Stealth or Slaughter

krinkles

I haven't gotten around to playing any Assassin's Creed games yet, now that there is five and the sixth as been announced. I think I should look into playing them. I am going to start with the first game so I can follow the story line and I already know that there are three protagonists in the series but I want to 100% each in turn and learn as I play.

On the slaughter or stealth question, I will probably take it slow and stealth. I like to play stealth in games that allows you and also your playing as an assassin so stealthy should be the way forward.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I was lucky enough to get the Assassin's Creed Anthology for Christmas from my partner. I am planing on starting it soon and will most likely be playing it stealth. I have played through Assassin's Creed 1 with my brother before and he rushed it and didn't do everything in each memory block. I will be taking my time and will be doing everything in each memory block while working on Templar's and flags as well.

Like most games I prefer to play in-character and refrain from killing anyone I don't need to (though most archers I come across end up eating one of my throwing knives).

I play just like you are saying but all as you said all archers must die. They are one of the most annoying parts of the game other then finding all the flags in each city and the kingdom.

I play just like you are saying but all as you said all archers must die. They are one of the most annoying parts of the game other then finding all the flags in each city and the kingdom.

No that would be the drunkards and the mental NPC's. I don't care if Altair didn't kill civillians...he should kill everyone of those bastards.

Most of the time i try to be as stealthy as possible.

The sad exception are drunkards and loonatics.

Everytime one of them comes to near, he gets a live demonstration of my hidden blade.

Afterwards I have to tell myself that its only a game and that I am not a murderous monster :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Learning how to take targets out stealthily is important to having an easy experience in this game. Or, at the least, a quick one. Besides... Ghosting an enemy is always satisfying.

Combat in this game is very fun, though. So I must digress a bit and admit that fighting your way through enemies is extremely fun. You'll need to have good combat skills by the end of the game, anyway, as stealth isn't always an option.

• 4 weeks later...