But how . When it won't load up

so I try clearing the catche and its still the same

however up in till about 5 days ago it was fine

I did lots of mp

also I tried other games in mp and they worked fine

I suppose I could delete the game and re download

btw

I have gold and no bans so what went wrong

I just started this game the other night. Before I shut it down for the night I went online to see what it was all about, No Problem. Try to join someone off your recent players list.??? Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Ok here goes

I got red dead redemption on games on demand

it works fine in single player but when I try multiplayer

its just remains on the loading screen forever

the game does not freeze because the image of the

gun loading is still moving

however if I check the recently met online part

on the dashboard it states other rdr players that I met

But how . When it won't load up

so I try clearing the catche and its still the same

however up in till about 5 days ago it was fine

I did lots of mp

also I tried other games in mp and they worked fine

I suppose I could delete the game and re download

btw

I have gold and no bans so what went wrong

I'm having this problem too mate. Not always but some of the time. Does it sometimes when I die and respawn too. My copy is on disc too so reinstalling probably wouldn't solve the issue.

I am having the absolute worst time with this as well.

I have never played Red Dead Redemption before. I bought the game of the year edition on 2/7/14.

I went and tried to play the Multiplayer online and it would not load. I would get stuck on the loading screen with the spinning revolver. I would have to go to the xbox home page to get out of it.

I returned the GotY edition and got a regular old copy of RDR. With nothing installed I was able to get online and was killed by another player.

I then downloaded the free Outlaws to the End pack and it would not connect after that. In fact my game would freeze entirely at the title screen when it started looking for installed DLC.

I then delete the DLC and try and load up MP from the title screen and I get stuck on the loading screen. I then load up a private match from the single player and I am able to get online. From the private match I switch to the public game and It switches ok.

I try and go to the outfitter and it goes back to being stuck on the loading screen.

There is definitely something wrong with this game. I hope it gets fixed, but considering it is a 4 year old game I doubt any attention will be paid for it. I guess all the MP achievements will not be for me.

The game has been hacked and R* have done nothing about it.

Last year this idiot named GLITCHEDMATRIX introduced to the Red Dead servers what he called The RDR Apocalyse mod. This mod throws all sorts of random glitches into the game because of the god powers it gives the person using it. Sometimes it'll get so bad that you can see players' dots on the minimap, but not in the game world, so you'll be killed by invisible enemies and your death will be the result of a fall. The game will lag pretty drastically to the point where it just jumps from frame to frame making it unplayable. And the list goes on...

GLITCHEDMATRIX's reasoning for introducing the mod in the first place was because he was upset that R* was not doing anything about the cheaters using the ISO mod (this is the mod that gives Single Player cheats in Multiplayer, you've likely met one or three of these clowns by now) which was ruining his experience, so he'd make the game unplayable for everyone. Seemed real proud of himself, too, in his YouTube comments until R* started threatening legal action and then his tune changed to "They're going to hire me to help them deal with the cheating." Needless to say, I remain dubious of everything this guy says.

Apparently this new glitch, the one the OP is describing, is an offshoot of the Apocalypse mod. Honestly, I'm not sure how it works and I haven't come across the situation in the last few weeks, but I've only played multiplayer a handful of times. I've heard of people finding no NPCs or just finding them stuck in the ground and most of the reports have been from MacFarlane's Ranch, but I haven't seen it myself.

The bottom line problem is, of course, that R* do not give a single fuck about Red Dead Redemption now that it is not a revenue stream for them. They probably have the attitude that we should feel grateful they're even running servers for it at all.

I wish R* loved this game as much as the rest of us.

http://www.xboxachievements.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=1335

Try the Red Dead forum, likely will get more help there.

Trust me, you won't.

Edited by Jack Frost

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

i took a break from red dead for about a yr and half because of the harassment i received from gamers who were allowed to get by with their actions, everything that was said and done is all a part of the violations of the code of conduct, and no one ever got banned or suspended for their actions, i mean what good does it do to have rules if no one will enforce them, if you can think of a way to try to stop these type of actions i have done them from filing complaints and submitting player reviews to actually calling xbox live support and speaking with a tear 2 supervisor, i also got a twitter account and tried contacting the higher ups, as well as at that time contacting stephen talouse which was the head program director for xbox live and there have been many more things i have done and people i have tried to contact to resolve this issue but to no avail, i finally realized that like michael jackson said...:THEY DONT CARE ABOUT US"...so after a year and 1/2 of not playing the game i decided to give it another try and i get back on and the sessions are all laggy, gamers arent appearing on the game, my horse would come to me etc etc so i find out that it was glitched matrix who did this and was directed to his you tube channel to watch his video of actually committing the crime and even after having solid evidence of this ...person...doing this they still havnt done anything about it, they come and fix whatever he has done and a few weeks later its back to the way it was, i heard that he has told people that his reasoning for doing this was because he was upset that rockstar hadnt did anything about the modders which is a big crock of monkey poop, when he was the one and only the one who brought the iso mods into that game in the first place and was showing everyone how to use the glitches in the game to become invisible and invincible, now its all starting all over again with the glitchers and the freezing of peoples xboxs there are many gamers who hang with him that he has taught how to get around the mod block that rockstar has put into affect, and he is also teaching them new glitches that involve having the explosive rifle in their weapon wheel at all times with unlimited ammo, so all i can say is if you want my advice... TO HELL WITH ROCKSTAR AND XBOX LIVE!!!:mad:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I've only just started the game recently and been trying to play the multiplayer, Is it broken or something?.......gotta wait a fair while until i even get into free roam & its another long wait when i try out the outfitter.

Yeah, the servers are pretty much screwed. You can get into Free Roam easier by loading up Single Player and entering Multiplayer through the Pause Menu. After that it depends on finding a session that hasn't been infected, private sessions are safest, but you don't get other players, obviously.

Occasionally it seems the servers will clear up and we can play for a little while before they get screwed again. You never know when Red Dead will work.

Scroll up a little for a post I wrote awhile back about how it happened...

Oh well....guess i'll be skipping the multiplayer achievements then, Unless by some miracle R* decides to fix the servers.

Whoa there, cowboy! :p

You can get quite a lot of those achievements in private sessions with just one other person. Sure there are a few that'll require more people and a public session, but you can still get most of them. Don't give up entirely...

Plus you can create boosting sessions here on the site and find other people who want the achievements, too.

And I doubt R* will ever truly address the servers since they are in full GTAV mode...

Whoa there, cowboy! :p

You can get quite a lot of those achievements in private sessions with just one other person. Sure there are a few that'll require more people and a public session, but you can still get most of them. Don't give up entirely...

Plus you can create boosting sessions here on the site and find other people who want the achievements, too.

hadn't thought about doing that....thanks.