Game Info

L3giOn

"Mass Effect" is a science fiction action-RPG created by BioWare Corp., the commercially and critically acclaimed RPG developer of "Jade Empire," and "Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic." "Mass Effect" will deliver an immersive, story-driven game-play experience with stunning visual fidelity. Published by Microsoft Game Studios, "Mass Effect" is an exclusive for the Xbox 360 video game system.

As the first human on the galactic stage, you must uncover the greatest threat to civilization. Your job is complicated by the very fact of your humanity, as no one trusts you and you need to find a way to convince everyone of the grave threat.

You will travel across an expansive universe to piece the mystery together. As you discover and explore the uncharted edges of the galaxy, you come closer to an overwhelming truth - learning that the placid and serene universe you know is about to come to a violent end and that you may be the only person who can stop it!

Key Features:

• Incredible Sci-Fi RPG with a Rich, Engaging Storyline. You are the tip of the spear of humanity on the galactic stage. On a distant planet an amazing discovery is made...determine the fate of humanity as you lead an elite tactical strike force in an effort to stop an entity so malevolent that it threatens to tear apart the very fiber of galactic civilization! Mass Effect will take you into new depths for an action-role playing game, where, unlike any RPG before; you will be faced with morally challenging decisions that affect the future of an entire universe.
  • Every step of your journey will advance morally complex decisions which have significant impact on the fate of all life in the galaxy. The player must succeed in their quest – no matter what the cost...
  • Explore uncharted worlds and uncover a mystery that defies imagination. In addition to the main story arc of the game, players will be able to visit a large number of uncharted, unexplored planets which are side quests independent from the main story. At any time during the campaign, a player can choose to explore one of these planets and have an opportunity to discover new alien life, resources, ruined civilizations and powerful technologies.
  • Real-time squad-based combat. "Mass Effect" employs a real-time, squad based, tactical combat system. Players will enjoy blisteringly intense, challenging and exciting third-person action squad-based combat. The player and their squad-mates will be able to engage the enemy with ranged weapons and covering fire, biotic powers/science-based magic, and tech powers – all of which will be accompanied by amazing visual and physics effects that will add tremendous excitement and drama to the battlefield. Whether you utilize powerful biotic powers or the latest in military hardware you will be well equipped to take on whatever comes your way
  • Credible digital actors. "Mass Effect" will feature a huge cast of incredibly realistic NPCs, enemies, and party members. Each of the characters encountered will have real-to-life facial and body movements. A revolutionary advanced dialogue and AI system gives them engaging personalities, creating individuals so realistic they will seem like the first true "digital actors" ever seen in a video game. The resulting experience is one where you feel like you are part of a rich, living world.
  • Character customization and deep role-playing systems. Players will be able to choose from and customize a variety of stunning, photo-realistic character appearances at the start of the game, and can increase various statistics which will have an impact on their performance during game-play. The reward system in Mass Effect is deep, well-integrated and extremely engaging. New equipment, weapons and armor that are acquired during the course of the story will change the appearance of the characters.
  • Mass Effect" will give players a huge breadth of additional customization options for their characters, weapons and vehicles. Talents and abilities will be upgradeable and advanced talent options will become available at higher levels. Weapons and vehicles will be customizable to include various effects, abilities and upgrades using the "X-Mod" system. Each character class will have unique talents and abilities which will increase in power as the player progresses through the game.
  • Next-generation gaming defined. "Mass Effect" takes full advantage of the Xbox 360's hardware, providing players with exciting new experiences, including photo-realistic, high definition graphics on an epic scale, and amazingly realistic characters who bring the world alive. For the first time you will be immersed in a massive universe of unbelievable scale, meet characters who feel real and most importantly interact with them in ways that have never been possible before. As the future of gaming goes online, premium downloadable content and recognition of achievements will be available via Xbox Live

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Random question: Does anyone know if the save counter gets all wacky after you hit 999 saves for the Xbox version of the game? I know people have had problems with the PC version going loopy. If I take my current character to a 3rd playthrough, I might hit that point, but I'll probably delete chunks of saves before then. Just curious.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Most interesting is the fact that I sold this game to a friend, whom really needed/wanted it more than I, before I found out what a great game it was.

I bought it, and never got around to playing it. What a shame..

Question: What are some of the flaws to said game?

Most interesting is the fact that I sold this game to a friend, whom really needed/wanted it more than I, before I found out what a great game it was.

I bought it, and never got around to playing it. What a shame..

Question: What are some of the flaws to said game?

Addicting?

Bought Mass Effect 2 but haven't even touched that one yet. Going through 3rd playthrough and still planning more. Could conclude it's pretty fun :)

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
Awesome game!!!!

Has to be one of the biggest enviroments ever built for a game... and it does not get old..

I´m at my 4th playthrough and still loving it...

Mass Effect is one of my favorite series (along with Assassin´s Creed and Bioshock)

It gets very old after you've played it as many times as I have.