Is this game good?

Red Bundy

I got the game for my birthday from my nephew since he knows I like scary horror-type games. The controls are a little hard to get used to, but the games isn't so horrible that it's unplayable. It has it's moments; you just have to get used to the controls.

A little advice: Strafing is your best friend, especially on hard and the way the camera works. When going around a corner, back up and strafe into it gun drawn to avoid nasty surprises.

I actually love this game. At first it might appear as a game that's "so bad, it's good", but that's not the case. Really give this game a chance and you'll discover that there's actually a really great game to be found in Deadly Premonition. The story grabs your interest and doesn't let go, the characters are all amazing, and you'll actually want to uncover the mystery of Greenvale.

I can admit, it's entirely possible to hate this game. But if you're a fan of horror games at all you owe it to yourself to give it a chance.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well when firing a gun you have to pull the right trigger , aim with the left stick and push the A button to fire. Sounds bad but like most people say once you get used to it it's not bad at all. I think the game is good and the story keeps you wanting to keep playing to find out what's going to happen and how it's going to end.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is my GOTY hands down. It is just incredible. The story is one thing, but the characters are just sublime, York in particular. The scope and ambition of the game is really quite startling, with all of the different story threads coming together so well. It is laugh out loud funny at points, and tender and sad at others. All the way through, the atmosphere is palpable and unique. The graphics are not the best, and the controls take some getting used to, but as an experience, this is hard to beat. Having said that, though, I can honestly say that I did really enjoy the action parts, and I am not quite sure why people flamed them so much.

Some people have put this into the "so bad it is good" category, but I feel that to be very unfair. The sheer amount of effort which has gone into this game is just incredible, and the quality of the game overall seems way too high to be an accident. Feels like one of those games which we only see once every five years or so. And... at 25 hours long, at a budget price, it is an absolute steal.