awaken DLC Free???????

Acejunky

Name one game other then aliens CM that gearbox outsourced for and they didn't lie about anything, all videos shown at E3 are subject to change just like game demos. Also, your Xbox can't run anything as smooth as the $1000+ pcs they use at E3. Gearbox is one of the best companies to fans, holiday codes for in game items, personal responses from CEO's to messages they don't even need to bother reading, because like a bunch of people said... Most gamers are just whiney bitches. And when you're developing one of the most anticipated titles of the year (BL2), its a good idea to outsource, especially when they HAD to release the aliens game by a specific date or they would lose project funding. Sometimes you have to settle with what you've got in order to pay your employees and put money into your big released. Not only that but they also made a NPC, and achievement, named after a huge borderlands fan who died at a young age. Also wrote an extremely thoughtful eulogy and had the guy who does claptraps, fans fav character, voice read it. When's the last time you got a mention or reply from a big game company's CEO?

Blah, blah, fuckin' blah. Your fanboy is showing. Might wanna cover that up. The ONLY franchise that Gearbox hasn't completely fucked up is Borderlands. Their flagship franchise. And with the shit DLC they've released, even that's debatable. Duke Nukem was an overhyped piece of trash. Same for Colonial Marines. And hell, even BIA: Hell's Highway was a HUGE disappointment. Sure, they're very supportive of their fanbase. But the only reason it's such a big deal with them is because of how public they are with their support. They have a rather blatant tendency of tooting their own horn where that's concerned. But it doesn't change the fact that practically all the games they've released that aren't Borderlands have failed repeatedly to live up to the promises they made.

People love hating on EA over shit that happened 10+ years ago. Funny thing is, most of these haters probably have no fucking idea what the original fuss was all about to begin with. And these days, these asshole haters will take ANYTHING at all , true or not, to use as fuel for the fire.

Fact is, they've consistently released great games with great post-launch support, and great metacritic averages since the beginning of the current console generation.

Dead Space, Mass Effect, Mirror's Edge, Battlefield, Bulletstorm, Kingdoms of Amalur, Portal, The Orange Box, Crysis, Brutal Legend, Army of Two, Dragon Age,... The list goes on. Not to mention some of the great arcade games they've also released. EA has published all of them.

Talk all the shit you want to about EA. But you're the vocal minority. Because the sales numbers, reviews scores, and overall quality of their games speaks for itself. They're a powerhouse for publishing triple A titles. And I'll personally continue to support them for as long as they continue releasing great games.

Edited by ThePumpkinKing

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blah, blah, fuckin' blah. Your fanboy is showing. Might wanna cover that up. The ONLY franchise that Gearbox hasn't completely fucked up is Borderlands. Their flagship franchise. And with the shit DLC they've released, even that's debatable. Duke Nukem was an overhyped piece of trash. Same for Colonial Marines. And hell, even BIA: Hell's Highway was a HUGE disappointment. Sure, they're very supportive of their fanbase. But the only reason it's such a big deal with them is because of how public they are with their support. They have a rather blatant tendency of tooting their own horn where that's concerned. But it doesn't change the fact that practically all the games they've released that aren't Borderlands have failed repeatedly to live up to the promises they made.

People love hating on EA over shit that happened 10+ years ago. Funny thing is, most of these haters probably have no fucking idea what the original fuss was all about to begin with. And these days, these asshole haters will take ANYTHING at all , true or not, to use as fuel for the fire.

Fact is, they've consistently released great games with great post-launch support, and great metacritic averages since the beginning of the current console generation.

Dead Space, Mass Effect, Mirror's Edge, Battlefield, Bulletstorm, Kingdoms of Amalur, Portal, The Orange Box, Crysis, Brutal Legend, Army of Two, Dragon Age,... The list goes on. Not to mention some of the great arcade games they've also released. EA has published all of them.

Talk all the shit you want to about EA. But you're the vocal minority. Because the sales numbers, reviews scores, and overall quality of their games speaks for itself. They're a powerhouse for publishing triple A titles. And I'll personally continue to support them for as long as they continue releasing great games.

