Bone Cleaver 2... HELP!

PenderPowguin

I fucking hate Bone Cleaver ver.2 This boss fight is so fucking hard it makes me want to buy a Wii. I've read the boss faq/walkthrough here and on gamefaqs but I still cannot manage this fat sack of shit of a boss.

Any one else have any pointers. I've tried:

Throwing axes at him

Evading until he attacks (then run up and attack) but he always recovers and does that 3 move swing and rapes me

Just straight up fighting with him, rolling continuously but once again the 3 move destroys me.

I want so bad to 1000 this game but I am losing my FUCKING mind!

Only way I got him was throwing axes constantly, took a little while to get the pacing down, but MUCH easier 2nd time through

But the axes eventually break? I usually duel wield them he always blocks the first and then when he's ready to throw his bollas or whatever the hell it is I hit him with the second.

I'm also playing on Hard, dunno if that makes a difference.

I've had more of a problem with axes flying off the top of the screen and staying stuck in the air than with breaking, and any that are on the ground when going from phase 1 to phase 2 seem to vanish, but throwing a few in from the previous room seems to work just fine.

I've had more of a problem with axes flying off the top of the screen and staying stuck in the air than with breaking, and any that are on the ground when going from phase 1 to phase 2 seem to vanish, but throwing a few in from the previous room seems to work just fine.

Perhaps that's what is happening with all of my axes. I will give it another shot tomorrow or maybe tonight. I was taking a little Conan break.

The way I did it on hard was to constantly circle him via rolling, in an anti-clockwise direction. It makes it much more difficult for him to hit you that way and you are immune to the shock waves. He will launch attacks that are easy to avoid and then its just a case of immediately timing you rolls inwards and getting three light hits with X, then quickly rolling away.

Patience is the key and you should destroy the tables etc to give yourself more room.

Throwing axes is futile although you can actually remove 1/4 of his health by timing a vase throw with him throwing his rope ( I forget the correct name of that now,) but I would say just stick to the light attack method.

Edited by dave252

• 1 year later...

-Grab two axes before or right as the fight begins.

-Kill lion.

-Stay out of BC2's attack range, throw one axe.

-He should block it, then go into his bolas animation.

-Right before he starts his bolas animation, roll forward. During it, quickly hit Y three times.

-Grab axe off floor or from rack on the left side.

Rinse, wash, repeat. That's how I beat him on hard and it's the safest method I know on beating him. Good luck!