Halo: Reach DLC Achievement Guide

Xplozion27

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crossmapping isn't glitched, you online need to do it in a slayer game. (No invasion, that's really hard to understand for some people). I also heard headshots don't count, though I can't say that for sure. What I do know for sure is that shooting vehicles is one of the easiest ways. Hard to miss because they are so big and ghosts, banshees and warthogs explode rather quick.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1104/UP2Ik5U=.jpgPoppin' & Lockin' - 25http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/misc/g-icon.gif

Noble 1: Destroy a vehicle using Armor Lock in a matchmade game.

This is a little more difficult than others, although given the right driver in the right vehicle in a ghost for examples makes it very easy. Big Team Battle is the best playlist. Lots of people which means big maps and vehicles. Hemorrhage is again a good map for these achievements. Simply wait till the ghost is just in front of you and Armor Lock. You need to destroy the vehicle and the driver. Practice makes perfect.

I wish to share how I got this achievement.

Map: SWORD BASE (I know, no vehicles on this map, just wait).

Playlist: ELITE SLAYER

How it unlocked: As you all know, releasing your armor lock removes enemy shields. It also damages the enemy when they are already out of shield.

So I melee atack an enemy (this removes their shield), then dropped my armor lock right next to him and released 1 second after. During this second, a teammate fired a few shots against this enemy, decreasing even more their health to 5%/10%. So when I released the armor lock, I damage the enemy, he dies and achievement unlocked. No vehicles. Just one on one close combat, and a little bit of luck.

Hope this helps

For "Totally Worth It" i'd recommend adding a suggestion for either Elite Slayer (IN Team Slayer) or Invasion (as an Elite and especially on Boneyard) as that is pretty much where i've always achieved that in the past in the very first Phase inside the territories and both have Elites start with Plasma Grenades which improve the chance of getting it greatly.

A lot of close quarters action with desperate fighting from the Spartan's trying to clear out Elites is perfect for a lucky stick since most of the Spartan players are so focused on defending that they will wrecklessly rush in to get you out of the Territory..

What i did was Big Team DLC, wait for some noobs taking the Warthog, and let them drive at me, but before they splatter me, i cast a stuck at them, and KABOOOM! They both die, maybe 3 ... Thats what i did. Pretty easy.

Can this be done in custom games?

No?

None of the achievements can be done in custom games. They are all "matchmade" (whatever) games. Read the description and they will tell you what gametype you must be playing to unlock them.

I can confirm no vehicle is necessary to unlock "Lockin' and Poppin'". I got it on Reflection (obviously no vehicles), Multi-team Slayer. A guy rushed me and backed me into a corner. I meleed him and armor locked with him trying to finish his double melee. Killed him, got the achievement. :woop:

This makes things make a LOT more sense, because I was looking at my cheevo's and I unlocked it, but I thought to myself, "I don't remember playing on any maps with vehicles today".....

Well, that mystery is now solved.

My first game with my buddy was the INVASION one and luckily we got that achievement.

The one that seems irritating with me is the STOCKPILE one. Everyone thinks every game is slayer seemingly. I might need to do that OFF the DLC to obtain it.

Need three more (double kill from grave, stockpile, the DMR longshot one).

Crossmapping isn't glitched, you online need to do it in a slayer game. (No invasion, that's really hard to understand for some people). I also heard headshots don't count, though I can't say that for sure. What I do know for sure is that shooting vehicles is one of the easiest ways. Hard to miss because they are so big and ghosts, banshees and warthogs explode rather quick.

Headies also work. I got mine with a Headie in Inavsion Slayer on Spire. I stood next to the place where the first invasion objectives are and the other guy was on top of the spire.

When I helped somebody boost the achievement, it seems to me that you actually need to literally be from one end of the map to the other. This might answer as to why it's gotta be more than just a gray crosshair. We did it on Pinnacle, and the first spot we tried was from the bottom behind the sniper tower, over to the other tower, but seeing as there are pieces of geometry behind that tower, it is not the edge of the map.

