Aerocache of the day

In Touch

Dont you hate achievements like Pentacontacache  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Dont you hate achievements like Pentacontacache

• Yes
    • No

• 4 weeks later...

may be very easy...but how long are they gonna keep the aerocache of the day going? Eventually they will stop and this will be another achievement to add to the unobtainable list.

For that reason alone, yes I hate these achievements. Goes hand in hand with Gears of War 3's Socialite achievement.

I would rather them have said collect 200 aerocaches overall then collect 50 daily ones.

• 2 weeks later...

Simple or not they are still a pain in the ass. Last 6 days I've only been able to collect 1, because I've already collected the other 5 back in April/May. I thought they'd just add temporarily ACs into the game every day, but it seems they are recycling the regulars. Unless they start rotating the Alaska Aerocaches (if there are any), I will probably not be able to get all 50 any time soon. By now I should have been well underway towards 40, but instead I'm only at 25, only because I cannot initiate the hunts since I've pre-collected the aerocaches...

Simple or not they are still a pain in the ass. Last 6 days I've only been able to collect 1, because I've already collected the other 5 back in April/May. I thought they'd just add temporarily ACs into the game every day, but it seems they are recycling the regulars. Unless they start rotating the Alaska Aerocaches (if there are any), I will probably not be able to get all 50 any time soon. By now I should have been well underway towards 40, but instead I'm only at 25, only because I cannot initiate the hunts since I've pre-collected the aerocaches...

already done the achieve but i know what you mean, there should be quite a few coming up you havn't got if there redoing them all a bit annoying alaska have any at all

Yeah, I've been more lucky recently (apart from the Koko Head, which had no marker). Hopefully the next 20 or so will be Aerocache's I don't have already :) Shame there aren't any in Alaska. Weird, too, but I guess they want to give everybody a chance to get them, even if they haven't bought Alaska.

• 2 months later...

You do no need the DLC's to get to 50 AotD's, however there are a few Alaskan ones in rotation that you might want to get when they are available. But it isn't necessary to get the achievement, it'll just save some time as you might have to sit out while the Alaskan caches rotate.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Just browsing the forums and i thought of this game. I started it a while back and am wondering if the aerocaches of the day will ever stop being updated, rendering this achievement unobtainable?

Quite possibly, yes. The whole game will go unobtainable when they drop the servers it runs on. The ACotD is presumably just a small routine that runs on that server, so I doubt it will stop before the game does, but that is one of the challenges of games like this.

• 1 year later...
Quite possibly, yes. The whole game will go unobtainable when they drop the servers it runs on. The ACotD is presumably just a small routine that runs on that server, so I doubt it will stop before the game does, but that is one of the challenges of games like this.

Yes, yes. I think so.