If they remake RE2... What features would you want?

Deus.EXE

If they remake RE2, obviously they're gonna change it around a bit similar to how different the Remake was to the original.

As for me...

1. 3 Step Program.

-Zombies turn to Crimson Heads... Crimson Heads turn into Regis Lickers, a weaker Licker variant, similar to normal RE2 Licker stats (easier to kill). It would explain why normal lickers are bigger and bulkier, since they have had more time to grow since they were transformed. Similar to REmake, a critical headshot at either beginning stage will prevent a Crimson Head/Regis Licker.

2. Give the "Default" Lickers a buff.

-RE2 had them simply fall from the ceiling and then crawl towards you, making them extremely easy to kill. Give them more health and have an upgraded AI system that will allow them to quickly crawl around on walls and ceilings, let them attack you from any angle up or down, and let them zig zag around making them harder to hit. When more than 1 Licker is involved, give them a pack mentality, where one might try to get behind you or attack from a ceiling while the other is harassing you with its tongue.

3. "Generator" System.

- Perhaps Marvin explains it to you, I dunno... but basically this- You can use Kerosene to either power up a main generator for X amount of time which will raise the shields on certain windows and reinforce doors, to prevent enemies from spawning inside (prevents zombies from following you into other rooms, and keeps them from coming in through windows). Or you can use the Kerosene to similarly burn the bodies of Zombies and Crimson Heads at the expense of not being able to use the Generator for long.

4. Marvin Branagh

-Similar to how they updated Richard Aiken in the original, make him have a more dynamic role. Instead of just laying there and eventually turning into a zombie, add an option to give him a few First Aid Sprays (or something) which in turn will have him help you with a boss later on, though he will still die.

So yea... that's what I would want. What about you? What would you want?

Edited by Deus.EXE

It might sound like a bit much and I wish they did this in RE1.. allow us to play the original ps1 version as a treat for say finishing real survivor or invisible enemy mode. Don't change anything about the game, graphics included.

I know this is probably not a feature as such, but it would be a pretty good extra!

I agree with mickxbox84 and deus.exe - good calls. I would want them to keep in all the features of the original release i.e. keep the Hunk and Tofu missions in there - remember how you had to play it through quite a few times with good rankings to unlock them? That would be a great way of tying in some tough achievements!

Come on Capcom - get on the case!

If they remake RE2, obviously they're gonna change it around a bit similar to how different the Remake was to the original.

As for me...

1. 3 Step Program.

-Zombies turn to Crimson Heads... Crimson Heads turn into Regis Lickers, a weaker Licker variant, similar to normal RE2 Licker stats (easier to kill). It would explain why normal lickers are bigger and bulkier, since they have had more time to grow since they were transformed. Similar to REmake, a critical headshot at either beginning stage will prevent a Crimson Head/Regis Licker.

Yeah I can go with that.

2. Give the "Default" Lickers a buff.

-RE2 had them simply fall from the ceiling and then crawl towards you, making them extremely easy to kill. Give them more health and have an upgraded AI system that will allow them to quickly crawl around on walls and ceilings, let them attack you from any angle up or down, and let them zig zag around making them harder to hit. When more than 1 Licker is involved, give them a pack mentality, where one might try to get behind you or attack from a ceiling while the other is harassing you with its tongue.

Naah thx, they were already annoying enough in RE:ORC. Leave 'em be. Just as in RE5, that's how I prefer them.

3. "Generator" System.

- Perhaps Marvin explains it to you, I dunno... but basically this- You can use Kerosene to either power up a main generator for X amount of time which will raise the shields on certain windows and reinforce doors, to prevent enemies from spawning inside (prevents zombies from following you into other rooms, and keeps them from coming in through windows). Or you can use the Kerosene to similarly burn the bodies of Zombies and Crimson Heads at the expense of not being able to use the Generator for long.

Interesting feature but gets kinda annoying for later playthroughs IMO. Seen it before in other RE parts.

