What do you think about the 2nd episode?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've posted my opinion on it in a few other threads, but I'll say it again.

I think this is really horrible. The basic gameplay is OK and the gameplay in this was more interesting and involved than the first episode. However, the expressions of the characters and the voice acting is extremely melodramatic and I absolutely hate it. The writing is really bad too. All the dialogue feels like it was written by a 10 year old. Not just that, but the way some people act doesn't make any sense to me. No one acts like a real person, they all have one set emotion that never changes. People aren't like that in real life.

Now I know everyone loves it for some reason so I expect some disagreement, but can anyone actually play this with a serious face and not laugh at it? It's similar to a B movie.

Out of 10 I would grade it a 3. I was so bored and I felt like an idiot listening to these people talk. Also the constant lagging doesn't help.

[spoiler=1]You have 4 food items and 10 people to feed. The 2 packages of crackers have 4 crackers each in them, but either 2 people each get 4 or no one gets any. There is half an apple. Only one person is allowed to eat from it. You have a piece of jerky but it cannot be broken apart, one person must eat the whole thing. If you give food to Kenny's family, he will like you. If you give food to Lily and her dad, she will like you. NO FUCKING SHIT CARLEY.

Edited by Spock

@ Spock. If that's how you feel about this game than I'd warn you to stay far, far away from Two Worlds & Two Worlds II lol.

I've played Two Worlds II and I somewhat enjoyed it. It's the same with Dragon's Dogma and I love that game. The difference between those and The Walking Dead, is that this game relies on story telling. That's what the game is. The others have fun gameplay to make up for it.

No lags here! And the voiceacting? Well im from Germany so ive heard real shitty voiceacting! Sure its not perfect! And neither are the graphics or face expressions but i think they do the job! I mean come on its a game you pay 400msp for! And i played a lot AAA-titles with a much more worse plot

I absolutely loved this Episode! It was great story-telling as spoken by Spock.

Here are a few things that stuck out for me:

I knew from the start that the St. John Brothers were a little off. They seemed to "friendly", especialy when food and supplies are scares.

When Danny kills (if you chose not to kill her) the lady by the tent, I knew she was related to Clem because of the hat being in the tent, but I never thought it was her mother.

I didn't back Kenny in the meat locker, as he uses the lick salt to crush his head in after his heart attack. That was just a WTF moment...

When we find out that the St. Jonh's cut off Mark's legs for dinner, the only thing I could think of is the movie The Road. Even when the Episode's title was revealed, I thought of cannibalism. When food does run out, people - desperate people - will resort to cannibalism.

The only thing I found annoying was the standoff with Brenda on the stairs. I kept walking forward, but I had no clue on what to do, so I just kept tapping :dup: after being killed by Brenda 3 times.And the freezing and voice lag was also a nuisance, but I rolled with it...

Overall, the Episode is top-notch. Wow...

Edited by Redemption Mode

No lags here! And the voiceacting? Well im from Germany so ive heard real shitty voiceacting! Sure its not perfect! And neither are the graphics or face expressions but i think they do the job! I mean come on its a game you pay 400msp for! And i played a lot AAA-titles with a much more worse plot

A game that is basically an interactive comic that relies on a good story isn't worth even 400MSP with poor dialogue.

Loved it, personally I didnt trust those brothers at all, especially the one who shoots the woman, he was just creepy, and the whole family just seemed too cheerful.

as of for the voice acting and stuff, its not top notch but one it was 400M$P, and its supposed to be like an interactive comic and comics don't really have true to life characters.

The lag wasnt to bad ofr me as it only seemed to happen during scene transition.

I loved it, these games are a great little break from me and playing everything else that's a grind etc etc. I loved the first one but the second was just, wow, really wasn't expecting what happened to be fair. The family at the farm seemed to be 'normal' to a degree but once I opened that barn door I could tell which direction was going to be taken.

Creative to say the least, the third episode looks as though it's going to have a couple of thrills along the way!

The lag was a slight issue but I still had fun going through it! :)

it was ok, not as good as 1 for me.

first off it was too damn predictable, anybody who didn't know that family was nuts is clearly a bit slow, and anybody who didn't think they were cannibals hasn't seen enough movies.

