Mission Mode Guide

FeLizP

If you time Gief's Power Bomb right you can go through mission 17 really easy. Wait until the opponent approaches you and then grab him (anything that knock him down is good). Now put up the power bomb motion and charge it! Release the button at the moment the opponent is getting up, rinse and repeat. It worked with all 4 grapplers. In the Marduk fight you can even charge until Super. If you keep a safe distance from him he usually uses that armor move of his and get grabbed by Gief's super.

Mission 17 and 19 are impossible to beat and I nearly gave up on it. Hugo is A nightmare. I can barely get pass him. When I do beat him, I have nearly 5% of my health and then lose instantly. Mission 19, Ogre can be A pushover sometimes, but when he isn't, he counters nearly every attack. Akuma is the devil himself >_> Spamming the infinite meter) Makes everything so difficult. I've got some skill but I guess I don't have any luck to beat it ._.

Edited by Retrokiid90

• 2 weeks later...

Zangief and Rolento make all these missions easy, there are a select couple of missions where you need someone else, like the Pandora one for example, but 99% of these missions can be obtained with no fuss using Zang and Rolly.

Mission 17 is very easy - Just do the 360 + HK every single time they are about to stand up, the guide says this does not work, but it does, trust me, I got a perfect on King - Hugo - Marduk and then Zangief hit me a few times, but it was easy.

Mission 19 was the hardest for me as Akuma would not play nice. Ogre can be dealt with easy using Zangief 360 + HK on wake up. I perfect him all the time, but Akuma is very random. For Akuma Lariat spam until Zang has about 1/4 health, then pull him out for Rolento, and spam D,DF,F + HP X3 D HK. Use Super Art as soon as you can, many say save till his heal gem is beaten off, but we need that gem off him asap so S.Art that bitch asap.

Only 3 moves you need for mission mode are:

Zangief = Lariat Spam (All 3 Punches) - 360" + HK (Charge HK dependant on enemy and distance)

Rolento = D,DF,F + HP, D,DF,F + HP, D,DF,F + HP, D HK (Add Super Art at the end if have bars)

Edited by Evo Kazz

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm ready to throw my 360! I've gotten everything else done but mission 17, which I've been at for ages. None of the suggested strategies get me anywhere. It makes no sense. I by no means am a great player, but I'm not this bad! Geeze... This thing is killing me. There's going to be months between this achievement and all others. Assuming I even CAN get this one.

LMFAO!!! Not one hour after posting the above bitchfest... I got it done! Used Zangief and Kazyua. Lariats for a perfect on King. Backed up and faked out Hugo into a jump and hit him with a combo into a lariat. Then followed up with charged supers for an amazingly surprising perfect. Similar strategy for Marduc. Then used the same on Zangeif until health was low, switched to Kazyua and unleashed the fury. I'm so stoked right now! Thanks for the tips folks!!!!

• 7 months later...

I just finished all the missions and #19 took me four and a half hours in my last session before I finally got it. So I'll share my methods for what it's worth.

Mission #17 - I chose Zangief like many other folks and gave him gems that boosted damage for hitting a certain number of special moves and recover health after being hit by the opponent's special moves. Hugo was a bit of a problem, as you can't get him into the Powerbomb repeat or Lariat spam either. You have to exercise a little patience and use the Lariat or Powerbomb when he whiffs or you block an unsafe move. Same for Marduk. I was able to get Zangief in the Powerbomb loop fairly easily.

Mission #19 - I chose Bryan and Zangief in that order. As soon as the match against Ogre starts, tag in Zangief and use the Powerbomb loop on him. He's really no trouble. Now when the match against Akuma begins, Akuma will through a fireball 95% of the time. So activate Bryan's Super Art immediately for some good damage right away. Then use Bryan's Flying Knee special move repeatedly, as it goes through Akuma's fireballs. Be patient, and try to punish Akuma when he throws a fireball, jump back when he uses his Super Art and punish with Flying Knee. It may take awhile to get the spacing right for the move. After Akuma uses his heal gem, you should have built up enough meter to use another of Bryan's Super Art. Like I said earlier, I spent four and a half hours on this but I beat Akuma within 20 minutes of putting Bryan first and Zangief second. I came very close a number of times trying to Lariat Akuma to death, but I found Bryan to work better for me.

