Sniper Rifles = 1-hit Kills???

CGPsaint

Is this a part of the 1-hit kill glitch or are true Sniper Rifles that OP? For the past couple of days, I have been getting 1-hit killed over and over again by Sniper Rifles. I can understand it if ALL of the kills are headshots, but I find it pretty far-fetched to assume that ALL of the hits landed on me have been headshots, especially when I don't spend a whole lot of time standing still. How is everyone else faring against Sniper Rifles?

Same results as you and its very frustrating! I typically run and gun with a carbine and never camp/ stand still. So getting one shot left and right is ridiculous or every sniper I play against is that damn good at head shots , well at least when they can actually hit you!

But as far as op sniper rifle I'm not sure as I haven't even unlocked a sniper past the first one you start with.

Edited by xRaW CaRNage x

If it's limb shots then that's bullshit.

But I'm pretty sure a sniper rifle bullet through center mass up is fatal. At least, how it should be.

Being that I play mainly Domination and that I'm getting hit in run and gun situations, I find it hard to believe that every single time I'm getting hit by someone using a Sniper Rifle, that it's Center Body Mass or a headshot.

I've only just started playing as recon i can easily say that i get nowhere near as many OHKs as what kill me.

I think that the SRs are a bit more powerful do to the fact that no one stands still, at all. Many maps are just too frantic. Personally i think it feels more like CoD this year with the forced CQ battles and narrow choke points.

Disclaimer- I don't mind choke points. Nothing i love more than defending the Bazaar alley singlehandedly, but there just seems to be a lot more in BF4

Edited by Emperor 95

Noticed it today after finally joining a few games.

SVD and other semi auto rifles are ridiculously OP, near enough 1 hit or my health is down to 10.

They frantically spray away. One guy was running and gunning with one, hip firing and still managed to hit me even though I was above him. You could hear bullet after bullet firing away as he panicked to fight back, noob went down but not without taking a hit first.

Absolute joke.

So many things need fixing in BF4, great otherwise.

There are also hardcore servers where snipers are one shot kills in the body. It could be possible that you joined a hardcore server on accident.

Playing HC?

Nope & nope! I'd like to think that I'm not even remotely new to the Battlefield scene, and I certainly know the difference between Normal and Hardcore! I have since switched from playing Conquest, to playing Hardcore Conquest or Domination/Defuse if I can't find a Hardcore game.

I'm getting this aswell. If a sniper see's me i'm fucked because 1 hit regardless and i'm dead. Saying this i have used Recon a few times and i do get 1 hit kills almost every shot even if the foot.. Could be the glitch im not sure.

Not to bothered tho as i always run about as assault and generally have no issues with snipers unless im in a one on one

I know that the around the 5th sniper I believe it does do more damage right off the bat. Maybe they have this sniper? Otherwise I have been sniping and have not been getting 1 shot kills all the time.

I have all the snipers unlocked, and the starting one does the same damage (highest) as the last unlocked. Only difference is in things like range and stability, and other stats.

They shouldn't be a 1-hit anywhere on the body. In the head and in the chest (heart area) are the only 1-hit kills if you are at 100 health.

The DMRs are the semi-auto snipers, but they don't do nearly as much damage as the bolt action snipers. So they usually need 3+ hits to kill you.

I'm not sure if it's a glitch or what, or if you were getting shot by 2 snipers at once (which happens a lot more than you think), or by a ground troop+ a sniper.

A lot of snipers in this game wait until they see you in a fight, then they go for the easy anywhere on your body hit.