Tips for Sea of Black Tears Stage Battle against Ophelia on Brutal?

xVSiKVx

I got it first try on brutal so I don't realy have any specific strategies for beating her but what I did anyway was I took all the fan geysers and assembled an army at the start of the bridge then advanced all at once, taking down the towers and continued directly at the stage.

I found this one to be quite easy, seeing as I've learned a lot from the previous stage battles.

Basically I just build a small army of headbangers and a couple of healers. Then started capturing towers. Using stage upgrades, solos, and rally flags. Before I knew I had a huge army at the bridge with all 3 stage upgrades. Then I took down her remaining army, which wasn't much, then just rushed her stage, I didn't even worry about her 2 remaining fan towers.

I don't mean to belittle your problem here, but have you considered looking through the numerous other "help me with x stage battle" threads? Beyond that, since, for the most part, the stage battles in the campaign and the multiplayer and the ai practice are all very similar in mechanics, did you once consider for a second looking for more general strategies.

For example, in the guide on this forum there is a detailed post I made outlining a strategy for 50 wins (and I know it works against the AI)

Another poster made a thread for multiplayer strategy and it has yet another strat that should work against the AI.

Again, I fail to see what makes this battle so difficult in and of itself that you need to ask for advice. Just read through the other threads asking for help on other stage battles.

Oh, and for what it's worth, I fumbled through Brutal on release day with little to no strategy whatsoever with very little problem, and I'm not good at RTS games. Sure, I developed a great strategy that hasn't been posted on these forums yet, but not until much later. Simply put, you don't need a strategy to beat the AI on any difficulty. It just isn't that hard...

Alright here: This strat is for anyone having a hard time with this.

#1 Take your time with this. Until you destroy the towers there is no real battle.

#2 Rocker Girls & Bouncers Are A deadly Combo.

#3 Use Your Facemelter and War Cry OFTEN.

#4 Watch Where Ophelia is she can kick the shit out of your troops.

I ended up trying other things and I can confirm this works. If you mass Rocker Chicks and have some Bouncers for Vehicles you'll be fine. Just keep moving your troops forward. I usally follow them in the air to watch them and have them keep moving and stop to attack.

If you have any questions on this feel free to send me a Message on XBL and i can explain this in depth. Its really not complicated. Just remember

Numbers Are Your Friend.

i need help with or a strategie for de last guy after ophelia i still trying but one tower i make dead then i whant the second en then i am dead with my man and the fan boots are gon and i cant make any dudes anymore

then it say's brutal defeat

p.s its on brutal lvl

There are many other threads for this, please read up before posting, they all tell you the same thing, stockpile before destroying the first head then after go for the 2nd right away. CHECK OTHER THREADS FOR DETAILS!

building an army before destroying the towers is the best way to go have them follow you on the rock crusher then after destroying the towers, funnel the enemy through the bridge. keep attacking with the blade henge attack, it should be big enough to block the bridge. then chacrge full force. constantly build new troops as yours die in battle and then do rally solos zeplin and battlecry solos you should be ok.

building an army before destroying the towers is the best way to go have them follow you on the rock crusher then after destroying the towers, funnel the enemy through the bridge. keep attacking with the blade henge attack, it should be big enough to block the bridge. then chacrge full force. constantly build new troops as yours die in battle and then do rally solos zeplin and battlecry solos you should be ok.

i need it after that battle

Step1: Take all the geysers on your side, meanwhile, take out the emo attack kids all out at once with a face melter.

Step2: Take out ONE tower and place your units on the bridge right before the 2nd tower

Step3: Fly over to the other stage, spawn the Deuce and kill all the troops that have spawned, keep out of their range, drive to safety when needed.

Step4: Do the Call of the Wild solo and the battle is over before you know it. :)

After dying a bunch of times or losing the stage. I just Built an army real quick and attacked the first tower , Doing battle cries and building more armies then attacking the tower next to her stage and blocking the stage from her creating more troops. building more armies and attack the other tower next to her stage. Battle cry some more and then attack her stage. Throw in a Zeppelin attack and send more troops to the stage.She did not even have time to build an army.

I guess the key is to just keep moving forward and be fast.

Ah, I finally got it. After you crush the towers, use the same vehicle to also take out the balloons and the tree. Just spam it's team attack. Worked fine for me =)

I just lost this battle for the first time. As I was trying to think what to do, this is exactly what I thought I'd try next. Use that big stone sword from the sky to smite my enemies.

I'm burnt out on the game for today. I'll give it a go tomorrow night.

I don't mean to belittle your problem here, but have you considered looking through the numerous other "help me with x stage battle" threads?

Personally, this is exactly what I searched for. I had zero problems with any of the battles until this one. I don't want to see strategies for how someone beat the 3rd or 4th stage battle. I wanted to see what people did for this exact one.

I see no problem with a thread for each battle. They are not all the same.

Edited by Hoffer

Put your Rally Point at Bridge at Start. Make Head Banger, Razor Girl, Thunderhog, then repeat again and go cap the fans. Go to bridge and Facemelt the Grave Diggers than come to you. Then once you have all the Fan Geysers just up a lot and make a Rock Crusher. Send in all your head bangers and stuff except the Rock Crusher, let them die then build one of every unit. Charge in destroy towers, get close enough to the main base with a Roadie. Double Team with it then just destroy the base in like 7 to 10 hits. Worked for me on my first try.

Fire Barons.

Skullsplitters.

The big crazy machine with spikes.

I maxed out my 40 slots with a mixture of these things (infantry get killed way to easily by the grim reapers & frightwigs)

Big crazy machine goes up to towers and destroys them, then double team attacks the hot air balloon and anything else it fancies.

Order the rest of the army to attack whilst you fly over the battle and set a rally point by their stage, target the stage and ask people to attack (when the main enemy force is KO'd, start pumping out Roadies, Bouncers & Firehogs to replace any troops that may have died in crossing the bridge)

Always keep your big spiky thing alive or being built to replace as I find its an absolute beast!

Call of the wild can help a bit (not as much breaking dawn & facemelter though)

i need help with or a strategie for de last guy after ophelia

When you've got a force big enough to take down either the left or right head/tower thing, just sit back for a while and let your fans build up. The battle is pretty simple until you kill the head/towers. Drive around the battlefield in the Deuce killing anything you see until you've got all your stage and unit upgrades as well as a healthy pile of fans and a large army.

Then train some roadies and send them in to one of the head/towers. After they knock it down send them somewhere safe, put your light marker on the second head/tower, then drive the Deuce through the tunnel and finish off the first head/tower. As soon as you land, dump the Deuce somewhere safe, fly back to the roadies, send them to the second head/tower thing, then do your best to hold back the enemy army while the roadies attack the head/tower.

Once the head/tower thing is down, finish it off, then finish off the main head and the stage battle is over.

I haven't actually got to that point on Brutal yet so you might need to tweak the strategy a bit, but the core of it is to hold back on killing the first head/tower to build up supplies, then when you're ready do the rest as quickly as possible.

Edited by TheOnlyDogMan