Cant find Shadowmere

Foxxy kyle

I have read all over the internet including on this website about losing Shadowmere. Apparently if Shadowmere dies she will re-spawn in that spot in 14 days. However way more than 14 in-game days have passed and I am not sure where she would have died if she did die (I don't recall her dying). Would she not come find me if she did die and she re-spawned?

[spoiler=ID]I have not rode any other horses, but I have rode dragons with the new dragonborn dlc. Could this affect anything?

I thought she would return to the Dark Brotherhood sanctuary but so far no luck. Any other tips on finding her? I am just traveling to random locations looking for her at this point.

Do you fast travel? that usually works

also iirc it is 30 days before he/she respawns (I assume you are on X-Box as it does not work on PS3 version)

There is a wiki on this topic

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Shadowmere_%28Skyrim%29

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Shadowmere

read the bugs section

When I played on PS3 he died a few times, I waited and waited never woke up

So I always reverted to prior save.

Edited by ecto69

Do you fast travel? that usually works

also iirc it is 30 days before he/she respawns (I assume you are on X-Box as it does not work on PS3 version)

There is a wiki on this topic

Yes i fast travel. He isnt following me. And if it is 30 days maybe I should just keep on waiting.

Happened to me (PS3) when I was fighting some trolls and mammoths. Had to map to quite a few of their locations before I found him again, standing around as if nothing had happened.

But if you just need him for upping your destruction level, you could go to the Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary instead. If you have the prison rack you can use them to the same effect (but they need to be healed!)

Happened to me (PS3) when I was fighting some trolls and mammoths. Had to map to quite a few of their locations before I found him again, standing around as if nothing had happened.

But if you just need him for upping your destruction level, you could go to the Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary instead. If you have the prison rack you can use them to the same effect (but they need to be healed!)

Yeah I could always use that, and just use some sort of restoration spell or something to heal them.

Yeah I could always use that, and just use some sort of restoration spell or something to heal them.

Or you can go beat up a giant. if you have strong heal you can stand there all day.

I stood in front of one just in auto heal and increased heavy armor.

Make sure you don't have a follower with you.

I once went into a cave where they had either wolfs or those skewers in a fight pen and let the guards or enemies there beat me, but again Lydia finally killed them.

I tried to level up with Shadowmere at a lower level and it takes a long time. And he cries all the time so you need to turn sound lower. I could not stand hitting my friend/companion for very long.

Edited by ecto69

• 5 weeks later...
i did the quest to steal Frost and accidentally kept it now Frost is dead and i can't find Shadowmere. anyone else had this problem? i haven't tried the 10 day or 14 day wait like i've read about yet but i was curious if anyone else had dealt with this before.

Why Not? :confused:

There are 2 ways to get her back

1. Revert to prior save (that's why Bethesda gave use 999 save slots)

2. Wait (I have yet to try this on Shadowmere, as I always use #1 and she has not died yet)

On PS3 #2 never worked

Shadowmere is not essential and can die, unlike his counterpart in Oblivion. However, 10 days later, he will respawn at the location of his death.
Try and wait 10+ days Edited by ecto69

i had actually just read about the waiting method just before posting. i'm relatively new to Skyrim and i'm just getting the hang off the glitches and exploits. or at least what few still exist. mostly i just wanted to toss it out there to keep someone else from having the same problem. i hadn't read about anything like this happening to anyone else.

• 1 month later...

yeah shodowmere died on me,funny thing was it was after i left swindlers den to skyrim.as skyrim loaded up,shadowmere literally dropped dead in front of me.?????

later on i had to go back,probably 3 weeks after and there he was alive and kicking.............