Wow! **SPOILERS**

Do any of you feel emotionally attached to this game and it's characters? For me the characters are brilliant and the story is a great rollercoaste ride. I'm just wondering if I'm the only one who feels this is a true experience while playing?

I might sound a right goon saying this stuff but I don't care. Every game I play is for the story and this might just be the best one (After Silent Hill games). I find it so immense and true to the TV series (not being about the zombie apocalypse but being about surviving, about character progression).

The last two episodes were great for me. I was so tense during them, from opening the barn doors to reveal what was inside to the very end. It's amazing.

Now I just can't wait for Episode 3.

I've been playing Mass Effect all night for a week and I put this on and couldn't put it down, it was amazing and for 400pts... opening was great, 1min in and already cutting off a leg then what happened to Mark I was actually shocked :o Bring on Ep 3!!!

Unfortunately I got attached to Mark right away anyway after learning that he had a ton of food he could have kept for himself but decided to share it with the group. I picked up on the clues about his fate but I was desperate for it not to be true. So refreshing to find myself emotionally involved with characters' fates, haha.

I'm also determined Lee's always going to protect Clementine. My gut reaction was to kill the St.John brother in the barn when you get the opportunity, but when I did that and Clem started crying I felt like such a monster, I quit and reloaded. Damn fictional child pulling at my heartstrings. :|

I really enjoyed this episode, I felt it was a lot more engaging than the first one. Hope this game keeps on going the way it's going! (Sort of hoping for a Daryl cameo too!)

I remember toward the end when one of the brothers -- I get their names confused -- was caught in the bear trap in the barn. The choice to either kill him or just stick the pitchfork in the hay. I initially hovered over the hay to let him leave, but I decided he needed to die.

But when Clementine saw me do it, I had a very visceral response to her shock and her giving me a wary look. It's why I didn't kill the other brother directly -- instead to leave him to his probable death by zombie -- I didn't want her to think I was a monster. I thought about reloading, but I decided to live with these choices and go back and play 1-5 a different way when they are all out.

I love the game for the moral choices it makes you do and the consequences of your actions playing over all the episodes. Now if they could only ratchet back the lag or the technical hiccups the games are having. The first one had a little bit of the lag, but the second one it was very noticeable.

Edited by Red Testament

Do any of you feel emotionally attached to this game and it's characters? For me the characters are brilliant and the story is a great rollercoaste ride. I'm just wondering if I'm the only one who feels this is a true experience while playing?

I might sound a right goon saying this stuff but I don't care. Every game I play is for the story and this might just be the best one (After Silent Hill games). I find it so immense and true to the TV series (not being about the zombie apocalypse but being about surviving, about character progression).

The last two episodes were great for me. I was so tense during them, from opening the barn doors to reveal what was inside to the very end. It's amazing.

Now I just can't wait for Episode 3.

Totally agree, Episode 2 was outstanding. I don't usually replay games too often - especially a game like this, but when I was done tonight I was ready to start all over. Episode 1 was good, but I'll be pleasantly surprised if they can top this one in the remaining three episodes. I thought the pacing was perfect and loved how it ended in the thunderstorm at night. This had all the elements of good suspense and horror. You're doing something right when a story to do with zombies, involves almost no zombies at all and achieves what they did in this episode with it's character development, which is what The Walking Dead is all about.

I was very impressed with Episode 2, the St. Johns family was something straight out of Robert Kirkman's mind. I was hoping to make Lee as timid as possible in my first play through but I ended up making most of the violent decisions anyway. So tempting.

I just got done playing Episode 2 about 10 minutes ago. Holy shit!! I knew something was up with that farm, but never anticipated that. I also felt a lil.. ehh.. after Clementine witnessed me killing one of the brothers, and then at the end she got even more upset at me for taking the food in the car. Oh well. Kid needs to grow up faster now in this world. lol

The only negative I felt w/ Episode 2 was the lag. It almost made me screw up at a couple QTE's. The story, however, was so much better than the first episode.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just done this episode. The CPR bit was... I was staring at the screen when it happened, trying to resuscitate him. It was quite a brutal episode but it was really good. Going around the fence and taking the walkers off the fence was good. It's one of those games you can't wait to get back on and loose yourself to their world.

• 3 months later...