Best Advice Ever!

razzleson

Alright, this game has had me pulling my hair out since I got it. The difficulty gap of the AI is mind boggling. The normal mobs of bad guys are standard difficult, then bam, you get a boss and it's like fighting General Ramm on Insane with a blindfold and broken thumbs.

But I was browsing the web and came upon this strategy and it's seriously a God send. It's helped SO much.

Stance 3 is your vertical stance, so go there for more speed+power, for the sake of this example this can be done even on level 1 with no unlocks.

Y+Y+A+X= instant grapple.

Now for the boss or anything really, X+Back and you will toss them behind you leaving their back exposed leave them alone for a moment if they don't roll so you don't do the instant kill move, and you can Y+Y+A, rinse repeat, the boss cannot turn around and it is a instant KO.

Once you flip them behind you it's a bit hard to line it up, but if you line it up properly when you turn around for the Y+Y+A the boss is pretty much done for.

• 4 months later...

Sorry for the bump, but I just got this game, and am finding it really REALLY frustrating. Also, I don't really get the advice. The guy quoted is terrible at writing advice.

Y+Y+A+X sometimes works. Other times, I'll just stop in mid combo (from A) without grabbing, or my grab motion will slide along the enemies chest and they get a shot at me. When it DOES work, and I send them behind me, Y+Y+A doesn't do anything. I either end up just doing the normal combo, with the abrupt stop in the middle (again due to the A), or do a small little flick with the sword. I've hit guys in the back for massive damage before, but never for a One-Hit K.O. Is there some other trick to doing these combos or what? I'm on the 3rd stance and still nothing. These combos don't work like they should for me. I've tried doing the combo slowly, and putting it in quickly, and moderately, but it's just not going.

If anyone can help, that'd be amazing, because I can't take this anymore. Again, sorry for the bump.

All I did and it works 95% of the time is go up to the boss, mash X as fast as you can then a direction and sooner or later the boss will be shoved away, prime for a slash in the back! Repeat a couple of times and jabs a good 'un, some of the later bosses are just as easy to slash away like normal and you can beat them, the last boss is probably the easyiest (on stage 8?) !!!

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...