[HARD] Having trouble with a Bloodtox Pump mission

Lohk

I'm on the mission "Forcing Greene out into the open", where you protect the Bloodtox pump from the hunter waves.

I'm having an issue with the last wave, 2 Supreme Hunters + 2 Hydras.

I can't seem to kill the Supreme Hunters fast enough and they damage the Bloodtox pump far too quickly.

Any recommendations? I've tried all the devastators in succession, whipfist to distract the hunters to me instead of being on the bloodtox pump; with the latter strategy I found myself getting hit my the other hunter while trying to distract a supreme hunter.

Thank you for the replays.

And yes, I am talking about the *DEFEND* the Bloodtox pump, not go around the city and destroy them mission.

So basically, critical pain devastator + tank. I'll give it a whirl and see if I can make it work.

hey i had some trouble on this mission as well...finally beat it.....this is what i did: at the beginning of the mission 6 tanks spawn around you.....take one and use it for the first wave exept for the last enemy....get out of that tank and put it 2 the side but make sure its in site...grab a new one and finish off that one enemy. For the next wave do the exact same thing so after the wave is over you should have 3 total tanks (2 to the side and the 1 you are in). The main focal point in doing this is so you have a tank when you get to the 2 Leader hunter 2 hydra checkpoint because once you get there in a tank, you can just reload your checkpoint and the tank will have full health. Once i got here i focused my fire on the 2 leader hunters running my tank in a donut shaped motion around the hydras. Make sure you use both firing modes with the tanks to slow them down since they are very powerful. Once you defeat them, the hydras are a breeze.

Hope that helps

I just finished hard mode yesterday and did this mission. I think I got pretty lucky, but on that wave I was able to pull off 3 Tendril Barrage Devastators in a row and that killed both of them right then as soon as they showed up. It worked because they are stunned for a second after each devastator attack which allows time for the next one to build up. Then it's just a matter of taking care of the hydras, which I killed by just spamming Y with the whipfist. It takes a while but it works.

I did this mission with the advice above: use a tank.

The Hunter Leaders don't do a whole lot of damage to the tanks but the tanks do a considerable amount of damage to those hunters. After my tank blew up, I chained 4 devastators and beat the mission. By far the hardest mission on Hard for me.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I just kept getting their attention, I didn't use any vehicles.

If you keep attacking them, they will focus on you and not the pump. Use your devastators when needed.

For the fight after it, where you actually fight her/it, you need to constantly be on the move and don't get greedy when she's down and you are attacking her. Get amazing with your consumes with all the infected down the side streets and lead groups of hunters to the roofs so you can make them fight you on your terms. Don't forget, everyone is attacking you including the military so be aware of your surroundings. I was doing the don't die thing on Hard... so I played it smart yet aggressive. Your fight with her can last for a while, I'm talking record-breaking time and when she does her "power move" you need to be out of sight, which she seemed to do after I attacked her when she was vulnerable.

I know you didn't ask about that part, but just in case someone comes looking here and passes that part only to move on to a much longer fight with no checkpoints or no checkpoints of significance.. it's been a while for me but I was doing it without dying so I didn't pay that close attention to checkpoints. And I did. My strategy worked good. I used the blade and the devastator with all of the tentacles that come out of you (helped with all of the surrounding hunters and other enemies attacking you then you are open to lay into her with your blade for a bit and then you get out of sight, rinse and repeat after you take out her tentacles. Or you could just use the devastator on the tentacles and then when the health is really low on them, get your devastators back by consuming some nearby infected, and just use your blade on her, save your devastators to get out of a bad situation if you stay too long hitting her.

There's a tank right by the pump as soon as the mission begins, and the tank is your best bet for wiping out every wave....

HARD playthrough though, chances are your tank will be destroyed before or on the last wave and the leaders will keep destroying the pump. Only way to win then is to distract the leaders from the pump by jump kicking (or whip fisting) them and running away. Once you hit them, they'll start chasing you around trying to hit you back for a few seconds before going back to the pump. While running around, try grabbing and consuming infected so you can use devestator attacks. The best attack is the X+B one while in the air, it does tons of damage to the leaders and they can't hit you once you get it off. I'd also reccomend the jumping Y blade attack: does nice damage, but you'll almost always get hit during the retardedly long pause you make after you do it.

also don't worry about the hydras, they don't damage the pump and you can take your time with them.

Edited by Fried Cola

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You probably already have it by now, but I had lost my Tank for the final wave. You can also jack the helicopter that brings in the reinforcements if you are quick enough.

In case you don't have a tank or helicopter, consume soldiers till your bar is full, and (providing you have the upgrades) wait till the the 2 Supreme Hunters start attacking the pump, and hit them with three consecutive Tendril Barrage Devastators. This will leave them with about a third of their health. I then used boosted Muscle Mass to throw the trucks that are in the area at them and they went down in no time. Dropped Missile launchers or Grenade launchers are an option if you don't have the Muscle Mass upgrade yet.

Don't even bother with the Hydras until they are both dead, then you can either spam machine guns at them (takes a while), or play catch with what they throw at you and hit them back with a charged throw (much quicker)

personal favorite hard made ez strategy for this mission

get into the tank in the alley (the one that shoots big ass rockets) kill hunters till 1st checkpoint. Make sure to stay in tank all this time. It has to say checkpoint on your screen! As long as at the time of checkpoint you were in a good tank the vehicle will be save with you. Press start to go to menu and select quit then restart from checkpoint.

What that does is it restores tank to full ammo and hp. Just keep doing that till they all dead. If tank is about to get killed reload.

rinse repeat add salt to your liking

• 3 years later...