Game constantly freezes when enemies die

Anyone else run into this problem? Every time I get a final hit on an enemy, either from a whip attack or a finishing move, the game freezes for half a second...If I kill more then 1 enemy at a time, it freezes for upwards of 3 seconds. It started around chapter 5-6, but even when I go back to earlier chapters it still does it. It also does the same thing on disk 2, so it can't be a faulty disk if they are both doing the exact same thing. :mad:

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finished the game last night and I never had any problems. Have you tried installing the game on your HDD?

Both my discs are installed and I have the same problem. I know a lot of reviews stated this problem but I thought it'd been fixed for retail. I'm playing on an older 360 model so maybe it doesn't affect the slim? The game actually totally freezes on a later section of the game as there are over 30 enemies on screen in one part and it was atrociously bad.

I have the new slim model so I can't speak for others, but...

My would freeze for just a second if I killed 5 or more at the same time (ie holy water the group of zombies summoned by the Necromancer). I just overlooked it, because of possibly a lot of particle effects and experience gains, I dunno. But it wasn't too bad for me.

Its definately a hardware issue. I havent had any issues at all. I have the slim by the way. my buddy has a old 20 gig and he hasnt had a issue either. so I dont believe it has anything to do with what system you have either. I just think there are certain issues with certian xboxes. Just like not all get the red ring. Know what I mean? If it was the game I think everyone who is playing would experience the same problem.

Its definately a hardware issue. I havent had any issues at all. I have the slim by the way. my buddy has a old 20 gig and he hasnt had a issue either. so I dont believe it has anything to do with what system you have either. I just think there are certain issues with certian xboxes. Just like not all get the red ring. Know what I mean? If it was the game I think everyone who is playing would experience the same problem.

im gonna disagree with you as ive tested it on 3 different xbox's and its happened on all 3. i dont think im that unlucky to have a certain hardware thats causing this glitch to happen on all 3 consoles at chapters 5-6, do you?

im gonna disagree with you as ive tested it on 3 different xbox's and its happened on all 3. i dont think im that unlucky to have a certain hardware thats causing this glitch to happen on all 3 consoles at chapters 5-6, do you?

You wouldnt think so. Are any of them a slim? Cause as I have stated I have had no issue. This game has not froze up on me a single time. I have a friend who says it has not froze up on him either and he has a 20gb. It really is hard to say. You would think if it was the software that it would happen to everyone no matter what. I am playing my first playthrough on easy. Wonder if difficulty makes a difference?

You wouldnt think so. Are any of them a slim? Cause as I have stated I have had no issue. This game has not froze up on me a single time. I have a friend who says it has not froze up on him either and he has a 20gb. It really is hard to say. You would think if it was the software that it would happen to everyone no matter what. I am playing my first playthrough on easy. Wonder if difficulty makes a difference?

ive tested on 2 slims and a ff13 super elite. on the gamefaqs forums theres a thread about. almost all that have this glitch are getting it after getting the achievement "seasoned" including myself. i tried both installed and not and still happens

good i thought i was the only one with this problem lol. Fighting the last boss is stupid since if i kill the enemies he spawns all at once i get a huge 3-7 second freeze.

I ended up not killing them. I evaded a lot and waited for him to put the circles on the ground, turned off magic and got hit by one then switched to the same element he was using before he hit me to take little damage, even on Paladin. Mainly because...I didn't want to deal with the Reapers. =S

I ended up not killing them. I evaded a lot and waited for him to put the circles on the ground, turned off magic and got hit by one then switched to the same element he was using before he hit me to take little damage, even on Paladin. Mainly because...I didn't want to deal with the Reapers. =S

Well that's the thing. If he brings the reapers in, and then does the circle move and you purposely get caught it counts as you killing them and gives you the XP. That's how i always got the freezing to happen during that fight.

But it did seem to happen after i turned on the XP display i think.

Well that's the thing. If he brings the reapers in, and then does the circle move and you purposely get caught it counts as you killing them and gives you the XP. That's how i always got the freezing to happen during that fight.

But it did seem to happen after i turned on the XP display i think.

I honestly couldn't remember if it froze or not. I didn't remember it doing it, but that's not to say it didn't happen. Hmm...I dunno. XD I just woke up, forgive me.