Help for Stagecoach Robbery

MathGuy42

I'm almost done with the game. I'm just stuck on getting Gold on the Stagecoach Robbery. I'm wondering if there are any secret sources of points that I'm missing.

I do well on the portion before the stagecoach, always getting Perfect Time and Great-to-Perfect Balances, so I reach the Stagecoach with about 14-16K. I do the pig sneak perfectly for another 8K, so 22-24K before the dodging. I'm getting so tired of doing the first half of the level over and over again.

The dodging is where I need to improve. I end up with Nice Dodging (+2500) or rarely Great Dodging (+5000) at the end. The most I've had at the end of that sequence is a bit over 37K. Once the bombs are numerous, it's hard to see to dodge obstacles. I certainly hope Perfect Dodging isn't needed, since that seems impossible for me.

As far as I know, there's no way to earn anymore points after the suitcase dodging sequence. If there's something I'm missing as I grab the beans, I'd love to know.

I'm guessing that 40K is needed to Gold the level. I hope I'm missing something that can get me there. Thanks.

Edit: This PS3 video shows that you can get some +1K's for Perfect Leaps at the beginning. He also hits more objects than I do.

The guy ends up with 44,600 and still doesn't get Gold! Looking at money bag meter, apparently 45K is needed. At least he gets the 44,600 with only Nice Dodging. Great Dodging would have put him over the top.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNaug8CmlHc]Puss In Boots Walkthrough Level 5: The Stagecoach Robbery - YouTube[/ame]

Edit 2: Got it done! By watching RazTehWaz's PS3 video, I learned that you can earn 1000 for Perfect Leaps. I could not time these leaps. However, I found that if I started jumping up and down quickly, well before the leap, I would often get the Perfect Leap. I landed on the stagecoach with 20K, including the 10K for Perfect Time.

You should then get 8K for Perfect Rocking of the 3 pigs, plus Perfect Sneaking.

The dodging run is the hardest portion. You need to try to balance picking up coins with avoiding obstacles and bombs. Great Dodging will give you a 5K bonus, while Nice Dodging gives only 2.5K. Note that RazTehWaz's video gets Nice Dodging and 44.6K, so it should be possible to get to 45K with only Nice. I got Great on my successful run, but just squeaked by with 45,450.

Edited by MathGuy42

• 1 month later...

I never had a problem with rocking the pigs, so I'm not sure what's going wrong. I laced my fingers together so my arms were making a large loop. I then swung my arms back and forth in time to the music. So each swing took about as much time as Puss singing "Go to sleep." I'm guessing that's the issue; unlike the sneaking, you don't want to move as fast as you can.

BTW, the rocking meter only got to about 75%. I was never able to fill it, but still got Perfect Rocking.

I'd be curious to hear what the problem was once you figure it out. Good luck!

Edit: I see you got it in this thread. Congrats!

• 2 years later...