My Tip for Mr. February

Damian83

after ive spent hours on reading tons of posts and trying all possible strategies without success, i have found an alternative method... choose a good team, sim undefeated until bcs cahmpionship and save. look at top 100 class for which team is ranked 1st. then sim championship and after it, hope the ranked 1 team offer a job for u. if not, reload and try again until u get it. then sim until next season and achievement pop ups. it was the only way worked for me

good advice bro, i'm just gonna throw in my 2 cents about the method I almost guarantee works 100% of the time...

1) Play through a Dynasty season as the Florida Gators making sure to go undefeated and win the BCS championship

2) Sim through the offseason until you are asked if you want to create prospects for your team and select yes

3) I made 10 prospects - all played different positions (offense and defense), all were from Florida, and all were 99 ratings (guaranteed they were 5 star recruits) They key thing here is to make sure all the recruit's home state is FLORIDA!!! That makes them much more likely to sign for your team over anyone else's

4) Go to your Recruiting board and just pick the top 35 5 star players on there (10 of them will be your prospects you made earlier)

5) Simulate the entire regular and bowl season (My team lost 2 games but had no trouble with the recruits). At this time, I had signed 9 5 star recruits so I pretty much had Mr. February in the bag.

6) Continue into the offseason and simulate the entire thing and Mr. February should pop

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I know you guys are having problems with this achievement and trust me, I had my own problems myself. I'll explain how I did it because it was the LAST achievement I needed. lol

I used the Oklahoma Sooners and edited my schedule so that I was facing the worst teams possible record-wise. I simulated and went 11-2 (I believe) and was ranked #4 at time of the bowl games. It truly is a stroke of luck when you sim through it because you can only use one team. Using 12 teams DOES NOT work. lol

If you don't get the achievement once you get past the recruiting stage of the off-season, reload the original 2008 dynasty season and try again. It will take a little bit to do and remember you don't have to be national champions to get the achievement.

Since Oklahoma is a 6 star school, here's some other good choices to use. Notre Dame (6 star), Auburn (5 star I think), Tennessee (6 star).

Hope this helps out a little bit.

• 2 weeks later...

this is what i did, it only took about 15 min.

start dinasty with ohio st. sim thru seasom making sure you go undefeated and win the BCS championship. sim to recruiting. SAVE!!!! before you start to recruit. sim all recruiting weeks and check top classes at the end. if you are #1 then continue and it will pop for ya. if you are not #1 just quit and load dynasty and do the recruiting over again. keep doing it till you are #1.

another great team to use for this would be Tennessee.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Ok. So I was stuck forever on this to. I followed to the OP and went off that. Something I would add on is that to guarantee you will get an offer to the school that has the top recruiting class is to play the bowl game for that school and make them loose horribly. Florida was #1 in recruit so I played their bowl game and made them get blown out. Then when a won the National Championship, playing as Oklahoma, I got an offer to Florida. I did take like 3 reloads, but all together only took about 20 min.

• 3 months later...
good advice bro, i'm just gonna throw in my 2 cents about the method I almost guarantee works 100% of the time...

1) Play through a Dynasty season as the Florida Gators making sure to go undefeated and win the BCS championship

2) Sim through the offseason until you are asked if you want to create prospects for your team and select yes

3) I made 10 prospects - all played different positions (offense and defense), all were from Florida, and all were 99 ratings (guaranteed they were 5 star recruits) They key thing here is to make sure all the recruit's home state is FLORIDA!!! That makes them much more likely to sign for your team over anyone else's

4) Go to your Recruiting board and just pick the top 35 5 star players on there (10 of them will be your prospects you made earlier)

5) Simulate the entire regular and bowl season (My team lost 2 games but had no trouble with the recruits). At this time, I had signed 9 5 star recruits so I pretty much had Mr. February in the bag.

6) Continue into the offseason and simulate the entire thing and Mr. February should pop

I will try this...

Why didn't I think of that??

Nice work!

EDIT: this didn't work...created 20 prospects all from CA and only 1 commited to me after going undefeated...

I just kept doing a season with FLA and finally got it.

Edited by Carmona

I found this achievement a bit tricky, but the key is to use Florida. I replaced Hawaii and FCS Southwest with Clemson and ND to strength my schedule. This achievement can be got pretty easy if you just keep up with recruiting.

What I did was set my pre-season recruiting board, by going to prospect search and setting the criteria for Calibur to 5 Star and Interest Level to Top 3 school. Then I selected everyone and adjusted Interest to Top 3, and so forth, stopping at Top 10 since if you aren't in someone's preseason Top 10 with Florida, they aren't gonna be persuaded.

After that sim the the games week by week, not at all at once. Obviously make sure you win or re-load. The tricky part is to go to recruiting every week and make sure to remove any prospects that have committed elsewhere, or those who are on a decision level that you fall outside of (example, they are on a decision based on their Top 3 schools and you are 5th on their list). By doing this and continuing to add the highest calibur players to your board you should be able to sign a fair amount of 5 Stars and a couple of 4s during the season. I did this and got to the offseason sitting at #2 behind Auburn. I had 5 5* commits and 6 4* commits.

If you continue to swap out committed players on your board and add those who are interested in your school, you SHOULD be in good position to be #1. In week 4, double check your recruiting board and remove anyone who has you as their 3rd school or lower, and just go to the prospect search and search for people who see you as their Top School. Go down the list and add the highest calibur prospects. Sim week 5 and you should overtake the top spot. Sim week 6 and POP goes the achievement.

I got it with 5 Five / 9 Four / 6 Three / 4 Two / 1 One.

I know it's probably not as easy as creating prospects or jumping ship to the #1 Recruiting team, but it makes grabbing this achievement a little bit more fun since it feels more active.

Hope it helps.