Your fanboy is showing too! Seriously, don't call someone out for being a fanboy, make it a negative thing then do the exact same thing yourself just about another company.

When people hate on EA it's not because of thier games, sales numbers or review scores, it's because they've shown again and again that they care more about making money than they do making their customers happy. Yes yes I know they are a business but they don't have to be so fucking obvious about it. Multiple other companies have shown you can keep a good relationship with your customers and still make money.

Edited by Majica8

Your fanboy is showing too! Seriously, don't call someone out for being a fanboy, make it a negative thing then do the exact same thing yourself just about another company.

When people hate on EA it's not because of thier games, sales numbers or review scores, it's because they've shown again and again that they care more about making money than they do making their customers happy. Yes yes I know they are a business but they don't have to be so fucking obvious about it. Multiple other companies of shown you can keep a good relationship with your customers and still make money.

*slow claps*

Isn't metacritic also an arguable source too? I mean I've been there, and what metacrtic gives, it isn't what the vocal majority say all the time. I think for most part metacritic is such an out dated system that people rely on too much.

I think pretty much all critics are arguable sources tbh. The only 100% reliable critic is yourself. Read all the reviews you want but at the end of day nothing beats actually playing a game yourself to see how it is.

*slow claps*

O_o.....care to expand on that?

you lost all credibility when you said mirrors edge was a good game. And orange box is Valve buddy. Bulletstorm suckedddddddd. Portal is a valve game. Your lack if knowledge is showing... And if you had actually read what i said there's nothing bad about EA at all. So take a chill pill and go figure out who actually makes the games you like... Half of which are the worst games ever.

Edited by jpace731
add

ppl that approve of eas tactics are ignorant and/or just dont know any better..like a puppy pissing on the carpet..and as such should be popped on the nose with a rolled up newspaper until they learn better..

Edited by cutterk73

and as for fanboy, all I did was prove what you said about a company wrong I didn't over glorify them like you did with EA. Seriously where did you get this fantasy idea that they make Valve games? I really want to know because I can't stop laughing at how dumb you are. Oh and btw, the borderlands series has be praised time and time again for the amount of work they out into their dlc and the quality of it as well. Way to just spit out bullshit to try and sound right... EPIC FUCKING FAIL BROOOOO, let me know when EA is coming out with Half Life 3... Moron.. And you never answered the outsourcing question... You just named games that you don't like.... And btw gearbox just bought the intellectual property for Duke Nukem when 3D Realms sold it, they didn't develop that game take two and triptych did. Want to try again? I can make you look like a fool all day

Edited by jpace731

When people hate on EA it's not because of thier games, sales numbers or review scores, it's because they've shown again and again that they care more about making money than they do making their customers happy. Yes yes I know they are a business but they don't have to be so fucking obvious about it. Multiple other companies have shown you can keep a good relationship with your customers and still make money.

So, I'm a fanboy because I'm sick to death of people talking completely baseless shit about EA? I fail to understand the logic there. As I said, the hate against EA started YEARS ago. Over poor working conditions and unpaid overtime while under previous (very poor) leadership. It had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that they are a "business that operates the way any business would". And, yes. They are indeed a business in the business of making money. And they don't sugar coat it. But you know what? I don't give a shit. And no one else should either. As long as they publish quality games, which they do, that's all anyone should be concerned with. Meaning they have no reason whatsoever to sugar coat it. Every single reason people bitch and whine about EA these days is because of DLC, Microtransactions, and other completely optional services. Absolutely nothing they do forcefully impacts gamers in a negative way. Yet all you ever hear are these idiots pissing and moaning about shit that doesn't affect them at all. it amounts to little more than a cave full of self-entitled little trolls that cry foul just because they think they have a reason or right to. And the whole "hating them because they're an Evil Empire" bullshit got old a looong time ago. They made serious changes. Listened to the vaild complaints about real problems. And turned themselves into one of the best publishers in the world. But now everyone just hates them because it's the cool thing to do. Take a look at the recent "report" that they had canned Dead Space. It was a completely unsubstansiated rumor started by a completely anonymous source with now credible or reliable proof to back it up. And before EA even had the opportunity to respond, the haters were using it as gospel of the evil that is EA. When the fact was, there was no fact. It was complete bullshit. Or how about their response to the resource farming in DS3? They announced that they had no intention of patching the game. They were fine with it as-is. But still, the haters came out in troves claiming that they just said that to "save face". That's the kind of completely ignorant, uniformed hate that I'm sick to death of. Because the fact is, in both situations, EA had done absolutely nothing wrong. On the contrary, they did the exact opposite. Which should have pleased everyone. But instead, the vocal minority of idiots still had to insist they were full of shit anyway.

