Time travel help?

ShadowDante58

Yeah, this time traveling thing is confusing the shit out of me. I honestly have no idea how to work it, and I need to be able to for these achievements.

Can anybody give me a good rough idea of what to do?

Time traveling can be one of the most annoying aspects of Sonic CD. On some of the earlier stages it’s quite difficult to find places to keep your momentum because you either end up ruining into a wall or getting hit by an enemy before you finally shift through time.

The thing about time traveling is you must keep up your speed momentum for around 3 full seconds. Easiest way to do this is find 2 springs adjacent to one another and hit them back and forth. Sonic will develop a flashing light around him indicating that he is in momentum to travel through time, now you just have to hold it for 3 seconds. Hitting springs that spring Sonic upward help too but try to hit enemies while air-born to keep your momentum longer. Personally I found that there are more spring setups in later stages than in earlier ones. In fact some of the very later stages purposely have adjacent springs for time traveling.

You can also always try running forward and hope you hold it for 3 seconds without any obstacles getting in your way. You want to search each stage and find the best place for this because sometimes you may have to back track for the best spots. Anyplace with springs or a long plain will do.

There is also a website that gives you maps for good time travel spots for every stage, I will provide you with it here.

http://www.soniczone0.com/games/soniccd/palmtreepanic/

Just click on the stage you need help time traveling with and there will be some links to maps you can download that will show you everything you may need.

Edited by FeLizP