isnt the GOLDEN GUN universally known as a 1-shot 1-kill weapon

eiVaL

im pretty sure James Bond made this clear about 50 years ago, it was the title of the F'NING MOVIE and they later cemented it in the video game era with not just a run of the mil game, but a widely regarded greatest game of all time candidate, Goldeneye.

allow me to stop wasting my time picking up any more in this game since i now realize its nothing more than cosmetic skins:mad:

Are you really so dense as to think that once you make every single weapon in the game a golden gun, any of them are a one shot kill?

Do you really think that would be balanced for single player?

Golden guns do 10% more damage and have a larger magazine, be happy with that.

I didn't realise Max Payne was Goldeneye sorry, also didn't think COD was Goldeneye, or Gears of War, or 100 other games that have golden guns.

gears has weapon skins in the multiplayer only, they werent collectables spread out across the campaign that make you think they're actually worth something in the campaign.

dont remember any golden guns in the COD campaigns either, nice try tho

Extra bullets in each magazine plus a damage bonus. That's not doing anything?

I didn't know that it did that. Also guys, you can add a gold skin for multiplayer in the loadoats and weapon attachments menus. You need to have got all the parts for that gun though.

gears has weapon skins in the multiplayer only, they werent collectables spread out across the campaign that make you think they're actually worth something in the campaign.

dont remember any golden guns in the COD campaigns either, nice try tho

When did the campaign ever make you think the gold guns were special? I'm pretty sure that's your own imagination acting up.

When did the campaign ever make you think the gold guns were special? I'm pretty sure that's your own imagination acting up.

because you collect and unlock for use in the campiagn

and im holding a golden shotty that still only has 7 rounds, just like every other shotty thats not golden, so the extra ammo is b.s. and it still cant kill anyone with 1 shot up close which is ridiculous,even in their legs which arent covered by a flak-jacket.....they just flinch =\

Did this paticular 'thought' you had really warrant it's own thread? You couldn't have added this as an afterthought to one of the 35 other gold gun threads that exist on the first two pages?

Every time a new game comes out, at least 100 people break out into 'Icantseecurrentthread-itis'.

I only ever see you comment in a thread to be an ass the the OP.

I only ever see you comment in a thread to be an ass the the OP.

No, those are the just the comments your selective memory chooses to remember. Everybody has their pet peeves. Mine is people constantly starting threads out of sheer narcissism because posting in any of the existing threads wouldn't make their question stand out enough.

Every time a new game comes out, we get a flood of people that rush in and post every thought that comes to their mind without bothering to check if there are existing threads on the subject. Not to mention how many people seem to ignore the fact that there is an achievement guide, a bitching thread, an achievement discussion thread and an achievement trading thread.

Yeah, sorry, but it annoys me when the front page is filled with repeat topics and you have to search back a few pages just to find a topic that is fresh. I have answered countless questions on this site and have helped hundreds of people get achievements here in the 4 years I have been here. So excuse me if I take exception to someone telling me that all I am known for is giving people shit. It is more like: I give people that DESERVE IT, shit.

If my memory serves me right, I seem to recall answering quite a few of your questions as well over the past 2 years, so you really have some nerve calling me out. Or perhaps you just have an issue with me because of my comment to you yesterday when you started your own 'confirmation thread' for the NYCM hardcore achievement, even though it had already been confirmed to you about 12 times by that point in 5 other threads.

Edited by ColdSpider72

It would be nice if these golden guns actually did something. As cool as they look, it would be nice if you could use golden guns in MP.

Extra damage and larger magazines in campaign (I believe shotguns are the only ones that don't get a boost. Check any pistol, SMG, assault rifle, or LMG though). Once you have all three parts to a gun you can equip the gold finish to your guns in multiplayer through the attachments menu. It is purely cosmetic in multiplayer though.

Edited by Mr. Gore

because you collect and unlock for use in the campiagn

and im holding a golden shotty that still only has 7 rounds, just like every other shotty thats not golden, so the extra ammo is b.s. and it still cant kill anyone with 1 shot up close which is ridiculous,even in their legs which arent covered by a flak-jacket.....they just flinch =\

This is not James Bond, the golden gun in James Bond is one hit kill. These are golden versions of the weapons in the game, I don't know what the bonuses are but you can use them in both Singleplayer and Multiplayer, so that is reason enough to try to unlock them all.

It would be cool if "The Golden Gun" from James Bond was in this. Cool, but it would make no sense, and it would be weird.

Also, the Golden Gun holds one bullet, and takes ages to load, so better not miss.

I don't know if the Gold skins do more damage, I've read that they do, but when your shooting people in the head, they usually die pretty fast anyway.

They def hold more bullets though, the 1911 holds 8 standard and 12 with gold, noticed this in the grave yard, coz I don't like the gold effect much, and was going to turn it off.

All that being said, I don't see why the perceived minimum amount of usefulness the OP feels for these guns would stop anyone from collecting them. They are this games collectable item, and there is an achievement for that as well.

Usually in games, collectables net you the achievement and nothing else, so really, the fact they provide any benefit is a plus.

Dave