Achievement Dicussion

FroZeNSouL

Now the list is out thought id have a look and see what everyone thinks.

//BLACKNET Hacker 40

Completed all //BLACKNET dossiers.

Could this be the new "Chalenges"?? because i was VERY supprised to see there wasnt an achievement for them.

The only reason on Prototype 1 i did normal playthrough first, then new game + and the HARD was because of the chalenges.

I realised after i did this and got all the collectables and all other achievements that i did half of them again on HARD to make that easier.

So obviously it would have been better to do them on HARD anyway.

Heres a few that could be more chalenging starting on hard posibly

Up to No Good 30

Defeated all Field Ops teams.

Who Watches the Watchers? 20

Consumed 10 //BLACKNET targets.

Two for the Price of One 20

Simultaneously killed 2 Brawlers using a single Devastator.

Cannonball! 10

20 or more kills with a single Hammerfist dive attack.

You're the Bomb 10

10 or more kills using a single Bio-Bomb

• 3 weeks later...

As far as I know from the info out so far the //Blacknet Dossier's are the side missions in this game. The challenges are now something completely seperate called Radnet Challenges I believe. With their own leaderboards etc.

As for the other ones, IF this follows P1 it's unlikely we will be able to start on Hard, the kill ones should be fairly easy, remember how many infected you would have bunched on one street in P1? For cannon ball it should be easy enough to just scale a tall building next to an infected street charge jump and drop the hamme down on emr. The bio-bomb one could be difficult, with it being a new power I am not sure how it works, but if you just have to inject any old infected it shoudn't be that hard.

The consume 10 //Blacknet targets seems like it would be similar to the Web of Intrigue from the first game, those weren't too hard, unless these targets are now equipped with some sort of infection detector like the Super Soldiers.

Not sure what Field Ops teams are yet but that could prove tricky depending on how they are made up, if they have tanks and super soldiers etc. Same with Brawlers, hard to say on that one it depends what they are on par with from P1 if we are talking Supreme Hunter tough it could be a a challange on Hard.

Overall it looks like another fun list imo.

• 4 weeks later...

I was watching a livestream earlier in the day and saw these achievements unlock within 40 minutes of play.

I will put in spoilers, as I don't want to ruin it for anyone who does not want to know.

[spoiler=12]

It's an Epidemic

I Want Some More

Religious Experience

This is a Knife

Just a Flesh Wound

They all seem to be from the main part of the game, so it's not like you have to go out of your way to unlock 'em.

I don't know how Prototype played, but when you consume a body, you can check to see if other guards are watching. If they are, it won't let you consume, but you can melee attack if you have to.

Game is released on Tuesday (worldwide, according to EB Games and GameStop), and I think I will be buying it. I may even go ahead and purchase Prototype and play them both, pending on whether I can finish a game or two over the weekend.

You can play on Hard from the beginning you just can't play on Insane from the start

Yeah, I saw that Insane was locked, so it is obvious that your first playthrough will unlock it, though not sure on whether you have to complete it on Hard for it to unlock or difficulty does not matter.

The stream I was watching, I would say the person was playing on Normal/Medium. It looked easy, but when getting shot at, he was losing a fair bit of health.

Yeah, I saw that Insane was locked, so it is obvious that your first playthrough will unlock it, though not sure on whether you have to complete it on Hard for it to unlock or difficulty does not matter.

The stream I was watching, I would say the person was playing on Normal/Medium. It looked easy, but when getting shot at, he was losing a fair bit of health.

Hard isn't really hard as I've been doing fine so very do-able

Hard isn't really hard as I've been doing fine so very do-able

Yeah, this game is actually really easy. Once you get the shields and learn to parry attacks, it's incredibly simple.

As for achievements, I just got 1000 and you only need 1.5 playthroughs to get it (I believe). Your first playthrough is on hard and then your second (New Game+) is on easy/medium in order to clean up the rest of the upgrades you need and to max out Heller. One should easily get 900/1000 at the end of the first playthrough and only have to get the 46 consumes and Max out Heller achievements in the NG+

What's the max GS you can get from an easy/normal first playthrough? Was going to do an easy playthrough first to knock off challenges etc then NG+ on hard?

You can get 900 on you first easy playthrough. Then you just new game plus on hard and get the last consume based upgrade, only do the main missions and you should be able to have the whole 1k in a few hrs. A total time of 10-15 hrs tops.