Call Me Fireman!

I tried and Failed, misserably, for this acievement. One thing discussed in the strat guide is switching between Skylanders in between minion and fire battles.

Does any know IF you have 2 Gill Grunts this will be acceptable? I know its a (primary profile) ony achievement but this would make it ifinitely easier...

I got it by respecing my Gill Grunt to focus on the hose instead of the Harpoon Gun. What I did was used the jetpack to play keep away whilst peppering them with light blasts from the hose.

When they come at you all at once, prioritize Sunburn as his constant teleportation is the most direct threat.

I found a spot on the platform where the boss fight is taking place where the rotating fire-balls cant hit you...

If you go all the way right on the platform, in the middle (Does this make sence) there's a little ekste room for you to stand

The boss fight it selv is easy if you use patience and a "Gill Grunt" with total upgraded firehose and jetpack.. hope this helps

• 4 weeks later...
For this achievement I have to use Gill Grunt only in the final battle (with the 3 of them) or also in the 3 individual battles that take place before?

You can switch to other Skylanders during the course of battle, but any form of damage done to the evil minions has to be from Gill Grunt's power hose. This applies to all waves, not just the final one.

• 1 month later...

I found a very simple way to get this trophy/achievement.

During the rounds against the minions I had my son serve as a shield. He would stay lined up between me and the enemy, with random skylanders, and take all of the damage while I blasted them from safety.

During the magic rounds he would drop out and I would switch to Terrafin and stay underground.

He lost 3 skylanders protecting me but this method made it a piece of cake.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Seems for me that i can't get this achievement by using the hose with the starfish bombs? is this true??

did get it without it, only using hose. Also using the rabbits ear hat, which gives defense, but more importantly speed, which is essential here

Edited by AmX3rt

• 1 month later...

Kashmyr7,

As the guide writer, include in your roadmap from the very beginning a suggestion to upgrade Gill Grunt's Hose, and not his harpoon for this specific achievement.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/1821/UP7fTiU=.jpgCall Me Fireman! 40

Beat Kaos' Evil minions in Lava Lakes Railway with only Gill Grunt's Power Hose. (primary profile)

This achievement is tough without the hose upgrades. I wish I had known this before I got to this achievement.

If there is a way to respec your Skylanders, other than resetting them, include that, too. I'd hate to have to reset my Gill Grunt to level 1, as he is level 10 with all upgrades purchased for the harpoon.

Again, it's your decision as the guide writer. This is my suggestion as someone playing through and following your guide. I think it will save a lot of headaches in the future.

With thanks,

E vee dub & and other gamers who follow our experience

-----------------------------------

UPDATE:

Finally ! I unlocked it.

After about a dozen attempts, I finally prevailed. It was not easy and it was annoying.

So by all means, upgrade the Power Hose from the beginning. Forget the harpoon.

SKYLANDERS: SPYRO'S ADVENTURES 1000/1000G, Apr 6th, 2012

Edited by E vee dub