Second Assault exp pack info

SpectreSoldier

According to this article the second assault exp pack will feature 4 BF3 maps remade for BF4. As you already know the map featured are Gulf of Oman, Op. Firestorm, Op metro and Caspian Border,

the map will feature levolution events.

Also this expansion packs will feature some new weapons from BF3.

So far the confirmed weapons are

MP7

AS VAL

F2000

L85

RPK 74

AN 94

This is the link of the article along with a launch trailer and some footage of the new maps.

http://bf4central.com/2013/11/battlefield-4-second-assault-videos-reveal-new-maps/

Edited by SpectreSoldier

The maps featured are Gulf of Oman, Op. Firestorm, Op metro and Caspian Border

Too soon :p

Metro is a good map, and will be great on the X1. On pc it is fucking great :)

Firestorm is boring as hell so I'm not going to play that one.

Gulf and Caspian has got to be the most played maps on Bf3 and I don't need to see them again so soon...

Should have taken maps from Bad Company or Bf2 even :woop:

So far the confirmed weapons are

AS VAL

Didn't play Bf3 that much on 360, but on the Pc As Val was so overpowered it was the weapon every noob sniper used to rank up. Spray and Pray gun number one...

Im looking forward to playing these maps with 64 players and better destruction on the X1

+1

I loved Gulf of Oman on both BF2 and BF3, so i'm sure I will love it once again. I'm interested to see how that sand storm will affect the map and the players.

I expect the levolution on Firestorm to be something to do with the oil platform (C flag on console conquest) and the pipes leading up to it. Perhaps it some form of detonating a explosive like on Zavod 311, that will cause an explosion which creates a chain reaction through the pipes and they come crashing down on the main road, making it hard for vehicles to access the center of the map via that main road.

8=======>~

At first I thought that you were being arrogant, then I realized that you needed to make the dick as long as it is because of the 10 character rule! :D

Ugh, Firestorm? Really?

They should have named it Operation Roofcamp.

Pretty much. Definitely my least favorite map from BF3. Well, aside from Tehran...

Im looking forward to playing these maps with 64 players and better destruction on the X1

Operation Metro with 64 players? As if being spawn camped by 12 players wasn't bad enough! I am going to farm Supply/Heal Ribbons like a BOSS on Metro!

Premium on BF4 appears to be £39.99. So they want us to pay double.

Most people will already have the China Rising Dlc code included with their pre-order or retail version. (Map pack 1)

I'm not really looking forward to playing old Battlefield 3 maps so soon. Firestorm and Metro - Urrghhh (map pack 2)

So that £40 is basically for 3 maps packs and a load of crappy skins for guns and characters ,and a bit of artwork thrown in as a content drop.

Rent a server rip off is making a return shortly and I presume at that stage they will switch off the dedicated Rush, Obliteration, Conquest servers, whatever you prefer.

I do like Battlefield and adore the Bad Company series but can't help feeling we are being taken for mugs here.

Premium on BF4 appears to be £39.99. So they want us to pay double.

Most people will already have the China Rising Dlc code included with their pre-order or retail version. (Map pack 1)

I'm not really looking forward to playing old Battlefield 3 maps so soon. Firestorm and Metro - Urrghhh (map pack 2)

So that £40 is basically for 3 maps packs and a load of crappy skins for guns and characters ,and a bit of artwork thrown in as a content drop.

Rent a server rip off is making a return shortly and I presume at that stage they will switch off the dedicated Rush, Obliteration, Conquest servers, whatever you prefer.

I do like Battlefield and adore the Bad Company series but can't help feeling we are being taken for mugs here.

premium was once £33.99 (like it should be) but has now gone up to £39.99. so for us UK people its £6 more expensive, where the US pay exactly the same for bf4 premium as they did with bf3 premium. the only problem i have i that the content seems to be too rushed, the premium calendar will end in october, then we will have to wait until at least november the next year before having anything new.

Curious to see what the Levolution will be on these maps too. Maybe the two major cafe buildings can be taken down on Metro? Lol.

They showed a brief glimpse of it during the Showdown event on EU launch day. Apparently you can shoot out the lights down in the corridors - should be an interesting touch in Rush etc - and explode the roof/floor to create new routes in between the levels. Could be pretty interesting, and open the map up beyond the usual kill zones.

They showed a brief glimpse of it during the Showdown event on EU launch day. Apparently you can shoot out the lights down in the corridors - should be an interesting touch in Rush etc - and explode the roof/floor to create new routes in between the levels. Could be pretty interesting, and open the map up beyond the usual kill zones.

Really? That sounds epic.. :dance:

i know what the source says, but just think about the roofs. ive seen it where they shoot out the roof in the trailer, that just opens it up, probably lets beams of light into the tunnel and possibly make it harder to see people standing behind it if you are infront of it. the only place the roof destruction would work would be towards the end of the tunnel on rush when you can be directly above or below people, rubble may fall and you may be able to climb up onto it, but on the trailer the rubble that falls is in an OUB area.

it will change the map up quite a bit, especially with working elevators to gain access to the upper level instead of just 2 escalators, should change the game up quite a bit.