How many times have you died and how?

xxgardengnomexx

Lost Marcus, my total beast of a survivor, to a feral whilst trying to rescue Ed. Got ripped in half whilst low on health. Rage dash'd but to no avail. Marcus is dead. Ah well im thinking about starting again cause I know how to play now. Also lost maya to infection

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of people seem to have had a problem getting killed by ferals, I haven't ever found them a problem. It's the big bastards that mess me up. Went on a Z hunt as Maya in an orchard, hunting a Big 'un of course. I emptied an entire magazine into it's head and it still didn't fall. It then proceeded to pick up my hunting partner, slam her into the ground 3 or 4 times and toss her lifeless corpse to the side. It then charged at Maya (controlled by me), picked her up and simply ripped her in half.

I now normally tell my hunting partner to 'leave this one' when it's a Big 'un hunt lol.

A few other survivors have died when not in my control too, the worst being Marcus getting killed by the pastor after he contracted black fever. Took him and another survivor out, bad times.

Oh a few. Restarted after the first time..

1) Had Maya go do the doc/Wilkersons mission. A friend had said to make sure to take weapons. I had forgotten her weapon had broken the last time I played. Got torn apart by the Big Bubba zombie.

2) took a different survivor I met shortly before. Completed the doc/wilkerson mission. Was walking to my car and got attacked by a feral. Restarted.

3) Did real well for a while. Lot of close calls. Recently Jacob went out while exhausted and got attacked by a feral. Managed to shake it off and spun around to shoot it. *click* Forgot I had run out of ammo. Ripped apart by feral.

4) Take another survivor who joined us and play him a while. He nearly died a few times (once totaling a car that killed a juggernaut). I decide I'll try the Gorman achievement so I grab the grenade to ready. I try and help some neighbors and a juggy shows up. Outta ammo again I go to Gorman them but it just throws the grenade and doesn't kill me... Bubba does.

This game has the knack of punishing you for not playing smart and man am I playing like an idiot sometimes.

Died on the very last mission.

I geared up Marcus with all my best weapons and had nearly all his stats up to max. I triggered the mission and got tore apart by a feral at the very end.

I had to redo it with Sam and his stats werent as good but the Auto-Shotgun was the difference.

• 1 month later...

Purely my own fault but thankfully wasn't far in, was playing for the first time and was already drunk when i bought it. Carried on playing on and off for few hours while still drinking, ended up passing out with marcus out in the town, not sure if i forgot to pause or what but upon starting today i noticed he was just "belongings" lol.

Still have no idea what happened but ah well, lesson learnt, well, not really, ill prob play this again drunk and do something stupid :p

Miraculously, I've only died once, as Maya. A feral zombie literally ripped me in half, and I was like "what the fuck just happened?" But I got the achievement, so it's all good to me :)

My Marcus is not only still alive, but maxed out. Just goes to show how I've learned from my mistakes. Don't take your survivors for granted.

I've died four times; one on purpose, and three accidental.

Firstly, I was out exploring with Maya when I ran into my first Feral. I tried to run, and needless to say it did not end well. It was a shame, as I was taking a liking to her. Good thing I replaced her with a new tough-girl survivor.

Secondly, I used a survivor named Brody to try and help the Wilkersons defend against some hordes and a few Juggernauts. That was my first run in with a Juggernaut, so I was not prepared for it, having used all my ammo on the hordes. Brody was sorely missed.

After not taking any risks for ages to stop my people from dropping like flies, I then used a survivor whose name I don't even remember to get the 'blow yourself up' cheevie. She managed to take out an entire infestation, but obviously died in the process. She was not missed at all.

Finally, I was using my head Chef Ismael to go and rescue a survivor from the housing area in the south-west-ish area of Marshall. Just a routine mission, until I was attacked by two hordes from front and rear, and then Swat zombies and ferals came pouring out of the houses on either side of the road. I used roughly six medication and gosh knows how many stamina items, but once my pipe broke there was nothing I could do. Good thing I had a thermite in my inventory anyway, or it would have been a bigger loss than it already was.

I've died twice (once for the achievement)

My only proper death was cool, I took a corner to fast and tiped my car over rite next to a horde and one of those specials that jump on you. (forget there names)

I fired all my pistol ammo and just started swinging my sledgehammer but the special jumped me and it was all over. Got ripped apart.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...