It's completely ridiculous. I could have understood the mentality years ago. When there was good reason to seriously dislike the company. But these days? It's complete and utter nonsense.

So if that makes me a fanboy? Sure, I'm a fanboy. Or maybe I have enough of a grasp on reality to see a situation for what is really is.

and as for fanboy, all I did was prove what you said about a company wrong I didn't over glorify them like you did with EA. Seriously where did you get this fantasy idea that they make Valve games? I really want to know because I can't stop laughing at how dumb you are. Oh and btw, the borderlands series has be praised time and time again for the amount of work they out into their dlc and the quality of it as well. Way to just spit out bullshit to try and sound right... EPIC FUCKING FAIL BROOOOO, let me know when EA is coming out with Half Life 3... Moron.. And you never answered the outsourcing question... You just named games that you don't like.... And btw gearbox just bought the intellectual property for Duke Nukem when 3D Realms sold it, they didn't develop that game take two and triptych did. Want to try again? I can make you look like a fool all day

No, you really can't. Because you're actually the one talking out of your ass.

Never said they made Valve games, "bro". I said they publish Valve's releases. Which they do. Because they own Valve software. And in that particular case, they're smart enough as publishers not to force deadlines down Valve's throats. In fact, more often than not these days, EA is smart enough to usually take the "when it's ready" approach with release dates.

As far as borderlands DLC. Sure, the first borderlands had quality DLC. The exception being the underdome. Which was complete shit. Borderlands 2? Not so much. Pirate's booty was ho-hum at best. Torque's DLC? Fucking yawn. Hammerlock's was a slight improvement. But the general consensus is that they're really releasing the same crap with a slightly different paint job. Redundant fetch quests. With minimal variety between them all.

And no. I didn't just name "games I didn't like". Duke Nukem was finished by Gearbox. Sure, they didn't make the entire game. But they came in and finished what needed to be finished to get it out to retail. And for all the hype, it was trash. Albeit fun trash. But 10 year old trash nonetheless. Aliens? Don't even try to argue about that one. It was supposed to be the best Aliens game EVER made. Gearbox hyped the fuck out of that game. Instead it just gets lumped on to the same pile of shit that the rest of them sit on. Not to say it isn't enjoyable. But it's nowhere near the level that it should have been based on the kind of hype they were building behind it. And Brothers in Arms? I really liked it. But that doesn't change the fact that it was a huge disappointment. Especially when compared to the previous installments. It was a big step backwards for the franchise. Which has a lot to do with why there hasn't been one since. Probably why they tried to go a separate way with furious 4. Point is, Gearbox talks a great fucking line. Problem is, very rarely do they actually fucking deliver when it comes down to it.

I don't know about you. But I'd pick a developer that let's the product speak for itself. Especially when Gearbox talks waaay too much. Because again, for all of their talk, they haven't delivered on most of it.