4. Marvin Branagh

-Similar to how they updated Richard Aiken in the original, make him have a more dynamic role. Instead of just laying there and eventually turning into a zombie, add an option to give him a few First Aid Sprays (or something) which in turn will have him help you with a boss later on, though he will still die.

Good idea, same goes for the other NPC encounters.

So yea... that's what I would want. What about you? What would you want?

Other than that just no COOP, already disliked it in RE:ZERO! Also make Ada Wong's (playable) part a little bit longer and please don't change the upgraded shotgun sound.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just little thing really Resident evil on my Xbox one seemed pretty stale. No way near as fun and as entertaining as i remembered it!

So for resident evil 2 i want the gameplay to be more fluid. and a better break system. When an enemy grabs you if you didnt have a dagger or grenade then you were basically gonna get mashed.

regardless of how much you smashed your controller to break free.

In resi 2 i liked the way zombies would come at you in the flick scenes of opening doors!

• 2 weeks later...

just picked up the REmake and luuurve , different from resi 1 back in the day, never played hte GC part, think this felt a little more streamlined, but loving it all the same.... from what i hear res 0 is next then nemesis, though i think everyone recalls 2 as being their fav.....

what would i like added????

not a lot really, obviously visuals , new control system and updated gameplay are all a gimme, but apart from that the game was pretty good all around i used to love seeing how quick i could get through all 4 scenarios with an S rank, challenging myself to do better each night, that was before i even knew what a speed run was, was just something id do for fun.

but yeh i think if the game was updated visually and technically they dont need to tinker with much at all.

now dino crisis........... thats another story all together

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
A co op option would be nice for RE 2, they should combine 3 with it seeing how 3 was a sequel/prequel anyways,a fuller story,with the chaos like in ORC,plus,with the ability to help people and an option to play the original RE 1,2,& 3 with it's own achievement lists.

You do understand that the old school RE fans would probably want to squeeze your balls til they squish for sugesting that? One of the main feature the old school fans loved was/is the concept of being alone in a mysterious and spooky mansion/police station. The concept of SURVIVAL HORROR. Co-op just simply fuck everything about it. It was fun once ok, but seriously the whole having to put coop in every damn RE games now is really annoying. If they do it again in RE7 fine, but let the old school RE alone, minus maybe zero since the partner AI was part of the original game, so therefore for this one i don't mind, sure the human make the game less spooky and all, but i remember how that AI annoyed the crap out of me back then.

Anyway now to get back on RE2

1. 3 Step Program.

A big NO, crimson head is what always bothered me with the remake, i mean its a damn super good game in general, but it always annoyed me in the beginning of the game to do come and go to replenish the damn fuel can to burn all zombies... Its really a feature i always disliked. Thanks god the RE0 game didn't had it, cause i was already annoyed by the absence of chest and the AI partner.

Crimson head don't make the game harder, it just artificially boost the lengh and no... seriously just never liked them. Like i said its the only flaw for me in the REmake for an otherwise stellar game.

What i personally want for RE2 is the kind of job they did for the REmake, but obviously with even better graphics now since its 10+ years later. I think its very important to keep the old school feel, wich mean same camera style, same survival horror mechanics (no shoulder cam) . They can obviously had new areas and puzzle, twix up some stuff, but remain true to the original game and not make it a RE6 kinda game. Not that RE6 is horrible or anything, i actually had fun with it, i played it a lot, but since newer games are more or less always be like this, at least respect the old school ones and keep the old style.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

There is already plenty of content. The PS1 version was two discs with 4 different scenarios to fill in all the gaps.

I want them to keep the original dialogue. I played the demo to death on the PS1 and can still remember the classic lines.

"WHO ARE, WHAT ARE YA DOING HERE!"

"Don't shoot, I'm a human..."

or better yet...

"They risked their lives to reveal the truth...but no one...believed them".

• 10 months later...