Kinect Fun Labs: Updated MONTHLY

Blarghinator

“We’re adding new gadgets every single month. It’s a curated destination, rather than a free-for-all App Store sort of thing,” she said. “We want to make sure that every gadget really focuses on a new capability for Kinect, and it’s fun to play, and it gives people the chance to express themselves creatively.”
- Kinect 123

http://123kinect.com/kinect-labs-monthly-updates-developers/23675/

So this means we should be expecting new gadgets every month. Hopefully some of them will be free :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I wasn't expecting another one but now we have this "I Am Super!" and sure enough, it's free.

Now that's weird...Gadgets 1-4 were free, 5 was (is?) free and then Sparkler and Musical Feet started to cost money. I'm not sure if the later ones ever cost money at any point but I know I picked up everything but Sparkler when it was free at some point. Not sure if the things that I got for free are still free...

Also a quick note, though not a Fun Labs App, people should pick up Voice Studio as it is a free 50G as well and is located under the Social Apps tab on the dashboard.

Another note: For some reason I've only ever needed the Kinect Fun Labs application itself for Gadgets 1-4 back when I originally completed them. All subsequent releases I've just played as standard arcade games without even needing that 700MB+ silly thing.

• 2 months later...
I wasn't expecting another one but now we have this "I Am Super!" and sure enough, it's free.

Now that's weird...Gadgets 1-4 were free, 5 was (is?) free and then Sparkler and Musical Feet started to cost money. I'm not sure if the later ones ever cost money at any point but I know I picked up everything but Sparkler when it was free at some point. Not sure if the things that I got for free are still free...

Also a quick note, though not a Fun Labs App, people should pick up Voice Studio as it is a free 50G as well and is located under the Social Apps tab on the dashboard.

Another note: For some reason I've only ever needed the Kinect Fun Labs application itself for Gadgets 1-4 back when I originally completed them. All subsequent releases I've just played as standard arcade games without even needing that 700MB+ silly thing.

Will be getting Voice Studio. Thanks.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey Punisher incase you havn't noticed, Musical Feet is now free. It sucks for me though because out of all the Fun Labs I've completed Musical Feet is the only one that doesn't work for my small room size so I'll save that for the move coming up.

But yeah man it's free now!

Also, for me, all the Kinect Fun Lab Gadgets appear Under the application except one..... Mars Rover Landing. It's typical of Microsoft for not putting this with the rest of the gadgets (Inside the App). One thing I've noticed along time ago is that Microsoft is absolutely horrible at organizing things correctly and it shows. Sometimes they don't even get the title of the game correct in the Marketplace! That new Kinect Arcade game called "Discovered" is under "I" for "Intel Discovered". Not only that, I couldn't even find Kinect Fun Labs anymore! Thank god for me pinning it!

Edited by Delow317

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...