Achievement Guide and Road Map

The Pants Party

My kills are not counting for killing 50 enemies with command center on chapter 4.

Edit: The tracker shows up after you leave the command center.

^^this

Quickly reload checkpoint after killing the seeders when the locust stop coming. You can start the command center mission again and you can get your count. repeat.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think anyone's tried that yet, but I have a feeling it would sort of work, only the people who don't have the DLC would not unlock it - the people who do have it should get it that way though.

With the 5 player Horde cheev, can it be:

2 players using split screen (that have the DLC)

1 extra player using Jace? (no DLC)

?

I can confirm this works. We had a guy play with us who was using Jace and didn't own the DLC and the achievement popped for everyone but him.

Just so some of you know, the Death From Above/Unarmed and Dangerous achievements are a little funky. My HOD weren't registering in standard, so I had to switch to arcade and it unlocked. However, when I continued the chapter to get loader kills, they didn't register, so I had to switch back to standard, and it worked fine.

Just got the achievement right now myself. Took about an hour to get everything setup, and to get lucky enough to a Kim bot in a TDM game, but then it was plain sailing. You certainly need a bit of patience when the game tries to find you match for a good 5-10 minutes, and when you frustratingly get a Kim bot on COG when you are on COG as well (as happened to me a couple of times)

I personally had a season 5 torrent of The Wire downloading and seeding at the maximum to flood my internet speed, so not only do I have this achievement, I have an awesome TV show to watch as well - bonus.

I would advise anyone struggling with this achievement to give it a go. It can be easier than organizing a whole group of people to get a party match set up.

Quick edit (if Pants sees this post) Might be worth putting this method into the achievement guide. Definitely works, and is now confirmed by two people.

This is taking forever to find a match. I think they are on to us <looks over shoulder>

I cannot get it to let me into a game with this method. I've been waiting for 20 minutes at least. Am I doing something wrong?

Edit: I'm thinking having TOO many things bogging down the internet may be the problem?

Edited by taologos

My kills are not counting for killing 50 enemies with command center on chapter 4.

Edit: The tracker shows up after you leave the command center.

i was helping a couple of friends get a couple of the dlc cheives, but when we got to the hod part, only the kills by the host counted. my other 2 friends kills didnt get counted.

and yes the exited out of hod.

Just to confirm again, Unarmed and Dangerous does not work on arcade. Set up a normal campaign on act 4, leave one Locust alive in the area where the loader is located, reload checkpoint and repeat until the achievement unlocks.

I got the cheev on arcade

I don't know if this has been mentioned but it's not in the guide so I thought I'd mention this bout Unarmed and Dangerous. I was playing this on arcade to quickly blitzthrough and get to the point and turned on infinite ammo, perfect reload and instagib melee and the kills were not counting, I tried this twice no luck and then I tried again without instagib melee and it unlocked, so it looks like having instagib melee will make the kills in the loader not count

Edited by KashThePriest

This is taking forever to find a match. I think they are on to us <looks over shoulder>

I cannot get it to let me into a game with this method. I've been waiting for 20 minutes at least. Am I doing something wrong?

Edit: I'm thinking having TOO many things bogging down the internet may be the problem?

What are you using to slow your net speed down?

Many open windows streaming video

I tried using JustinTV HD videos and couldn't get that to work - there would always be one game it would find (how on Earth people could play in that lag was beyond me)

In the end, I found it easier to use Torrents, because you can alter how much of your download and upload speed it is using at that moment.

If it's not putting you into games, just be patient. It will put you in your own game eventually. Once you are in that game, no-one will get in with you providing you keep your download going as is.

I tried using JustinTV HD videos and couldn't get that to work - there would always be one game it would find (how on Earth people could play in that lag was beyond me)

In the end, I found it easier to use Torrents, because you can alter how much of your download and upload speed it is using at that moment.

If it's not putting you into games, just be patient. It will put you in your own game eventually. Once you are in that game, no-one will get in with you providing you keep your download going as is.

Great idea. I was using Justin tv also based on an earlier comment (perhaps yours). The torrent idea I will try later when I get home.

when people say banned for boosting are they reffering to xbox live, your profile reset, or just gears of war 3 achievemnts/progress? just wondering about this and if they have ever banned anyone for taking advantage of being able to do such things in the game with others and with regards to forms of boosting such as setting up foreshadowing achievemnt boosting matches where all players take turns executing each other. anyone clear this up??

when people say banned for boosting are they reffering to xbox live, your profile reset, or just gears of war 3 achievemnts/progress? just wondering about this and if they have ever banned anyone for taking advantage of being able to do such things in the game with others and with regards to forms of boosting such as setting up foreshadowing achievemnt boosting matches where all players take turns executing each other. anyone clear this up??

Anyone saying you can get banned for boosting is a moron. You cannot get banned for boosting in Gears of War. Do what you've gotta do to get your achievements.

Anyone saying you can get banned for boosting is a moron. You cannot get banned for boosting in Gears of War. Do what you've gotta do to get your achievements.
I don't think anyone has ever been banned for boosting achievements, although it does state in the XBL ToS you're not allowed to boost leaderboard rankings/stats.

By boosting for an achievement in any game that tracks your stats/leaderboard ranking will break the ToS. What's the likeliness of getting banned? No chance at all.

Just letting you know it's a rule that's there. It's kind of like jaywalking, no one really pays attention to it.

EDIT: Simplest way for me was to play Brothers to the End. Quick games, especially if you just die on purpose. Your teammate will hate you though lol.

I feel so stupid for asking this but is there an easy way to play 10 matches as Zeta team?

Every time I join in a match, my character is Marcus and never Kim and I have to wait for the match to end before my real characters will load, then I will have the best luck ever and be on Locust, which makes me rage quit to find another game trying to get COG and then the process just repeats.

I'm at 7/10 now but it's taking way longer than it seems it should.

Thanks.

Edited by Nevander

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Is there any way you can see what chapters you have done in arcade? I'm sure I did all 5 but the achievement didn't pop and I'd rather not play through the whole thing again.

Thanks for you help!

You might be able to check in the War Journal where the achievements are listed. If the achievement is to play 5 arcade chapters it will tell you how many out of the 5 are done.