Edited by Midersaw

• 2 weeks later...

Hehe, this is the second time I've used this guide, First was for the x360 version now I'm back for the PC version.

Just a few more tips for Mission 17:

I used Zangief/Hugo.

Attack power gem + Attack power Gem + Harmonize.

My gems activate when:

I land a certain number of special attacks (3 I believe)

The other attack gem + harmonize pop when I get hit by 2 special attacks I believe.

King - Lariat for victory.

Hugo - Actually quite simple. If he does the running grab lariat him. If he does a combo, block and then lariat for the punish.

When you lariat him jump backwards and buffer the 360 and when you land press A. Charge up your grab to max and dunk Hugo again. Rinse and repeat. If Hugo gets way too close then let go of the A button and dunk him. Keep in mind your Charge "A" grab has 1 level of armour, so you can sponge 1 attack before being interrupted.

Mardok - Same, just get him away from you then proceed to do the same technique of charging your Ultimate move. Normally Mardok will be like 10 steps away may randomly clothesline the air for some unknown reason. But yea he goes down quick.

Zangief - As stated, just stay out of piledriver range and spam your lariat, when he gets up lariat OUT OF THE RANGE OF HIS PILEDRIVER. Zangief will then banishing flat into your lariat.

Obviously your Zangief might get hit a lot, if so switch to Hugo. When playing as Hugo use his moonsault piledriver move on the enemy. After Hugo recovers immediately jump forward to your opponents crumpled body and buffer the 360 and tap X as you hit the floor. You should grab the opponent just as they get up and dunk them back down. Rinse and repeat.

• 3 weeks later...

Great tutorial bro, it helps those who want ta beginning and end to get the achievement fast, I found these missions very difficult for those who just started the game (especially for those who ta starting at fighting games, I think SFxT should be a little more friendly to beginners in this genre, which he is not even a little, at least I-think-), finally wonderful tutorial so far not managed to pass the part that has to only use special moves: x hehehe tense, more now I think I can, I'll try, thanks for the tutorial

Guys I have found out the best method for Trial 17:

Pick Zangief and Balrog, give em Stamina and Defensive Gems(because youll getting hit and the damage reduce is nice)

Against King you only have to Double Lariat him, if he is on the ground, press down back till he stands up. Use again Double Lariat and repeat this, you can easy do a perfect this way.

Hugo is the most difficult one from this 4 guys. You have hit him on the ground with zangief using your double lariat, than charging your ultra and release if you are yellow. Sometimes you will getting hit but this souldnt be a problem.

Against Marduk you can do it like the same way. Hit him with double lariat till hes on the ground than charge your ultra, you can easy charge your ultra and hit him with this.

Use Balrog against zangief. You only getting hitted once if you do it like that:

Do a straight dash punch against him than instantly do a neutral jump. He will try to grab you but you are in the air. Use your HP in the air than the hard punch on the ground. He will do a spinning piledriver, you can block it than instantly counter with a straight dash punch. Neutral jump and the two HPs. You can repeat this till he is dead.

Hope this will help you.

• 3 months later...

I tried to teleport as Akuma and Raven but it didn't work for me. I beat it in a few tries by playing as Vega. I would jump over Guile's sonic booms and work my way back towards the wall. When I reached the wall, I would go off the wall (flying Barcelona attack) to get to the other side of Guile, making sure to get wide clearance so he wouldn't hit me with a flash kick. Then I would jump the sonic booms, work my way back, go off the wall, and repeat. The reason it worked so well is that Guile almost never tagged to Law or activated cross assault when I used this technique.

• 3 weeks later...