So, I'm a fanboy because I'm sick to death of people talking completely baseless shit about EA? I fail to understand the logic there. As I said, the hate against EA started YEARS ago. Over poor working conditions and unpaid overtime while under previous (very poor) leadership. It had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that they are a "business that operates the way any business would". And, yes. They are indeed a business in the business of making money. And they don't sugar coat it. But you know what? I don't give a shit. And no one else should either. As long as they publish quality games, which they do, that's all anyone should be concerned with. Meaning they have no reason whatsoever to sugar coat it. Every single reason people bitch and whine about EA these days is because of DLC, Microtransactions, and other completely optional services. Absolutely nothing they do forcefully impacts gamers in a negative way. Yet all you ever hear are these idiots pissing and moaning about shit that doesn't affect them at all. it amounts to little more than a cave full of self-entitled little trolls that cry foul just because they think they have a reason or right to. And the whole "hating them because they're an Evil Empire" bullshit got old a looong time ago. They made serious changes. Listened to the vaild complaints about real problems. And turned themselves into one of the best publishers in the world. But now everyone just hates them because it's the cool thing to do. Take a look at the recent "report" that they had canned Dead Space. It was a completely unsubstansiated rumor started by a completely anonymous source with now credible or reliable proof to back it up. And before EA even had the opportunity to respond, the haters were using it as gospel of the evil that is EA. When the fact was, there was no fact. It was complete bullshit. Or how about their response to the resource farming in DS3? They announced that they had no intention of patching the game. They were fine with it as-is. But still, the haters came out in troves claiming that they just said that to "save face". That's the kind of completely ignorant, uniformed hate that I'm sick to death of. Because the fact is, in both situations, EA had done absolutely nothing wrong. On the contrary, they did the exact opposite. Which should have pleased everyone. But instead, the vocal minority of idiots still had to insist they were full of shit anyway.

It's completely ridiculous. I could have understood the mentality years ago. When there was good reason to seriously dislike the company. But these days? It's complete and utter nonsense.

So if that makes me a fanboy? Sure, I'm a fanboy. Or maybe I have enough of a grasp on reality to see a situation for what is really is.

You're a fanboy because all you've done this thread is defend EA like your life depends on it.

It's not complete and utter nonsense when they do crap like close servers for games that are barely 12 months old. And yes, that DOES impact gamers directly. And the balls up they made with SimCity. The fact you have be online to play a single player game, and when EA get bored of those servers they can shut them down and everyone who has spent good money buying that game will never be able to play it again. How is that ok?

I couldn't care less if they are the best company in the world to work for, fact is they have shown again and again that they barely care about you as a customer once they have your money. You're ok with that? Fine, that's your choice, I know I'm not though. Good customer service is something I value and will even pay more for. If I have a problem I like to know it will be dealt with rather than pushed aside and greeted with a "We don't care."

Picking out various games, talking about their quality, the DLC quality, stop it. It's pointless. It's ALL personal opinion. Just because you didn't like most the Borderlands DLC doesn't mean everyone else didn't. And just because you like the long list of EA published games doesn't mean everyone else does.

No, you really can't. Because you're actually the one talking out of your ass.

Never said they made Valve games, "bro". I said they publish Valve's releases. Which they do. Because they own Valve software. And in that particular case, they're smart enough as publishers not to force deadlines down Valve's throats. In fact, more often than not these days, EA is smart enough to usually take the "when it's ready" approach with release dates.

As far as borderlands DLC. Sure, the first borderlands had quality DLC. The exception being the underdome. Which was complete shit. Borderlands 2? Not so much. Pirate's booty was ho-hum at best. Torque's DLC? Fucking yawn. Hammerlock's was a slight improvement. But the general consensus is that they're really releasing the same crap with a slightly different paint job. Redundant fetch quests. With minimal variety between them all.

And no. I didn't just name "games I didn't like". Duke Nukem was finished by Gearbox. Sure, they didn't make the entire game. But they came in and finished what needed to be finished to get it out to retail. And for all the hype, it was trash. Albeit fun trash. But 10 year old trash nonetheless. Aliens? Don't even try to argue about that one. It was supposed to be the best Aliens game EVER made. Gearbox hyped the fuck out of that game. Instead it just gets lumped on to the same pile of shit that the rest of them sit on. Not to say it isn't enjoyable. But it's nowhere near the level that it should have been based on the kind of hype they were building behind it. And Brothers in Arms? I really liked it. But that doesn't change the fact that it was a huge disappointment. Especially when compared to the previous installments. It was a big step backwards for the franchise. Which has a lot to do with why there hasn't been one since. Probably why they tried to go a separate way with furious 4. Point is, Gearbox talks a great fucking line. Problem is, very rarely do they actually fucking deliver when it comes down to it.