2nd Kenny was a dick, i didn't like him much in 1 after the way he took off when i tried helping Shawn, but even still this time around he didn't stop bitching.

3rd who the hell is Mark, in a series so built on story and character you'd think they'd you know let us meet the character in a story......having finished it was obvious he was just thrown in to be a red shirt.

4th i was getting a lot of odd lag and skips, figured it was me but reading others it obviously wasn't

5th the story seemed off at times, like how the fence magiccly kicks on just as you step outside of it with mark, and how the bandits instantaly pop up when you're there all the while yelling "we're not going anywhere" only to magically vanish seconds later when Kenny and the gang just walk through the front gate of the farm....how they didn't notice the hail of arrows flying at you guys is 1 thing, but how the bandits never thought to use the front gate is another . also thought it was poorly written that he finds you breaking down the door of his secret slaughterhouse then you disappear right before dinner and no red flag is raised by Leatherface Junior till you actually have your soylent green moment....

The last two episodes were so intense and emotional that I actually felt like I was Lee. The whole thing with the two brothers, the meatlocker, Brenda on the stairs... I knew the zombie would've got her.

But seriously, wow, fuck the gameplay, I play for the story and it didn't disappoint me at all. I can't wait for episode 3 now. Also, who took the food at the end? Who didn't?

What happens if you don't?

When Danny kills (if you chose not to kill her) the lady by the tent, I knew she was related to Clem because of the hat being in the tent, but I never thought it was her mother.

No no no! She's not her mother. Just some crazy woman who lost her own girl I guess and wants to replace her with Clem. The name of Clem's mother is Diana.

I enjoyed this episode its just what happened to Mark really pissed me off he takes an arrow to the shoulder and ends up as dinner, thats all kinds of messed up

Oooh so tempting to make a "I took an arrow to the shoulder and then I got my legs chopped off" Skyrim joke there.

But yeah the second episode was laggy as hell however I can only presume that it's because TellTale was wanting to ensure the decisions you had made in Ep1 carried on through the story being told in Ep2 which, in my eyes, is fair enough.

I was impressed with the story that Ep2 told. Was suspicious of the brothers to begin with however with the dialgoue options that I was given, I couldn't get Lee to project that suspision which was annoying since it seems obvious something isn't right with them. As mentioned before by Mr Yac - a few things didn't quite add up with the bandits especially although i just merely shrugged them off.

Again, same as the first ep, really enjoying the slower take on a zombie game and more concentration on the decisions that you have to make throughout the story. Really looking forward to the third episode (whenever that may be)

The Walking Dead is very character driven, which I find to my liking. A few things that irked me in this episode were the issues with lag and overlapping sound. Some points in the plot were stiff, too. As someone mentioned above, what's up with Kenny and everyone else just strolling in on the farm after Mark gets wounded by one of the bandits just a few seconds before? And everyone just strolls in the main gate, why didn't the bandits do that when attacking? A little slip up in the plot there. Other than that, the episode was fine, and more thrilling to play than the first. Hopefully we'll see better quality in the future episodes.

I think its much better than the first! Way more exciting!

I think it was another great episode of The Walking Dead to play, not worst not better.

The only problem was the lag. The other thing I don't like is the more choices you take the more people will be affected but I guess that's what Telltale Games had in mind. Also they could have put a release date in the next episode trailer.

All in all I had fun playing it and since I'm a fan of TWD show I also enjoyed it.

One more WTF moment from me, they're dairy farmers, lived and worked there forever yet they needed a vet to tell them their cow was hours away from giving birth and didn't just have "some kind of sickness".

When I heard that I thought for sure it would be revealed they were lying about who they were and killed the real owners....but nope

I've played Two Worlds II and I somewhat enjoyed it. It's the same with Dragon's Dogma and I love that game. The difference between those and The Walking Dead, is that this game relies on story telling. That's what the game is. The others have fun gameplay to make up for it.

You're going to complain about a Telltale Game because of its gameplay? I would assume you've never played a Telltale Game before if that's the case because if you've played a recent game by them, like Back to the Future or Jurassic Park, you would already know that there isn't much to the gameplay.

In the end, I enjoyed Episode 2 and I cannot wait to see how the story plays out in Episodes 3-5.