At that point, I moved over to the edge where the health pack is, where you have that little bridge that goes down and the plasma pistol spawns, and connects with the other tower. He was able to get it with me standing there, and him still standing against the wall at the base of the sniper tower.

yea I need the stockpile achieve and the rocket race. I get so annoyed playing stockpile. It's like people just run around in circles forgetting their are flags. Drives me crazy

its more annoying when 1 or 2 people on your team want the achievement, so they collect the flags and put them outside the goal (in order to get all 4) but dont leave anyone to guard them so the other team just comes over and takes them all :mad:

its more annoying when 1 or 2 people on your team want the achievement, so they collect the flags and put them outside the goal (in order to get all 4) but dont leave anyone to guard them so the other team just comes over and takes them all :mad:

What's stopping you from staying and guarding them? Be a team player.

^ This x100. It feels too difficult to get four at once without boosting, since half the other team forgets it's an Objective match and goes for kills instead. It's easier in Big Team but nobody likes playing it over Slayer on a huge map.

Got You Blew it Up and Poppin and Lockin in the same Invasion match, which felt awesome. Someone had just splattered half my team with a Ghost, but he came over to me and I got the timing right.

Haven't got all of them just yet, but I've been watching my buddy and I saw some nifty tricks for a couple of them.

For Cross-Mappin', what we ended up doing was playing BTB on Hemmorage. I got the sniper rifle and we both went directly to the cave and took cover. I searched for an enemy on the opposite side of the canyon and put a round into his lower torso, than my buddy took him out with a headshot immediately after. I ended up doing the same thing for myself, sniping the torso, than switching to DMR and head-shotting before he could take cover and it popped up after a minute.

The other tricky one he nabbed was Totally Worth It. It was done on the same match as Cross-Mappin. He found an area fairly secluded from enemy fire and, with luck, managed to draw in a warthog with a turret guy in the back. After he got them close enough and he was about to die, he stuck a plazzie to the front of the vehicle, died, and it went off, giving him the double kill from the grave and hence his achievement.

Both Barrels we both haven't done yet, but I'm going to assume defense on Invasion is probably the best method to get this along with some timing and luck.

Poppin' and Lockin' I managed to get in the same match as the first two I mentioned. I just drove a ghost up to an enemy and got out and started to run away. The enemy was stupid enough to get in it and try to ram me, so I just clicked on Armor Lock and it was over. It was my luck that my enemy wasn't very intelligent.

Than the last 3 with Rocket Race, Stockpile, and Invasion I haven't even tried for yet. Assuming Invasion will come eventually and Rocket Race will come eventually with luck, but I'm still trying to understand just how the stockpile one works. Do you have to get all 4 flags or is it your whole team has to get all 4. And do you have to get them all back to base simultaneously or do you just have to have all 4 captured at some point in the match?

Not sure whether this has already been mentioned or not, but it wasn't in the guide so I thought I should just point out, for those who are struggling with the 'Totally Worth It' Achievement, that you need to be in the 'Respawning in X' screen for the grenade kills to count as 'from the grave'. You can get them as your character dies, but they won't count as 'from the grave' unless you're on the screen that says 'respawning in x'.

Hope this helps those that are having difficulty obtaining this Achievement!

Edited by A Twisted Smile

Both Barrels we both haven't done yet, but I'm going to assume defense on Invasion is probably the best method to get this along with some timing and luck.

Infection dude. You START with a shotgun and if you're reasonably good it'll come in a couple matches.

You don't get a rejection medal for not getting splattered. At least, I'm pretty sure you don't. I think it's only for explosions, such as sticky grenades. I've never seen it from just getting shot or whatever, either.

I got a Rejection medal last nite when a ghost rammed me. And of course, with my luck in Halo, the ghost didnt blow up. It ramped over me then turned and waited. Killed me quickly after I came out of Armor Lock.