I don't know about you. But I'd pick a developer that let's the product speak for itself. Especially when Gearbox talks waaay too much. Because again, for all of their talk, they haven't delivered on most of it.

They don't own valve software buddy, go get your facts straight. Newell said he would rather dismantle the company then have it bought. EA has been throwing offers at them because they need a new development team and new ideas for games seeing as kingdoms was a mass effect replica. EA pays to put their logo on games other companies make becayse they think it will bring them more attention, unfortunately it gets it, but only from dimwits like you. They have the right to publish valve games for console, they have nothing to do with production of the games, so you're giving EA credit where there is no credit due. I'd say that's a pretty fanboy thing to do. And what aliens game was better then Colonial Marines? Because AVP sure as hell wasn't. And as for redundancy, when is the last time EA made a sports game that wasn't just the previous version with new lineups and higher res shading layers?? 2009? EA SPORTS, ITS LAST YEARS GAME! But back to mirrors edge... What was the support for that? Time trial DLC... Wowwwww that's amazinggggggg!!!... You're clueless dude.... But I am getting one hell of a laugh out of this. Keep going PLZ

Uh just as a heads up, you all are ripping on Pumpkin for some of the things I said. Which isn't fair to him so chill the heck out.

And all my facts actually were correct. And the point all of you are missing is EA is primarily a Publisher. The only games they personally develop these days are Sports. And if you want to argue about sports games there's one thing you need to remember... They're ALL crap. They all just revamp themselves each year making minor advancements. Doesn't matter what company they are. Sports games are OK inherently limiting just based on what they are. But for instance Madden still remains the #1 sports title, so they're doing something right.

The point is though people are faulting EA when the Devs are at fault 90% of the time. EA does not push deadlines as heavily as other Publishers. EA didn't push the Microtransactions the Devs do it because it works and it's a smart business move. Plus for people that don't have the time they can use the micro transactions to boost if they want. Visceral said in interviews it was their decision not EAs.

As for Gearbox yes I know what they did for that fan, and it was amazing. No denying that. And though it was most likely out of the kindness of their hearts, it also got them a crap ton of publicity. It got them on National and International News for FREE. That aside when they got Duke Nukem by their own statements it was less then 50% of the way their. 3D Realms had only a Demo worth of material, about an hours worth of play. Aliens which was being Published by SEGA was actually given until Next holiday season, which is why people were surprised it got moved up. Gearbox had the Campaign mostly finished at E3 last year but said they were going to be using the extra time they had to really polish the Multiplayer because the Aliens franchise deserved it. But they pulled their team to work on Borderlands 2 instead. Not because of time restraints but because they decided that projections showed Borderlands 2 was going to do well but that Aliens wasn't going to turn a profit in the first year. Their last several Brothers in Arms games had major OK outsourcing that you can only see if you watch the credits. Because like I said Gearbox likes to take credit IF the game does well, but if it doesn't then they can save face. I used to love Gearbox, and still do. But I won't buy anything from them other then Borderlands anymore because they've obviously shown that's all they care about because it makes money. Something you all are faulting EA for doing.

So you're just as much a hypocrite.

You're a fanboy because all you've done this thread is defend EA like your life depends on it.

Please, by all means. Quote every single instance of me defending EA "like my life depends on it". Because I'm looking. And I don't see any of that shit going on.

It's not complete and utter nonsense when they do crap like close servers for games that are barely 12 months old. And yes, that DOES impact gamers directly.

