Teams when you only have undeveloped Youth Players at your disposal so this could cause frustration.

Tip: Making the Game more enjoyable while playing Scouted Youth Players:

When you have a large number of Youth Players they will have random features and because of this similar faces. However, it is possible to give them your own unique character by customising each Players look, whether it's giving them all different coloured Boots, Gloves, Sock heights, even wrist bands. The customisation Option can be purchased using EASFC Credits in the EASFC Catalogue.

Conclusion:

Overall it has been a memorable Career Mode and definitely something I would do again. Each player has developed their own character over the Seasons which has made them fun to play with and means that I wouldn't be prepared to sell any of them.

Scouting Youth Players in FIFA's Career Modes is something which is often overlooked and even if you aren't keen on taking it to extremes like I have during this experiment, you can still make very considerable profits on your Youth Players, whether you choose to develop them or not.

:)

Edited by Boomerang Cat

Has anyone had experience with regens on this game and what is the best way to find best ones?

I'm not sure if I ever had them myself, but I found this video quite useful about regens:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfZw4gv87-0]FIFA 13 Career Mode: IBRAHIMOVIC REGEN with Stats & Gameplay! (How to find re-generated players) - YouTube[/ame]

Gives some tips on how to find regens.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all, I have just found some new FIFA 14 Career Mode Information, here it is below:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FIFA 14 Career Mode Fundamentals

• A new “Disable first summer transfer window” option has been added to Career Modes setup. This will allow you to maintain real world squads up until January.

• The OVR player value has now been masked in Career Mode. You can only see the OVR value of players in your own squad meaning you'll have to scout players to find out how good they are.

• Player growth now appears to be more subtle, with only minor gains and decreases seen after half a seasons play.

• Player fatigue has maintained the match by match recovery changes from FIFA 13 but appears to be more harsh on in-game fatigue, with more players in to the orange/red values

Career Mode User Interface

• A new user interface has revolutionised the way you navigate Career Mode's menus.

• Five main navigation options now hold all game information – Central, Squad, Transfers, Office and Season.

• Most tiles in the Career Mode interface have sub-options which you access by flicking the right analogue stick.

• Team formations can now be changed on the fly without going in to Team Management. A tile on the Squad screen is dedicated to this task.

• The email screen now has a reading pane and the game no longer stops advancement for trivial information.

• Player Conversations now appear in the their own tab within the email notification screen.

Global Scout Network

• When you start Career Mode you will now have 3 GSN scouts already hired.

• You can have a maximum of 6 GSN scouts.

• 6 Scout Instruction slots allow you to configure the types of players you want to search for.

• You first choose the position, age group and contract length. Then up to six traits to find the type of player you want to find.

• You can relocate your scouts to new countries, or recall them at any time.

• A tile on the Central Career Mode homepage, updates in real time as new players are scouted.

• Once targets are identified you can choose to remove them, keep them, or compile a more detailed scouting report.

• The detailed scouting reports will show you a selection of player stats and their potential transfer value. The more times you scout a player the more accurate the data becomes.

• The player OVR value is hidden, as are the “showing great potential” and “has that something special” traits, until scouting has been completed.

• Youth scouting is still in Career Mode and is completely separate to the Global Scout Network.

• Youth scouting now costs money too (192k for 3 months).

Transfers

• A new “Reject all/Disallow future offers” option has been added to the transfer offer screen. This will prevent clubs from persistently offering for players you do not want to sell at any price.

• The new Transfers Hub shows all the latest rumours, news and the biggest deals all on one screen.

• Transfer Deadline Day now has a club by club breakdown for the league you're in. This allows you to see all the Ins and Outs at the clubs in your league.

Career Mode Audio

• Jeff Stelling is now the stadium and pre-match announcer for FIFA 14.

• The commentary team now directly reference previous match results, eg “a great 3-1 win against Swansea last week”.

• The commentary team will also discuss current transfer rumours in more detail.

Edited by Boomerang Cat

Final update from my Ajax Career Mode; decided to pile up everything I've discovered about certain players here;

GK - Nicola Leali

Starting overall: 71

Database potential (players potential according to FIFA 13 Career Mode databases): 88 (+17)

My Career overall: 92 (+21)

Extra info: all stats 90+, exhept Kicking (79)

CB - Tomas Kalas

Starting overall: 72

Database potential: 85 (+13)

My Career overall: 94 (+22)

Extra info: ridiculous physical stats, with 86 Pace and 98 Strength

CB - Karim Rekik

Starting overall: 64

Database potential: 81 (+17)

My Career overall: 87 (+23)

Extra info: also ridiculous physical stats, with 85 Pace and 98 Strength

CAM - Adryan

Starting overall: 73

Database potential: 87 (+14)

My Career overall: 90 (+17)

Extra info: very good dribbler, 96 Ball Control and 98 Dribbling

LW - Lucas Piazon

Starting overall: 61

Database potential: 85 (+24)

My Career overall: 96 (+35!!!!!)

