Supposedly the hardest part in the campaign: "the corridor in level 3"

SiLV3R93

Hi guys, before I started playing the campaign I was reading up on the hardest levels and the corridor in level 3 came up a lot with some people saying it took 6 hours +...but I did it within 5 goes max and was wondering if anyone else found this mission quite straight forward...peace

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The most annoying part I had difficulty with was going down the hill in Vietnam. There was no in game indication that you needed to kick over the napalm barrels to get passed all the VC's pouring up the hill, so I was trying to fight the endless spawning badguys and dieing a lot. On Hardened, it sucked a lot.

The corridors were a little tough but after a few tries i got through it just fine. In the level SOG goin down the hill against infinite enemy respawns was super frustrating until i finally decided to look on youtube for some help. Once i realized i had to kick down the napalm barrels, i was able to do it on my first or second try. Apparently theres another pretty hard part on mission 13 that involves riding a tank or something like that, so we'll see...

i had a friend have the most trouble with that area(about 2 hours), but i did not. i just kept moving and shooting and had little trouble. i think the "hard" parts are luck of the draw.

anyone that spent 6+ hours there must have mental trouble.

and you just made another post asking how hard the game is? this would have come up in your other post if you had just asked. =/

The most annoying part I had difficulty with was going down the hill in Vietnam. There was no in game indication that you needed to kick over the napalm barrels to get passed all the VC's pouring up the hill, so I was trying to fight the endless spawning badguys and dieing a lot. On Hardened, it sucked a lot.

no indication? your kidding right, how many times did u spawn and die only to hear the line "whats in those barrels? napalm. good we can use that!"

and then when u get close to one hear "go mason do it now!" and if u ignored that "go mason kick the barrell!"

Is this the mission in the lab near the end, that has infinitely spawning enemies in the corridors? My brother has been stuck on that part for veteran for 3 hours. He still hasn't passed it yet.

He is miles better than me in skill, and even he has trouble. It must be hard. I might try it soon anyway once I pass the normal campaign. (Carried away with MP. I haven't even gotten past mission 4 since I keep wanting to play multiplayer or screw around in combat training.)

Hi guys, before I started playing the campaign I was reading up on the hardest levels and the corridor in level 3 came up a lot with some people saying it took 6 hours +...but I did it within 5 goes max and was wondering if anyone else found this mission quite straight forward...peace

Once you know what to do and where people are gona be its pretty easy

The bullshit nads and regodamdiculas accuracy is what kept killing me

And once you know where to throw the smoke it gets easier

Still dam hard at times took me at least 6 hours of on off gameplay

Thought it was gona be like no fighting in war room and take me like a month

Numbers pissed me off as well specially having to do it three fricking times on vet the level isent hard you just get shot from impossible places at times ..

no indication? your kidding right, how many times did u spawn and die only to hear the line "whats in those barrels? napalm. good we can use that!"

and then when u get close to one hear "go mason do it now!" and if u ignored that "go mason kick the barrell!"

I had trouble with this bit aswell before I actually tried to listen and still couldn't make out what they were saying. Got it pretty quick after I put the subtitles on though. A lot easier if you play with the subtitles because sometimes it is hard to make out what's being said just by listening.

It was bad but manageable due to the amount of cover around. Kill and advance. The hill was the worst IMO as I neither knew you were supposed to kick them over and NEVER heard woods say that you had to. I only found out by looking it up...

Not to mention going cover to cover was a bitch and a half because for every 5 i killed they respawned within seconds.

Yea that corridor had me beat too. Spent about an hour on it then decided to just do it on hardened before i smashed my TV lol. Got though first time on hardened then carried on the rest of the campaign on vet. On level 9 now (victor charlie) and so far no other parts have given me that much trouble. Once I finish I'll go back to doing that corridor on vet

I got stuck for about half an hour then threw my smoke in rage, realised it seemed to last for ages, rushed to the room on the right and cleared then out, easy from there.

This and the hill were by far the hardest parts on the game, the rest was easy, too easy really :/.

Actually no, I didn't hear any of that. I was going to the ammo dump they kept talking about. Then tried the other side where the mounted MG was. Finally after about a dozen tries I saw one of my own guys kick a barrel down. I didn't get any vocal indication until I was kicking over the second barrel before someone said I was doing it right. So pretty much right after I figured it out was when I was told to do it.

The corridors were a little tough but after a few tries i got through it just fine. In the level SOG goin down the hill against infinite enemy respawns was super frustrating until i finally decided to look on youtube for some help. Once i realized i had to kick down the napalm barrels, i was able to do it on my first or second try. Apparently theres another pretty hard part on mission 13 that involves riding a tank or something like that, so we'll see...

I also had trouble with the level SOG until I read the subtitles and they said something about napalm in the barrels. Then it wasnt that hard. NOW the tank part on level 13 is F#@$*&^ STUPID HARD. My brother in law always brings his HD over if he gets stuck in COD and I beat it for him. I already told him Im not doing that part for him because it pisses me off so bad.