MAJOR Rock Band 3 information?

Starstrukk X360A

Hold on to your hats folks… here’s the first look at in-game footage of Rock Band 3.

For the keyBOARD (not keytar, exactly), green, red, blue, yellow or orange keys flow on a “stream” representing the notes to be played on five corresponding keyboard keys. In a new authentic Pro mode meant to help players segue to actual instruments, all 25 keys are used; the streams shifts left and right to cover the correct keys. The keyboard also works as a MIDI keyboard that can be connected to a computer.

Setlist (out of 83 so far):

• Dio – Rainbow in the Dark
  • Huey Lewis and the News – The Power of Love
  • Ida Maria – Oh My God
  • Jane’s Addiction – Been Caught Stealing
  • Jimi Hendrix – Crosstown Traffic
  • Joan Jett – I Love Rock and Roll
  • Juanes – Me Enamora
  • Metric – Combat Baby
  • Night Ranger – Sister Christian
  • Ozzy Osbourne – Crazy Train
  • Phoenix – Lasso
  • Queen – Bohemian Rhapsody
  • Rilo Kiley – Portions of Foxes
  • Smash Mouth – Walkin’ on the Sun
  • Spacehog – In the Meantime
  • Stone Temple Pilots – Plush
  • The Cure – Just Like Heaven
  • The Doors – Break On Through
  • The Vines – Get Free
  • The White Stripes – The Hardest Button to Button
  • Them Crooked Vultures – Dead End Friends
  • Whitesnake – Here I Go Again

Video of Rock Band 3:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7xdnKOw_Yo]YouTube- Rock Band 3 - First Look[/ame]

Full article here:

http://rockbandaide.com/5615/rock-band-3-keyboard-images-songs-video/

Edited by Starstrukk X360A

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://rockbandaide.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/rockband3x-large.jpg

To be honest that keyboard terrifies me a bit. Looks like a whole new monster to master.

From the setlist so far I'm psyched about:

• Jane’s Addiction – Been Caught Stealing
  • Jimi Hendrix – Crosstown Traffic
  • Joan Jett – I Love Rock and Roll
  • Stone Temple Pilots – Plush
  • The Cure – Just Like Heaven
  • The White Stripes – The Hardest Button to Button
  • Them Crooked Vultures – Dead End Friends

Though I get the feeling that the setlist is packed with songs I'll recognize once I actually hear them.

Edited by SebastianSB

OMFG I just finished watching the video. I just kept smiling the whole time and my leg was kicking uncontrollably like a dog's tail. I'm not sure if I've ever been this genuinely excited about a game before.

Might as well put that here too:

(removed)

EDIT:

Scratch that, this video's actually the complete one:

http://www.360sync.com/2010/06/10/rock-band-3-sneak-peek-with-usa-today

- All previous DLC/instruments still work.

- Special guitar instruments for pro mode that's supposed to move toward real instruments.

- Guitar, Bass, Drums, three part harmonies, and keyboard all at the same time.

- Change difficulties etc mid-song.

---

Just recognized an old favorite Tony Hawk track in there. I guess that's the Doors track? Love that one.

Edited by SebastianSB

Some fantastic songs announced so far...these ones specifically I'm just itching to play:

• Metric – Combat Baby
  • Phoenix – Lasso

The keyboard sounds pretty odd...I think I'll probably stay away from it like like I did with Rock Band's drumkit and stick to the real instrument instead. Still, these are some pretty epic details. I'm pretty stoked for the rest of the setlist. Is it true that there will be something like 112 songs on-disc?

Edited by Iconoclast

I think I am probably the only one around here that didn't get psyched then? It's nice to see some more doors in these games and break on through is such a brilliant song to have. Glad the vines are in with that song because for some reason I love that and Ride, both brilliant songs.

As far as it goes for everything, very meh. Just seems to be all focused on the keyboard which is what I was about. It looks nice, bu it seems apart from that there is no real innovation apart from it. Well, they say the guitar is more real on Expert pro, but if you can still use your standard controller how real could it be? So it is still a buy for me, but I am not that hyped about.

All I can say is, the "woof woof woof" part of Been Caught Stealing better be part of the vocal requirements. Cause I will play that over and over just to make Sharon sing it. It will probably take 4 or 5 play throughs just to get to the point where I can stop laughing enough to play my own instrument.

I don't recognize some of the songs announced, but the ones I do know are pretty solid additions. I'm a big fan of The Cure, so Just Like Heaven is a great addition for me, but I'm pretty hyped about a lot of them.

I'm actually looking forward to the keyboard. It's something new to learn.

There's going to be an "Expert Pro" difficulty?? How come I'm not hearing of this until now...is this true?

Yes this is true. There's going to be realistic guitar instruments etc, too.