Extra info: great pace (97), great dribbling (97), great passing. ''only'' 74 Finishing though

ST: Niklas Barkroth

Starting overall: 58

Database potential: 80 (+22)

My Career overall: 83 (+25)

Extra info: ridiculous pace (97), ridiculous dribbling (97). There's no excuse not to buy him. Get him.

Thank you Steelstick for once again taking the time to help others with details of your Career Mode experiences. You have been an excellent resource of FIFA Career Mode information over the past couple of years on x360a, and on behalf of all of those forum members and non-members who have been able to enhance their own FIFA Career Mode because of the info and recommendations that you have given, I would like to say a big thank you.

I would also like to say a big thank you to every person who has contributed to this Thread over the last year. There are far too many individual names to mention but I’m sure you all know who you are and we’ll hopefully hear from you all once again in the soon to be created FIFA 14 Career Mode Discussion Thread.

:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

http://i43.tinypic.com/mkas7r.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Speaking of FIFA 14, in the last few days EA have released more details regarding FIFA 14’s Career Mode. For the full list click Here, for Post #262.

For me, the most interesting of these recently announced features is that "The OVR player value has now been masked in Career Mode. You can only see the OVR value of players in your own squad meaning you'll have to scout players to find out how good they are".

I had a feeling this may happen after seeing the first FIFA 14 screenshots a couple of Months ago. This will make the FIFA 14 Career Mode Discussion Thread even more valuable, especially if EA make each individual Players Overall Stats different to those that can be found in the normal Match Modes and Player edit option, we'll wait and see what they do.

What does everyone else think about the FIFA 14 Career Mode changes?

Edited by Boomerang Cat

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys!

I received an invitation to the Closed Beta of the FIFA 14 Career mode. I've been playing for 5 days now, tried to get the feel of it and now I'm here to share my experiences. Oh, and videos :)

First of all, I don't have any relatives at MS, so these are from the good old Xbox 360 version, just to clarify :)

Start with the redesigned menu. In one word: Awesome!

GSN works fine, you can spend ages with that. The only thing is IMHO the attributes you can select in the instructions could be detailed.

The old transfer market part is more or less useless now, I only used it when I searched for a specific player.

Scouting

Well, I have the best scouts available, but so far they have found nothing. Loads of under 40s and even 30s.

I still miss the option to have an alternate starting XI, so you don't have to change the whole eam one-by-one before a cup match.

Gameplay

The movement of the players got a lot more realistic, especially highspeed direction changes. Pure shot and the new ball physics works together like a charm (most of the time, the players sometimes still just throwing their legs around but happens rarely), you could score fantastic, real-life goals.

If you have any questions, I'll try and answer them ASAP :)

I'm currently on my 4th season, I started as Manchester City as I wanted the big names at first, but I started my youth system in the first season, I can now see the benefits of this.

Below is some of the original players I have signed over the four seasons, and some youth players.

Lloris - 95 +9

Bale - 96 +8

Neymar - 93 +5 (scored 49 Goals in 51 Games in first season I bought him, best player I've ever played with in career mode, pace and shot selection is unbeatable; I play on world class as well)

Nastasic - 94 +16

Vidal - 94 +8

Gotze - 95 +9

Ginzeck - 91 +13 (young RB, tall, strong, quick full of potential)

Youth players

Babiloni - LM, 17, overall 75, french

Cardenas - CB, 18, overall 81, brazilian

Maderia - GK, 18, overall 79, brazilian

Gobbi - CAM, 18, overall 78, Italian (Good creative midfielder)

Bailey - RM, 16, overall 74, English

Miereles - CDM, 17, overall 76, brazilian

Nardini - ST, 18, overall 76, Italian (not the best overall, potential is only 84-90, but scores for fun. Tall slow striker but after 3 seasons has played roughly 70 Games, scored 40 Goals, not bad for an 18year old.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi does anyone still play on Fifa 13? I have reverted back to 13 as not liking 14.

Good potential players and some personal favourites I have found on Fifa 13 career mode are:

Gatt - RW

Benedetti - CB

Ward-Prowse - CM

Willems - LB

Butland - GK

If anyone has anymore players who are good to sign, let me know! :beer: