Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Tyger7

Nice Guide,

I made a video guide for the Mr Sparkle achievement so feel free to use it. I think I have made this pretty simple for players of all skill levels so please take a look and tell me what you think!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YewykxuMCp0]The Simpsons Arcade (XBLA): Mr Sparkle Achievement Guide (HD) - YouTube[/ame]

I'd have to say that the highest difficulty rating you could possibly give this is a 4.

Granted I do not have 200 yet, but this is what I have done since getting the game last night and have not had played it since forever ago in arcades.

I had three friends over so we ran a four player game in free play picking up three achievements without any of us knowing how to do team attacks and other things...

Today I took a stab at Excellent with Lisa and while I failed at Mr. Burns 2nd form I know I can get that one without much problem now that I remember the game more clearly, and along the way I picked up 4 more cheevos.

I then went for Mr. Sparkle and got it no problem 1st try.

At this point I'd like to point out that I used your guide where it was concerned for all achievements after my first 4p playthru.

I'm only missing Excellent, Helper Monkey, Release the Hounds (both of these I'll get my next playthrough) and Like Taking Candy From a Baby (which with easy settings is no problem)

This guide was great, but the game isn't too hard. Survival Mode is a joke compared to Turtle in Time Reshelled, leaving the only real challenging achievement to be Excellent and between practice or a really good 2 player that one isn't even that tough.

3 or 4 difficulty seems about right to me as well. Got Mr. Sparkle and Excellent on my first attempts. I can see people having some trouble near the end when it comes to Mr. Sparkle, but with a few attempts anyone can get this done.

Excellent is fairly simple as well if you play extremely cautious. Think I only lost 3 credits when I finished off Mr. Burns.

Couple of other people contacted me with the same sort of problem looks like "changing the default controls" could be the soure.

3/4 for hardest as an arcade pro I found all the achievements very easy to do.

I'd have to say that the highest difficulty rating you could possibly give this is a 4.

Granted I do not have 200 yet, but this is what I have done since getting the game last night and have not had played it since forever ago in arcades.

I had three friends over so we ran a four player game in free play picking up three achievements without any of us knowing how to do team attacks and other things...

Today I took a stab at Excellent with Lisa and while I failed at Mr. Burns 2nd form I know I can get that one without much problem now that I remember the game more clearly, and along the way I picked up 4 more cheevos.

I then went for Mr. Sparkle and got it no problem 1st try.

At this point I'd like to point out that I used your guide where it was concerned for all achievements after my first 4p playthru.

I'm only missing Excellent, Helper Monkey, Release the Hounds (both of these I'll get my next playthrough) and Like Taking Candy From a Baby (which with easy settings is no problem)

This guide was great, but the game isn't too hard. Survival Mode is a joke compared to Turtle in Time Reshelled, leaving the only real challenging achievement to be Excellent and between practice or a really good 2 player that one isn't even that tough.

Agreed. Definitely a 4. Though I also don't have 200/200 I just haven't put the time into it yet. Nothing stands out as hard like TMNT which took me quite some time to 200/200.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 6 months later...