xp boosting with Reconnaissance Ribbon

DeadMac

The only Datel wireless one that works is the one that comes with "Customizer"

There is also ONE wired version that works, I believe its the black model, but not many places stock it. But it does not have Customizer, and you need to tape the stick down. The customizer lets you remap the whole pad, so L3 can be moved to X,B,Y,A etc

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is also ONE wired version that works, I believe its the black model, but not many places stock it. But it does not have Customizer, and you need to tape the stick down. The customizer lets you remap the whole pad, so L3 can be moved to X,B,Y,A etc

my wireless one says error when i rebind the stick key to anything so i had mine like wired one with a tin of paint on it worked perfect ghost cam moved once thats because i am a noob and rushed it

Wow did this thread slide... I will never understand people who post to threads like this just to call others names and generally troll the the thread. Especially when they do so from some presumed position of righteousness.

At any rate, almost done with my second boost session (2nd set of 9 hours... currently at 8)... With 2 xboxs going, the speed is unbelievable. Of note here: To make sure you max the speed with which your multiple characters pick up weapons, make sure to aim them at the character they intend to kick a weapon over to.

In the end they can stand a little away from each other and each weapon will bounce right at the feet of the other and be picked up before another bounce. My last count was 3Mil xp in 9 hours and 15 minutes. Since I will restart this as soon as the grub spawns, That will essentially equal 100 levels in a day. I should be gold winged early tomorrow morn.

Deadmac, thanks again for this. My schedule doesn't provide me a whole lot of time to grind out medals and work ranks, and this pretty much allowed me to remove ranking up from the equation. Thanks again.

Forgive my ignorance, but would this one not be compatible?

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Datel-Turbo-Fire-2-Wireless-Controller-Xbox-360/15554728?findingMethod=Recommendation:wm:RecentlyViewedItems

my wireless one says error when i rebind the stick key to anything so i had mine like wired one with a tin of paint on it worked perfect ghost cam moved once thats because i am a noob and rushed it

It says error to me when I rebind on the triggers but X A Y B works fine.

You have to put L3 to B and B to L3 in the remapping, not just L3 to B, I guess.

can someone with hori and someone with wirefire 2 wired take photo of the ones that work and ill post in on first page then people will know what to look for and stop false info dropping in and out :) if you want to email the photo and ill upload it to my photoshop account just pm for email :drunk

http://img243.imagevenue.com/loc52/th_439387860_Untitled_1_122_52lo.jpg

HORI EX2 - Turbo can be set to L3 Stick. Controller is wired.

Wildfire 2 - Turbo can be set to L3 Stick, even better can be remapped to A,B,X or Y (requires a PC and Datel software). Have tested the Red Wireless Version, there are many varieties of this controller about, NOTE not all of them work. If using wireless, stock up on batteries, no charge system. The Red WIRED version does not work.

Viking360 M - Turbo can be set to L3 Stick or L3 can be remapped to one of the 6 Tactical buttons. Is a wireless controller (Official Modded) and comes with Official Play & Charge Kit so also wired.

Edited by Evo Kazz

okay, the problem i have, here in germany there is no Hori and no Viking (looked at amazon.de). So i have the choice between the wireless and the wired version of the Datel Wildfire 2:

wired

[ame=http://www.amazon.de/Datel-Xbox360-Wired-WildFire2-Controller-Schwarz/dp/B0040JHHD0/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1328450146&sr=8-3]Xbox360 Wired WildFire2-Controller (Schwarz): Amazon.de: Games[/ame]

The Wildfire 2 controller secret weapon is its programmable Turbo Rapid Fire that can be enabled on any one or more of 8 buttons, giving you a firepower advantage that can make all the difference. Just start the programming, choose which buttons you want to use Rapid Fire on and set the Turbo Rapid Fire mode. The Wildfire 2 controller has three selectable speed profiles ensuring usage of Rapid Fire with the widest range of games. With rapid fire enabled, weapons like single shot pistols in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, become lethal, fully automatic weapons that can empty a clip on an enemy in a second!

Fully XB360 Compatible

Turbo Rapid Fire Functio

Intergrated Headset port for XBOX Live Play

Left and Right Shoulder Buttons are designed to fit into your Hands

Comfortable Ergonomic Design

Includes 8ft (2.5Mt) Cable

LED Turbo Grips

wireless

[ame=http://www.amazon.de/Xbox360-Wireless-WildFire2-Controller-Schwarz-Turbo-RapidFire/dp/B0040JHHCQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1328450871&sr=8-1]Xbox360 Wireless WildFire2-Controller (Schwarz) mit Turbo-RapidFire: Amazon.de: Games[/ame]

The WildFire2 controller secret weapon is its programmable Turbo Rapid Fire that can be enabled on any one or more of 8 buttons, giving you a firepower advantage that can make all the difference. Just start the programming, choose which buttons you want to use Rapid Fire on and set the Turbo Rapid Fire mode. The WildFire2 controller has three selectable speed profiles ensuring usage of Rapid Fire with the widest range of games. With rapid fire enabled, weapons like single shot pistols in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, become lethal, fully automatic weapons that can empty a clip on an enemy in a second!

