Dentists

Tsaako

Got two wisdom teeth pulled out. They gave me anaesthetics through injections, and somehow - maybe because I was extremely tense - they didn't work and I felt clear as day that he was cutting around to get the tooth out.

My dentist is a blunt dickbag and him and me aren't on speaking terms so he figured if he wanted to keep doing his job with all 10 fingers, he had to do something about it. So I got another dose.

I started getting nervous when my previous dentist retired and I was stuck with this jerk, but after the wisdom thing I'm about ready for a trauma dentist.

I think all my "dental work" were bad experiences...

- When I was about 8 or something I was sedated with gas to get some teeth removed instead of giving me braces for some reason. I had a bad dream that the dentist stole my toy and when I came round I was in a right violent rage for the next 2 hours. Felt really stupid and embarrased afterwards after it wore off

- I was supposed to get my wisdom teeth removed with a local anasthetic injection (BAD idea, knew exactly what was going on) they only got 1 out then I got in a panic over the size of the pliers she was holding. So they didn't take the rest out that day like was planned...

- went back a few months later to get the rest out and had to be sedated. Spent half of the next 2 days unconsous and couldn't eat anything other than soup and slim fast shakes my mam had (had to stay at her house and be supervised for 48 hours) was starving and just wanted to sink my teeth into something meaty. But couldn't. That was torture in itself

Really hope I dont have to get any more out :eek:

Edited by runswithscissors

i love dentists. haven't went to one in 4 years but still, i love to get my teeth taken care of. besides, when your hygienist is duper hot and have big enough boobs that you can feel them press on your forehead, you don't complain and try to go back as much as you can :p

Wisdom teeth removed with local anesthetic, one trip for bottom and one for top. The option to put to sleep was on the table but my insurance only covered so much of it and I just thought I'd rather use that money towards something else and deal with a bit of pain. Wasn't as bad as I thought. Mostly psychological with the noises and a lot of pressure. Both times I didn't experience any pain until about the third or fourth day. Where I worked at the time had this awesome sick plan that I could take up to a week off work paid if had a doctors note like 5 times a year so I had the oral surgeon write me a note both times saying I couldn't work.

My dentist is hot and almost all her employees are hot so I don't mind going to the dentist anymore. Plus I have no sat in the waiting room for over 5 minutes before being taken back even when I got there early. My last two or three dentist had horrible wait times like 45 minutes and it used to piss me off so bad. She is also nice because my friend needed a tooth pulled and hadn't been to the dentist in years but didn't have insurance. I referred him to her just to get a price and she did it completely free for him.

Edited by sleepydumbdude

I guess I don't mind the dentist too much. I just have to go for a cleaning every six months and that's about it. I may have to get wisdom teeth pulled in a couple years though which I'm not looking forward to at all. Reading some of these stories make even more terrified over the whole thing T_T

I guess I don't mind the dentist too much. I just have to go for a cleaning every six months and that's about it. I may have to get wisdom teeth pulled in a couple years though which I'm not looking forward to at all. Reading some of these stories make even more terrified over the whole thing T_T

I've never had any problems at the dentist though it was more work during my braces but I still despise the dentist.

I've been going twice a year for my entire life for cleaning and any fillings for cavities, had braces once when I was in middle school, had my wisdom teeth removed one year ago, and had a root canal four months ago. The only bad experiences were my fillings at my first dentist who never gave me enough lidocaine. Other than that, dentists haven't been a poor experience for me.

Just 2 teeth removed for me and 1 filling. I could of saved the 2 teeth I had removed by having root canals but just opted to have them pulled seeing as they weren't my main chewing teeth and wasn't front teeth. I suffer from high and intense anxiety and I'm terrified (For no particular reason) of the dentist so going for me such a traumatizing ordeal.

I didn't look after my teeth particularly well through my teens and such I lost 2 teeth. Now I'm an absolute teeth freak and make sure my teeth are always in fine condition.

If you don't mind me asking, why do you despise them if you haven't had any problems?

I've never had any problems but I'm terrified of the dentist and despise going to the dentist. Dentists just have that stigmata (Is the right word) attached to them. I think its just one of them things that people can't explain.

I've never had any problems but I'm terrified of the dentist and despise going to the dentist. Dentists just have that stigmata (Is the right word) attached to them. I think its just one of them things that people can't explain.

I think that is the right word, but I see what you mean either way.

Same reason I don't like hospitals, the atmosphere. So not a massive reason, it's just not a place I like. :D

That's understandable; kind of sounds like me with the doctors/hospitals XD