Whoop-De-Do! They close down servers for terribly outdated sports games, launch titles, or the terrible games that no one was playing anyway. BIG DEAL! The only people complaining at that point are usually the achievement whores that haven't finished up the games yet. Games, in general, with no online community whatsoever. In fact, here's the list:

• 2006 FIFA World Cup for PC, PlayStation 2, PlayStation Portable, Xbox and Xbox 360

• 2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa for PC, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable, Xbox 360 and Wii

Army of Two for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360

Battlefield 2: Modern Combat for Xbox and Xbox 360

Burnout Revenge for PlayStation 2, Xbox and Xbox 360

Def Jam for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360

• EA Create for Mac, PC, PlayStation 3, Wii and Xbox 360

• EA SPORTS Active 2.0 for PlayStation 3, Wii and Xbox 360

• EA SPORTS Fantasy Football 09 for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3

• EA SPORTS Fight Night Round 2 for PlayStation 2 and Xbox

• EA SPORTS Fight Night Round 3 for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2, PlayStation Portable and Xbox

• EA SPORTS MMA (Live Broadcast Feature only) for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360

• Facebreaker for Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3

• FIFA Soccer 06 for PC, PlayStation 2, PlayStation Portable, Xbox and Xbox 360

• FIFA Soccer 07 for PC, PlayStation Portable, PlayStation 2, Xbox and Xbox 360

• FIFA Soccer 08 for PlayStation Portable, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii and PC

• FIFA Soccer 09 for PC, PlayStation Portable, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Wii

• FIFA Soccer 09 Ultimate Team for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360

• FIFA Soccer 10 for PC, PlayStation Portable, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Wii

• FIFA Soccer 10 Ultimate Team for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360

• FIFA Soccer 11 for PC, PS3, Wii and Xbox 360

• FIFA Soccer 11 Ultimate Team for PS3 and Xbox 360

• FIFA Street 3 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360

The Godfather The Game for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360

The Godfather II for PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360

Hasbro Family Game Night for PlayStation 3 (PSN) and Xbox 360 (XBLA)

The Lord of the Rings, The Battle for Middle-earth II for PC and Xbox 360

The Lord of the Rings, The Battle for Middle-earth II, The Rise of the Witch-king for PC and Xbox 360

The Lord of the Rings: Conquest for PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360

• MMA for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360

• Madden NFL 06 for PC, PlayStation 2, PlayStation Portable, Xbox and Xbox 360

• Madden NFL 07 for PC, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable, Xbox and Xbox 360

• Madden NFL 08 for PC, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable, Wii, Xbox and Xbox 360

• Madden NFL 09 for PlayStation Portable (all regions), PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Wii and Xbox

• Madden NFL 10 for PlayStation Portable (all regions), PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Wii

• Madden NFL 11 for PS3, Wii and Xbox 360

• Madden NFL 11 Ultimate Team for PS3 and Xbox 360

• NASCAR 07 for PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, Xbox and Xbox 360

• NASCAR 08 for PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360

• NASCAR 09 for PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360

• NBA JAM for PS3 & Xbox 360

• NBA LIVE 05 for PC, PlayStation 2 and Xbox

• NBA LIVE 06 for PC, PlayStation 2, PlayStation Portable, Xbox and Xbox 360

• NBA LIVE 07 for PC, PlayStation 2, PlayStation Portable, Xbox and Xbox 360

• NBA LIVE 08 for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC, PlayStation 2, PlayStation Portable and Wii

• NBA LIVE 09 for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Wii

• NBA LIVE 10 for PS3 & Xbox 360

• NBA Street (2007) for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360

• NCAA Basketball 08 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360

• NCAA Basketball 09 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360

• NCAA Basketball 10 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360

• NCAA Football 07 for Xbox 360, PlayStation 2, PlayStation Portable and Xbox

• NCAA Football 08 for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2 and Xbox

• NCAA Football 09 for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PlayStation 2

• NCAA Football 10 for PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360

• NCAA Football 11 for PS3 and Xbox 360

• NCAA March Madness 07 for PlayStation 2, Xbox and Xbox 360

Need for Speed Most Wanted for PC, PlayStation Portable, Xbox and Xbox 360

Need for Speed ProStreet for PC and PlayStation Portable, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360

