Possibility of an Arkham Asylum 2?

Burter55

Okay this is just ridiculous. Everyone is arguing about which and what hand it was that grabbed the Titan box. Everyone has their own hand that grabs it! Mine was Scarecrows hand (with the orange fingers things) and my brothers was Banes. I even witnessed it with my own eyes. Just some clarification there..

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest scottyedge

i really havent been thinking about a new whole game until i saw the ending. what i though of were some cool dlc ideas. like the whole two face call over the radio would make for a perfect dlc where you had to stop his robbery or if a cruise or oiler ship just offshore of arkham was taken over by another villain or even the lighthouse having a deep dark secret underneath it. or maybe all the above and jump on the fallout 3 train with dlc. because with dlc they dont have to get totally technical and go with a more simplified and straight forward idea.

what do you guys think? if they were to release dlc type episodes...

They all make sense. Bane gets knocked in, and Killer Croc drags Scarecrow off and presumably has pretty easy access to the bay. I would say that since the Scarecrow ending is given for highest completion percentage, it is probably the most likely set-up for a potential sequal.

Edit: Killer Croc is not 100%. He is roughly 60%, I got him my first play through. When I went through again I got 100% and got Scarecrow, and from what other people have said he seems to come out at around 80% and up.

I got Scarecrow and I had 78%:)

In the 2nd game (if they make a second game), they should have the 'Two-Face' Bank robbery scenario as a prologue. The second game shouldn't be in Black gate because the sceneries are too similar. If they go GTA IV style and open up an entire city, they could mess up BADLY, if they do it right it will be a big improvement. Robin, just no. This game was lacking something... oh wait that's it BLACK MASK. Make the boss fights harder, the 'Joker' final fight was pathetically easy.

i really havent been thinking about a new whole game until i saw the ending. what i though of were some cool dlc ideas. like the whole two face call over the radio would make for a perfect dlc where you had to stop his robbery or if a cruise or oiler ship just offshore of arkham was taken over by another villain or even the lighthouse having a deep dark secret underneath it. or maybe all the above and jump on the fallout 3 train with dlc. because with dlc they dont have to get totally technical and go with a more simplified and straight forward idea.

what do you guys think? if they were to release dlc type episodes...

I was actually just thinking this today when I beat it again, haha. The Two-Face robbery could be a great idea of DLC. I'd buy any DLC put by the devs who made this game.

At the end, my arm that came out of the Water was Scarecrow. But I think they can make a part 2, but they will use all the other Characters

They Are still missing

Catwoman

Penguin

Two-Face

Clayface

Mr. Freeze

Raul

Who the hell is "Raul"?? :p

Ya mean Ra's Al Ghul? Well technically he is in the game...and he gets up and leaves. ;)

He's in the body freezer outside the Doctor's office and after the story's complete he's gone...he's probably a sure bet for a 2nd game.

Who the hell is "Raul"?? :p

Ya mean Ra's Al Ghul? Well technically he is in the game...and he gets up and leaves. ;)

He's in the body freezer outside the Doctor's office and after the story's complete he's gone.

Haha I noticed that also, how if you go back to the Morgue his body is no longer there.

Being able to play as additional characters would be nice to see in a sequel.

...or even in DLC. They could whip up some character skins to play as Robin III or Nightwing easily. If The Force Unleashed can grind out all those character skins/weapons/etc. for a DLC, B:AA can as well. I'd love to play through as Robin with his telescoping staff or Nightwing with his escrima stick things! :Bounce:

...they both use a form of batarangs anyway.

A sequel needs more of Batman's partners/wards regardless, imo.

The Bane ending would make more sense considering you knocked him into the Gotham Bay with the Batmobile.

You also knock Killer Croc in...and Killer Croc knocks Scare Crow in...so all of the arms would make sense...

As for another "arkahm asylum" this entire game is based on a fairly small map...if they made a Sand Box *which is the technical name for GTA style games...it would not be even close to the same...this game was over fast...and left a lot to be desired...but the stealth aspect was really cool...it would be hard to do a game like this on a large map...a lot would be lost in translation...

I cannot wait for any type of DLC, even bigger Predator Maps would suffice. However with a sequel they have so much to work with, new gadget, a bigger city and how about the incorperation of super heros from the DC Universe. I know it was Arkham Asylum but if the new game was set in Gotham you could have some Riddles that were about other heros.

I think a good idea in the second game was that Bruce was becoming less and less determined as the Batman and enjoying the "Playboy" life as Bruce Wayne. As a result there is a mass breakout at Arkham while he hosts a party. All the villians who escape lock the whole house down and take over, it's pretty similar to Arkham as it's set in a Mansion but they could add a bit more emotion to it if you get what I mean, like a deep story line than jst being the hero. I want an appearance of Alfred, he's a legend and shouldn't be left out. Lastly it would be an idea to maybe take a few story hints from Batman Forever, it's the best Batman film excluding the re-makes and the discovery of Robin is a great story. Also Two Face and The Riddler running crazyily all over Gotham would make another great story. I think they should still include The Joker, maybe he can sway towards the "Dark Knight" Joker, less make up, obviously a bit of Plastic Surgery to fix the face and some replacement teeth. :p He could be the villian who actually doesn't have anything to gain, be it through "Titan" or any form of money and that's why he normally ends at the top because he has nothing to lose and I think that would make a great character in the sequel and instead of a boss fight it ends out that you outsmart him.

All in all I loved this, the varied boss fights that were never twice the same, boring and easy some may say but I definitely enjoyed them. My favourite part was the Riddles the links to 28 characters or more was amazing and the finest details showed a wide perspective of the DC universe.

Well that's my opinion and ideas and as you could probably tell I loved this game.

The ending does give a possibility of a Arkham 2 but im not sure how good it would be as people have said there is alot of backtracking in this one, but if they did something to alter or change the island like (just an example) a freeze over from Mr. Freeze, where The Penguin would be more suitable for a boss, but like i said it was just an example their are so many 'super vilians' to choose from that could alter Arkham Island. If they did a 2 like that it would be cool (I think) for a co-op with Batman & Robin sorta thing.

Screw Robin! Batman and Nightwing would work much better for a more serious game. Robin has pretty much been made to appeal to kids these days in media outside comics. Nightwing, however, has not much been touched on, and would be the perfect partner to help Batman. Perhaps also include Huntress too.

Might also be interesting to have catwoman start off a villian, but perhaps aid batman later on.

As far as villians... I'd like to see Ivy again, as well as Croc in the sewers, Mr. Freeze, Two Face, Hush, Catwoman, Hugo Strange, Clayface, Ra's Al Ghul, and Prometheus for sure.

Setting. Gotham City. They could try and make it open world in the way Left 4 Dead was originally going to be.

Also, I think perhaps having some villian vs villian action going on may work. Example would be Mr. Freeze trying to deep freeze gotham city, and Ivy lending aid to Batman to protect the plants.