What do yall think of this game?

x ChRiiS

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im a fan on survival horror and I wanted to know what yall thought of Silent Hill Homecoming. I can't find it anywhere to rent so I would have to buy it. Is it worth it?

I loved this game and especially if your a survival horror fan, you will too. Worth the buy, play it just for fun sometimes. Story is great, graphics good. Only bad thing is freezing at some cut scenes if you try to skip.

9/10 in my opinion.

i just got the opportunity to rent this game this evening, and started playing it. within the first 20-30 minutes of playing, i admit i had to shut it off else i was going to be spending my night playing it instead of sleeping. working early in the morning is LAME. but, suffice to say, i love it. very twisted and morbid to start, and in all honesty, the first location reminded me of an abandoned hospital that some friends and i explored one evening. i look forward to playing it more.

thanks for all the replies everybody im gonna buy this game wenesday when i get paid!!!!!

Use a guide wherever you can. Trust me, it will help A LOT.

I have 1000/1000 for this game, took me 5 days where I played a little each day.

Use a guide wherever you can. Trust me, it will help A LOT.

I have 1000/1000 for this game, took me 5 days where I played a little each day.

yah I usually dont care for achievments but ima try 2 get a 1000 on this game. I usually go through the game once and then on the 2nd playthrough I use a walkthrough to find everything.

hell yeh , i think i shall follow your lead , ive been thinking about getting this for a while , and just reading through this i s was feeling like "fuck it, its happening" :p

hell yah I just hope the silent hill series doesnt become like the resident evill series. :(

I'm split when it comes to this game. Some times I think it's great and really fun to play, and sometimes I just want to throw it out the window. Sadly the throwing part is taking over right now. I mean, I'm playing it through on medium to get all the endings and the laser gun to make hard a piece of cake, but WTF?! Medium is to hard for me. A friend said that it was really easy and that he never died on medium, so I've been counting my deaths, so far I've died 20 times and I'm still in the Sewers! I just can't beat the part where Elle is abducted or something, and then you have to face three needlers and after that a siam. IT'S FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE!

But whatever, some day when I'm tired of dying over and over because of the needlers I will just bring up the shotgun and blast them away so that I and the siam can dance jitterbugg alone in the dark. Give me a drink!

I give this game a 70/100 it is a good, kinda creepy game, nice survival horror. I would have given it an 80 but it took a huge hit in controls for me. I play inverted in EVERYTHING, and not being able to switch has almost ruined the experience for me. I almost stopped playing before I got my first achievement because I couldn't stand it. I decided to suck it up and get used to it, I'm glad I did, but it still bugs me once in a while when the action gets faster. I hate having to think about the controls while I am playing. I almost considered buying a controller with a stick inversion switch, and I only rented this, and won't play it after I 1000 it.

Other than that almost dealbreaker for me, I like it a lot. I'm glad I decided to tough it out.

• 3 weeks later...

I am a big fan of the series so naturally enjoyed it. I liked the story which was typically Silent Hillish and the enemies are as usual hideously brilliant. My favourite would have to be Siam. I loved how the 4 bosses were manifestations of the horrors inflicted upon the murdered children. Obviously Sepulcher and being buried alive, Scarlet and being cut, Asphyxia and asphyxia, Amnion and drowning/embryonic rebirth. Once again typically Silent Hillish.

I was a little disappointed that Pyramid Head made a cameo appearence. It took away from his true fame in Silent Hill, a manifestation of Jame's guilt and wanting to be punished. I really didn't like the Pyramid Head / Boogeyman ending.

The fact that ammo was scarce was good and I didn't mind the new combat system but it did make some of the monster less threatening especially the nurses and lurkers. I would have liked them compensate by making more areas where there were too many monsters to fight them all and adding a little to the fear factor.

All in all I enjoyed it and would give it a score of about 80%. Not as good as some of the older ones but good enough to make me get all 5 endings legitimately ;)

I'm split when it comes to this game. Some times I think it's great and really fun to play, and sometimes I just want to throw it out the window. Sadly the throwing part is taking over right now. I mean, I'm playing it through on medium to get all the endings and the laser gun to make hard a piece of cake, but WTF?! Medium is to hard for me. A friend said that it was really easy and that he never died on medium, so I've been counting my deaths, so far I've died 20 times and I'm still in the Sewers! I just can't beat the part where Elle is abducted or something, and then you have to face three needlers and after that a siam. IT'S FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE!

But whatever, some day when I'm tired of dying over and over because of the needlers I will just bring up the shotgun and blast them away so that I and the siam can dance jitterbugg alone in the dark. Give me a drink!

I think you should know that the combat knife is hands down the best weapon in the game until you trade for the dagger. Just block and punish them when they make an opening i understand its frustrating but you gotta get the hang of it. also dont use the serums when you find them keep em. then when your low on health use it gives you full life back.

I love this game, not only do i have a 1000 for it but i got a 1000 on my GF's account on her bros account and on my friends account.

so thats like 20 playthroughs. and i loved each one.

Got say its due to the fact that i think the story is amazing, i enjoy every little hint and clue thats in the game to suggest what really happened.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I love survival horrors, and Silent Hill 1, 2, 3, and 4 were no exception. However, just once look at this pile of crap makes me go into nerd rage! I hate it to much- I find to bland, boring, non-scary, and a trashy story. I also noticed there were many glitches in the battle system. I'd rate this game a 3/10, and that's being generous. Sorry if it seems like I'm "bitching" but it just annoys me how they have ruined a great series.