• NFL Head Coach 09 for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PC, PlayStation 2 and Xbox

• NFL Tour for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360

• NHL 07 for PC, PlayStation 2, PlayStation Portable, Xbox and Xbox 360

• NHL 08 for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, PlayStation 2 and PC

• NHL 09 for PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC

• NHL 10 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360

• NHL 11 for PS3 and Xbox 360

• NHL 11 Ultimate Team for PS3 and Xbox 360

The Saboteur (loss of The Midnight Club access) for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360

The Simpsons Game for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360

The Sims 3 Pets for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360

SKATE for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360

Spare Parts for PlayStation 3 Xbox 360

• Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 06 for PC, PlayStation 2, Xbox and Xbox 360

• Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 07 for PC, PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable, Xbox and Xbox 360

• Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 08 for PC, PlayStation 2 PlayStation 3, PlayStation Portable and Xbox 360

• Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 09 for feature phones, PlayStation 3, Wii and Xbox 360

• Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 10 for PlayStation Portable, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Wii

• Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 11 for feature phones, PlayStation 3, Wii and Xbox 360

• UEFA Champions League 07 for PC and Xbox 360

• UEFA EURO 2008 for PC PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360

I've bolded everything that isn't a sports game. All of those games are either launch titles, or just poor quality games overall. It's also worth noting that you don't lose access to the single player aspect to any of these titles. Just the online portion. And honestly, judging by the games on this list, it's little to no loss at all. But if you wanna go ahead and continue to argue the point, feel free. But I'll just continue to believe you're grasping at straws.

And the balls up they made with SimCity. The fact you have be online to play a single player game, and when EA get bored of those servers they can shut them down and everyone who has spent good money buying that game will never be able to play it again. How is that ok?

dont even get me started on that SimCity fiasco. I don't want to make the kid cry.

The developer, Maxis, has come right out and said that they made the decision requiring an online connection. EA had absolutely nothing to do with it.

But you go ahead and try to "make this kid cry". In fact, do your worst. Because right now. If I'm crying, it's because I'm laughing so hard at your attempts to make me look like the idiot between the two of us.

I couldn't care less if they are the best company in the world to work for, fact is they have shown again and again that they barely care about you as a customer once they have your money. You're ok with that? Fine, that's your choice, I know I'm not though. Good customer service is something I value and will even pay more for. If I have a problem I like to know it will be dealt with rather than pushed aside and greeted with a "We don't care."

I completely disagree. I've had several experiences with EA customer service. All of them pleasant. All of them ending with me getting exactly what I wanted out of it. Which is usually DLC for games I've purchased used. Take Dead Space 2 as an example. I bought it new. Didn't feel like paying the extra $30-$40 for the Collector's Edition Unitologist Suit. So I called them up, claimed that I had, but the online code was for the standard edition. They emailed me a code no questions asked. Then there's Dragon Age and Mass Effect DLC. Both similar enough to the first story. So I won't bother telling it again. Point is, unless you've had a bad experience with EA customer service that you'd care to share. I'll go ahead and go with my own good experiences over your claims any day of the week.

Picking out various games, talking about their quality, the DLC quality, stop it. It's pointless. It's ALL personal opinion. Just because you didn't like most the Borderlands DLC doesn't mean everyone else didn't. And just because you like the long list of EA published games doesn't mean everyone else does.

Did I say I liked them all? Nope. Not once. I was just ringing off some examples of successful franchises (critically and commercially) they released during this console generation. It isn't personal opinion. It's fact. And I'm sure there are a few I've missed anyway. So you can go ahead and check the list yourself.

seeing as kingdoms was a mass effect replica.

This tells me just how completely ignorant you are. Calling Kingdoms of Amalur a Mass Effect Clone??? That is probably one of the most ridiculous claims I've ever seen made on this site.

