GUN Code

codedigital

Here is the GUN code as I got from another site:

Complete the game and return to the starting area (Blackfoot Territory). From the LEFT of the HIGHER boulder leading up to a ledge and gap, jump and spur your horse so it lands on top, then onto the ledge. Cross the next two areas. Stand between the only two rocks in the water. Press and hold LB+LT+RB+RT+A for a few seconds until you hear a strange sound. Go to Options (press START),for a new selection - GUN. Choose any Mission or Cutscene. You will retain ALL weapons, items, and skills.

If anyone else has anything else to add....please do!

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I think there are videos and The Pants Party will post such a video sometime in the near future. But the starting area is simple to find.

1. Finish the game. You should be outside of the mine after the credits.

2. Hop onto the horse that is right by you when you are outside the mine.

3. Ride the horse to the Ferry where you crossed the river near the beginning of the game.

4. Cross the river via the Ferry and enter the next area. It should be an open pasture with cliffs surrounding the majority of the area and a river/stream running around the outside. The may also be some Indians at this point (I don't remember).

5. From where you enter this area, head straight across to the opposite side and look for another opening. You will not be able to reach this on foot as it is high up with some boulders/rocks underneath. This is the area you need to be at to follow the directions in the first post.

To find the right spot to put the code in.

1. Climb the cliff (mentioned in the first post) and you enter one of the training sections you were in with your 'Father' at the very start of the game.

2. Cross this area and you will find another ledge-entrance combo only this one is lower down but still impossible to get past on foot.

3. Stay on your horse and keep galloping and jumping at the ledge until you get ontop, this may take a while as you need to find the right spot to jump from.

4. Once you pass the ledge you are in the section where the code must be used.

5. Dismount and head to the edge of the water, looking for the two rocks.

6. Follow the rest of the first post.

But do you have to complete the game all over again?

Does any one have approximately the time it takes to complete the story with or without all of the weapons?

If you use the Glitch and already have a completed game then you only need to fight the very last section of the final boss battle, that will take you half an hour tops to do ALL of them.

If you need to complete the game again to be able to do the glitch then on Easy it will only take about two days casual play if you do all missions and side missions. Just keep a guide at hand to help with any of the tricky parts.

• 2 weeks later...
This is a bit of an old thread, but I have a question :p

So, if I was to complete the game on easy, then do this thing, I could then skip to the final level for all diffucultys and then do all of the completed level difficulties? :confused:

id also like to know the answer to this please :)

You don't actually get to keep your stats, but it is very easy to beat the final checkpoint without them. Once you beat the game on easy, go do this trick. Then, select Gun from the Options menu. Then select "missions" and pick the final mission. Once that mission loads, go back to the Gun option and select "checkpoints" and select the final checkpoint. All you'll have to do is hit him in the head and then shoot the dynamite out of the air that he throws four times and you've beat another difficulty. Repeat for the others and you're done. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Tussell and anyone else having problems:

Here is a quick diagram of where to go on Hard and Insane modes so Magruder CAN'T hit you. When he shoots it will still be indicated as a white line but not a red (hit) direction line. There are some long boulders on both sides, go to the right and on the boulder marked in the picture go between the two rises closest to Magruder on that long boulder. May sound confusing but you can take your time and get easy head shots without Magruder coming anywhere near hitting you.

Hit him with your rifle, he throws the dynamite just quick draw to it and welcome some nice achievement points into your account.

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p229/gjd139/gundiagram.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Oh man I totally beat Magruder today finally!

Use the glitch, make a new game, and once its loaded, go to the menu, choose options, then gun, then mission, then magruders mine. Once thats loaded, choose the same, but instead of mission, go to checkpoint, and pick magruder fight 2 and you'll have your first pistol and rifle. Very easy. Just quick draw Magruder in the head, and then wait for the dynamite. Rinse and repeat 4 times and its over!

Yippee!:woop:

Thanks for helping me max this game out. When you enter the code, it opens up all level/checkpoints as stated earlier. What wasn't said was that you'll have to quit your current game in order to start a new one, but the 'GUN' level skip menu will still exist under options. So, make sure you've maxxed out all the secondary objectives, bought all the weapons/upgrades and found all the gold, so you'll just have the level achievements left. When you skip to Magruder's 2nd checkpoint, it's fairly easy to beat him on every level, so don't hesitate to just jump in.

Another 1000 in less than a week!