Direct Sync with Xbox 360

No cord or dongles required

Programmable Turbo Rapid Fire

Integrated headset port for Xbox Live play

Dual rumble motors

Truly ergonomic shape fits perfectly in your hands

Fully compatible with Xbox 360

Blue glowing grips showing when Turbo Rapid Fire is enabled

Compatibility Warranty

Requires 2 x AA batteries (not included)

--------------

The problem is, i read that the RED wired version does not work, but what about the black one (see link above) ? Does it work? i would prefer the wired version because its easier for idle boosting.

okay, the problem i have, here in germany there is no Hori and no Viking (looked at amazon.de). So i have the choice between the wireless and the wired version of the Datel Wildfire 2

If you see my post above, that's the same controller I asked about.. and several people said it will work. That was the wireless version, not sure about the wired.

I've got the Datel TurboFire 2 controller and it works like a champ for this.

What I do is i use the re-programming app on my computer to map the L stick click to the B button and B to L stick click and map that to Feature Button 1. then i map rapid fire to feature button 2.

Once i'm satisfied that the auto-pickup weapon bounce is good (i have it 12 swaps before deciding), i fire up the spotting.

So first i hit Feature button 1 to remap my L stick click and B. Then i hold feature button 2 down and tap the B button to make it repeat. Repeating speed doesn't matter. then i sit my TF2 controller beside my xbox and put a screwdriver on the B button and walk away.

None of my controllers 'drift' so everything is pretty stable so far. there's always the random chance of a bad weapon bounce but i try and minimize that with how i sit my character in the corner.

So far it's working like a champ.

My ONLY complaint about the TF2 controller is that even if i use the USB cable and plug it into the xbox for power, it still shuts off after like 2 1/2 hours. No idea why. I do have the original TF2 controller though, it's black and silver with blue thumbstick tops not black/black like the new ones.

After reading this, I went out and got the controller at my local Gamestop. (Why not? I Still had $75 worth of gift cards for that place)

This method works great and so far, I've done 2 8 1/2 hour sessions without the batteries running out or the controller shutting off on me. I do have some words of advice for anyone who wants to use this controller for this.

1. The customizer for the controller that you get online might not recognize your controller being plugged in. I had to try 2 different computers in my house for it to work. For the PC that it does work on, only 1 usb port works for it.

2. Don't use the highest speed for the turbo. I did at first and I only heard the spotting noise every 3-10 seconds (meaning that it missed A LOT and sometimes getting a ribbon could take several seconds) After cranking the speed down quite a bit, it now spots perfectly and it gives me the ribbon every second.

Again, I am confused on the issue with batteries. If you do a little bit of looking around, you will find your best option is to get yourself a Sanyo Eneloop charger kit with batteries. These particular rechargeables are the best you can own and are cheap. Why are they the best? They can be recharged 1500 times to full capacity and will hold a charge when in storage, for up to 3 years.

The kit is cheap on amazon, the batteries by themselves are cheap as well. 1 set of Eneloop AAs lasted me two (2) nine and a half (9.5) hour boosting sessions. When they finally died, I already had a second set fully charged and put them in the controller. The dead set went on the charger and were fully charged while the other set was juicing another 100 level run.

There is so much information in this thread about which controllers work /don't, and ways around the 100$ worth of batteries people think they need to buy. At this point, any further questions about controllers is just pure laziness on the poster's part. The OP has even been updating the first post to keep it fresh, and STILL people ask the same questions 15 pages in... Come on folks, read the damn thread. Hell, just read a COUPLE pages back to catch all the repeats from the others who didn't read any other part of the thread.

Hey guys long time no post.. I dont know why but this is not working for me.

I set the party type to local. did Horde private on checkout. used an old turbo controller for my gold account to spot. Used second controller wireless for player 2.

player 2 gives money to player 1. Player 2 kills player one in the corner. I test spotted 3 times and didnt get jackshit. What the hell is going on? Has anybody run into this? I am not even seeins the pop up window saying i got the ribbon. When I checked my ribbons for reconaissance I had not earned a single one.