EA pays to put their logo on games other companies make because they think it will bring them more attention, unfortunately it gets it, but only from dimwits like you.

I'll admit, I misspoke. EA entered an exclusive contract with Valve games for the distribution of their console releases. They don't own Valve games. But my point still stands. They publish them. But, seriously. Do you even know how a publishing contract works? Evidently not. Because Not one EA logo is seen anywhere, on any of Valve's games. EA fronts the money for production, distribution, and advertisement. That's it. It doesn't take a dimwit to figure something like that out.

And what aliens game was better then Colonial Marines? Because AVP sure as hell wasn't.

Sorry, kid. But the metacritic disagrees with you. Colonial Marines averages about 45 across all platforms. AVP averages about 65 across all platforms. I didn't care for either. But neither my opinion, nor the metacritic scores change the fact that fans and critics alike are slamming Colonial Marines the worst Alien game ever made.

And as for redundancy, when is the last time EA made a sports game that wasn't just the previous version with new lineups and higher res shading layers?? 2009? EA SPORTS, ITS LAST YEARS GAME!

We're not talking about EA sports. While it falls under the EA umbrella. It's a completely separate beast from EA. It develops, publishes, and operates independently of EA leadership.

But back to mirrors edge... What was the support for that? Time trial DLC... Wowwwww that's amazinggggggg!!!... You're clueless dude.... But I am getting one hell of a laugh out of this. Keep going PLZ

No, why don't you keep going. Just because you didn't care for Mirror's Edge doesn't mean it wasn't a great game that has gained a loyal following since it's release. Talk all the shit you want. But I'd bet a dime to a dollar that you're shit talking can't earn you the achievements in that Time Trial DLC. Which by the way, is one of the most competitive, challenging DLC offerings out there.

And as for talking big EA was supposed to be constantly updating the NFL blitz and NBA jam games. Instead they didn't do shit with blitz, and re-released nba jam as a new title with no new features

Again, we're not talking about EA sports here. But you go ahead and link proof of these claims. Or I'll just call bullshit.

And the point all of you are missing is EA is primarily a Publisher.

Not entirely accurate. Technically, any developer EA acquires becomes EA. Though EA allows them to keep their development house name for several reasons. Not the least of which is to keep names like Bioware, DICE, Visceral, etc. out there so that consumers can see them. Internally, however, a studio like Visceral is referred to as EA Santa Monica.

carry on.

P.S. Since we're on the Dead Space forums. It's worth noting that if it weren't for EA really getting behind the team at Visceral, Dead Space never would have seen the light of day. Don't believe me? Go watch the developer diaries from the first game. The explain just how supportive certain folks at EA were about talking a huge chance on a brand new, untested IP in the form of Dead Space.

Seriously. Go watch them, you uneducated savages. Then come back and tell me some more about how evil EA truly is.

Those last 3 posts are you defending EA like your life depends on it. Seriously, 3 walls of texts praising/defending EA and you're trying to say you're not a fanboy?

XD

Oh, and you conned EA out of content you didn't purchase or deserve, and you feel good about that? That's basically stealing.

I'm not going into my bad cust. service experiences with them because there have been so many, but time and time again they have shown me they couldn't give a crap once they have your money. They range from faulty games not being replaced to not replacing DLC codes/online passes when I have proof of purchase, game was purchased brand new etc.

And again, it's not their games I have problems with, it's not how they are as a company to work for, it's how they treat their customers. Is that so hard to grasp? I know very well EA are a big reason for Dead Space being here, that doesn't mean they treat their customers well though.

It most certainly is personal opinion if a game is good or not. Just because something is commercially successful does not mean it's FACT that everyone in the world will like it. The opposite is also true, just because something gets bad reviews everywhere doesn't mean it's FACT that it's a bad game. Think you need to look up the difference between fact and opinion.

You'll have to work out what all the above is in response to, I'm not trawling through those walls of texts to pick out parts to quote.

P.S. An 18-month old sports game is not "terribly outdated." And EA Sports is still EA (the clue is in the name)