I don't think Stufin is right though about being able to use a regular guitar, though. I'm pretty sure Pro mode will require the new peripheral, kind of like Expert+ is meant to be used with two pedals.

The video in the OP is incomplete, by the way. Use this one:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7xdnKOw_Yo&feature=player_embedded]YouTube- Rock Band 3 - First Look[/ame]

Out of those 22 songs announced so far, I only recognized 7 :( Then I saw the video and was very happy :) RB3 is lookin really good. Can't wait to see more info at E3!!!

I also traded in my Wii Fit board yesterday($42.40 credit at gamestop) so I'm going to hold onto that and reserve the keyboard and RB3! And when I get home after I bought it, I'm gonna play Bohemian Rhapsody. Sing it while playing keyboard. Can't wait!!!!!

I think I am probably the only one around here that didn't get psyched then?

As far as it goes for everything, very meh. Just seems to be all focused on the keyboard which is what I was about. It looks nice, bu it seems apart from that there is no real innovation apart from it. Well, they say the guitar is more real on Expert pro, but if you can still use your standard controller how real could it be? So it is still a buy for me, but I am not that hyped about.

Same here... looked at the few songs showed and only liked about 4 of them

Yes this is true. There's going to be realistic guitar instruments etc, too.

I don't think Stufin is right though about being able to use a regular guitar, though. I'm pretty sure Pro mode will require the new peripheral, kind of like Expert+ is meant to be used with two pedals.

So in order to be able to play Expert Pro we'll need to buy into the new instruments? I'm mainly just concerned about the guitar since that's what I usually play (that and vocals, but I doubt the mic will be changing).

Buying into the new instruments doesn't bother me, too much. My guitars are shot so if I have to buy a new axe and a keyboard I may as well upgrade to all new Expert Pro instruments. I'm not crazy about more plastic instruments, but I have to buy everything but the drums anyway. With the new cymbal functionality charted in for drums, I may as well see what they do with a bundle.

Man, all this is reeking havoc with any plans for the RB3 Song of the Week I was starting to brainstorm. I'll wait until after E3 to get a better idea if it's even going to be possible to do it this time. If anybody who is familiar with what I did for RB1/2 SotWs has any ideas hit me up with a PM here or on Facebook.

Edited by TwistedFate

So in order to be able to play Expert Pro we'll need to buy into the new instruments? I'm mainly just concerned about the guitar since that's what I usually play (that and vocals, but I doubt the mic will be changing).

There's a real six string guitar you can plug in and play, as well as a guitar that has strings to strum, but the frets are all buttons.

They're referring to the RB as we know it now as "arcade" and the new realistic gameplay as "pro."

Wow, wow, wow!

I can only agree with Sebastian SB, I don't think I've ever been this excited for a game!

Very solid first batch of tracks, and I think they're going to have some absolute facemelters in store for the next updates!

Unfortunately, this rules out the full album DLC for Them Crooked Vultures, I was really hoping to get it before RB3. Who knows, maybe they'll give it to us sometime after the release.

Can't wait for E3, there'll surely be more in-game footage and information!

Unfortunately, this rules out the full album DLC for Them Crooked Vultures, I was really hoping to get it before RB3. Who knows, maybe they'll give it to us sometime after the release.

Why? We've gotten plenty full album DLC's in the past both before and after the release of a game.

We got the Spinal Tap album and Short and Sweet was missing, which was in LEGO Rock Band later on, and we're missing a Pantera track for what may be the same reason.

Why? We've gotten plenty full album DLC's in the past both before and after the release of a game.

We got the Spinal Tap album and Short and Sweet was missing, which was in LEGO Rock Band later on, and we're missing a Pantera track for what may be the same reason.

Whoops, my bad, what I meant to say was:

It rules out the possibility of getting it BEFORE RB3 :)

There's a real six string guitar you can plug in and play, as well as a guitar that has strings to strum, but the frets are all buttons.
Oh...this sounds disappointingly weak; if I want to play a guitar with strings, I'll jam on my Takamine. Give me my cheesy, unrealistic plastic guitar just the way I like it please.

Oh...this sounds disappointingly weak; if I want to play a guitar with strings, I'll jam on my Takamine. Give me my cheesy, unrealistic plastic guitar just the way I like it please.

They say in the video and article (paraphrasing) that the "pro" mode and instruments are meant to transition players towards playing real instruments. While some people may already know how to play instruments, I can prety confidently say that the vast majority do not, and this is a great move on HMX's part.

Because screenshots are cool.

http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/9070/side.jpg

http://rockbandaide.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/RB3.jpg

Your cheesy, unrealistic plastic guitar isn't going anywhere. Pro is just another feature.

Edited by SebastianSB