200 Metal Slug XX!!!!

Skull Kid

oh my god! I'm so glad to finally get this! I've been playing non-stop all day getting so close to the end only to die. But it's finally over!

To be brutally honest though, I think this one was easier than Metal Slug 3. Overall, it's a lot easier no doubt, but completing without continue, I would say Metal Slug XX is still easier, for many reasons.

First of all, beginner on this compared to easy on MS3 makes the game A LOT easier! You get unlimited heavy machine gun and bosses die in no time.

Second, picking Ralf is absolutely vital. His ammo capacity sucks, but he can get hit once before he will die, unless he falls in a pit or gets crushed, etc.

Third, beating the game once enables level select, which saves time if you're stuck at a later level and want to practice that particular level.

Fourth, auto-fire helps a lot as well. It's useful when you don't have to keep tapping the button.

Hope that little bit of info helps people out. If I can ever get a chance to record a walkthrough of the game, I'll post one.

• 4 weeks later...
Mental! I didn't know Ralph could take two hits!! I've always played as Marco!!

Do all of the characters have different abilities then??

Yes they do! It turns out that not only can Ralph survive a fatal hit once, he can also perform one of his KoF moves as well as use his knife faster than the others. Clark can do his KoF move to throw enemies a la Gunstar Heroes style, Fio starts with the Heavy Machine gun on all difficulties. Tarma's attacks are stronger and you have double the ammount of Metal Slug cannon shells. Eri has double the ammount of Grenades and gets double the ammount from stockpiles. Finally, Marco's handgun firepower is double that of the other characters.

• 2 weeks later...

I got the Metal Slug XX master achievement after a week or so when the game came out.

Well i gota say that it was the hardest achievement i have ever gotten i mean its just insane!

I first tried with Ralph but i soon gave up on him, he has so low ammo on weapons and the second life you get with him in every level is not realy worth it..

Then i tried with Fio and realized that she has the best weapon firepower also has much more ammo in the weapons and almost unlimited laser gun and her MG is also the best.

After many tries i finaly got it with Fio, she is the best choice if you ask me bosses go down much easier with her.

One tip always save up a super granade weapon for the boss that weapon will be you savior especially for the final boss..

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Does anyone know if this can be done in co-op? I don't have any friends with this game. I'm all for helping someone with this if ya want to try it co-op. I'm thinking one person can go gung-ho while the other ( the one trying to get the achievement ) can be more cautious in their actions...

• 2 years later...
Does anyone know if this can be done in co-op? I don't have any friends with this game. I'm all for helping someone with this if ya want to try it co-op. I'm thinking one person can go gung-ho while the other ( the one trying to get the achievement ) can be more cautious in their actions...

It cant be gotten in co-op, im pretty sure. I was trying to help someone get it and they didnt die in 2 different runs and didnt get the achievement. However, I DID die. Maybe if both players do not die it may unlock??

I did this with Fio as well, the DLC character. She is easily the best. Ralf is the worst character apart from his "extralife" but when I was playing him and practicing, I realized all my deaths would come from falling, or getting crushed etc not from basic bullets nearly as often. So he was useless to me. I thought this achievement was actually fairly doable, not that difficult at all, especially as you can do it on Beginner. MS3 was 10x harder as theres no level select and overall is just way harder and more hardcore.