Download Games From Steam With Achievements

matthewh00

Bioshock 2 on Steam has been patched to remove GFWL, so doesn't belong on this list anymore.

Dark Souls, Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet, and Iron Brigade are all on the chopping block next.

Dark Souls has a hard copy but the other two are download only and will be gone for good. Better play them now if you haven't!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
A lot of steam games have had the achievements patched out of them can anyone tell me if any of the games that don't have a GFWL disk version still have achievments?

When you say a lot of steam games have had the achievements patched out where are you hearing that. So far I only know of Bioshock and it has been mentioned about Dark Souls. If their doing it to others I got quite a few games to finish ASAP.

:drunk

I just booted up Dark Souls, seems like it hasn't been axed yet.

I like that Steam are actually doing this but hopefully it won't be to a majority of the games until just before or around the time the GFWL service dies forever. That or give us the option to install the patch. It seems very unfair to enforce the patch upon people when not does it remove the achievement but it could mean starting the game over again.

• 1 month later...
I own Section 8 on Steam, can confirm it still has GFWL attached to it, although the servers are offline now, so 16 achievements are dead. If anyone still wants it for the offline achievements, it can be grabbed from the Bundlestars FPS Warriors Bundle.

Dude thats been dead for awhile now same with prejudice its too do with the lawsuit between the companies.

• 3 weeks later...
Dude thats been dead for awhile now same with prejudice its too do with the lawsuit between the companies.

Not sure I've understood you correctly. Are you saying the game is not supporting GFWL any more, or are you referring to FPS Warriors Bundle. 'Cause I'm considering buying that bundle to get Section 8.

Not sure I've understood you correctly. Are you saying the game is not supporting GFWL any more, or are you referring to FPS Warriors Bundle. 'Cause I'm considering buying that bundle to get Section 8.

GFWL is still supported, but you cannot complete the game anymore, because the (ranked) servers are down.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Ms. Splosion man got a steamworks update, another one bits the dust : (

Thanks, updated the list.

I haven't had access to a computer for a few weeks now, so updates will be infrequent.

Does mortal kombat not work anymore? I see its still on this list, but reviews of it on steam seem to suggest it doesn't.

I am not sure about Mortal Combat. When I added it to the list, I did check places like steam and a few forums, but wasn't sure, hence it was never Confirmed

Edited by matthewh00

Ms. Splosion man got a steamworks update, another one bits the dust : (

Like I said in the "removed from steam" thread, if you still have the GFWL version installed just don't update it, and run the game in steam's offline mode. Works fine still. (protip: backup your install folder from steamapps/common/)

I'm I right in thinking GFWL servers are shutting down on 1st July?

Will this will make the achievements unobtainable. Really should have completed what I had. I think I will be playing Batman AA and Viva Pinata non stop for the next two days.

Edit: Ok, after a little research it seems that MS have released a statement to Game Informer stating that are planning on continuing the support for GFWL although it is still quite vague.

We are continuing to support the Games for Windows Live service. As previously announced, as part of the retirement of Microsoft Points the Xbox.com PC marketplace was closed. Although customers are unable to purchase new games from the marketplace or receive title updates, they can continue to enjoy previously purchased content by downloading them through the Games for Windows Live client as usual. We remain committed to investing in PC gaming in the years ahead, and look forward to sharing more in the future.

Full article here.

Edited by XBOX ISAAC82

^ I see there has been a cheeky edit whilst I've been browsing as well.

I'm I right in thinking GFWL servers are shutting down on 1st July?

Will this will make the achievements unobtainable. Really should have completed what I had. I think I will be playing Batman AA and Viva Pinata non stop for the next two days.

Supposedly this is not the case http://segmentnext.com/2014/06/23/microsoft-pledges-support-for-gfwl-ahead-of-its-shutdown/

A lot of games are going over to Steamworks which annoys the dick out of me.

Like I said in the "removed from steam" thread, if you still have the GFWL version installed just don't update it, and run the game in steam's offline mode. Works fine still. (protip: backup your install folder from steamapps/common/)

Thanks for the pro tip I will do this now.

Edited by master_shake_350