Trying to get my CD Key....

JCDRANZER

So just realised that my steam-bought games, BioShock 2 and Batman: Arkham City GOTY have both patched out GFWL and run on steamworks. This is a dream come true to "hardcore" PC gamers but it is BLOODY nightmare for an achievement hunter/whore like me, I only bought these games for achievements.....bought them so long ago as well. I have achievements in both but not the 100%, so now I'm left with the bitter decision to just move on or somehow getting 100% in them before 1st July 2014.

Anyways, for Batman AC GOTY, in my steam library, I still have the option to "View CD Key" for it but when I do, all I get in place of the CD Key is "Requesting Key..." and I have waited for it to change for quite some time now. Unfortunately, I don't have this option for BioShock 2....I want to request it from Steam but I don't know how to go about it and even if they would give it to me.

I reckon I spend about £5 for BioShock 2 and possibly £10 for Batman AC (can't remember...got it on sale).

I wanted to get my CD Key and get a used copy of the game, to play the game on GFWL.

I seriously wished they had given us the option to choose to play on either GFWL or steamworks and not force it down our throats.

• Thanks 1

So just realised that my steam-bought games, BioShock 2 and Batman: Arkham City GOTY have both patched out GFWL and run on steamworks. This is a dream come true to "hardcore" PC gamers but it is BLOODY nightmare for an achievement hunter/whore like me, I only bought these games for achievements.....bought them so long ago as well. I have achievements in both but not the 100%, so now I'm left with the bitter decision to just move on or somehow getting 100% in them before 1st July 2014.

Anyways, for Batman AC GOTY, in my steam library, I still have the option to "View CD Key" for it but when I do, all I get in place of the CD Key is "Requesting Key..." and I have waited for it to change for quite some time now. Unfortunately, I don't have this option for BioShock 2....I want to request it from Steam but I don't know how to go about it and even if they would give it to me.

I reckon I spend about £5 for BioShock 2 and possibly £10 for Batman AC (can't remember...got it on sale).

I wanted to get my CD Key and get a used copy of the game, to play the game on GFWL.

I seriously wished they had given us the option to choose to play on either GFWL or steamworks and not force it down our throats.

I'd suggest moving on as I'm really not sure how you'd get the achievements.

• Confused 1

It won't work for Arkham City, but for Arkham Asylum:

1) Install non-Steam version (you can find the installer/setup via torrent)

2) If you have one, use CD key from one of the following games to activate:

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Battlestations: Pacific

BlazBlue

Bioshock 2

Fallout 3

Fallout 3 GOTY

FlatOut: Ultimate Carnage

FUEL

Gears of War

Grand Theft Auto IV

Halo 2

Hour of Victory

Juiced 2

Kane & Lynch: Dead Men

Legend of the Galactic Heroes

Osmos

Quantum of Solace

Red Faction: Guerrilla

Resident Evil 5

Shadowrun

Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Republic Heroes

Stormrise

Street Fighter IV

The Club

Universe At War: Earth Assault

Vancouver 2010

Viva Piñata

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II (not Steam)

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II HR (not Steam)

Where's Waldo?

World of Goo

Most of the older GFWL games use a universal key(s), so (usually) a key from one game will work with another.

• Like 1

It won't work for Arkham City, but for Arkham Asylum:

1) Install non-Steam version (you can find the installer/setup via torrent)

2) If you have one, use CD key from one of the following games to activate:

Batman: Arkham Asylum

Battlestations: Pacific

BlazBlue

Bioshock 2

Fallout 3

Fallout 3 GOTY

FlatOut: Ultimate Carnage

FUEL

Gears of War

Grand Theft Auto IV

Halo 2

Hour of Victory

Juiced 2

Kane & Lynch: Dead Men

Legend of the Galactic Heroes

Osmos

Quantum of Solace

Red Faction: Guerrilla

Resident Evil 5

Shadowrun

Star Wars: The Clone Wars - Republic Heroes

Stormrise

Street Fighter IV

The Club

Universe At War: Earth Assault

Vancouver 2010

Viva Piñata

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II (not Steam)

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II HR (not Steam)

Where's Waldo?

World of Goo

Most of the older GFWL games use a universal key(s), so (usually) a key from one game will work with another.

I tried a key from Operation Flashpoint, and one from Fallout 3 GOTY on Stormrise. Didn't work, I'm torrenting some other games and will report back here. I have warhammer and street fighter keys i'll try too

Edit. Okay stormrise must be an odd one because it kept saying that it was the incorrect product.

But i just torrented resident evil 5 and my fallout 3 GOTY key works fine

Edited by Phrozenspite
  • Like 1

I tried a key from Operation Flashpoint, and one from Fallout 3 GOTY on Stormrise. Didn't work, I'm torrenting some other games and will report back here. I have warhammer and street fighter keys i'll try too

Edit. Okay stormrise must be an odd one because it kept saying that it was the incorrect product.

But i just torrented resident evil 5 and my fallout 3 GOTY key works fine

I hope you're not using this knowledge to steal games.

• 1 month later...

Ugh this is annoying. The worst part is the keys from Steam before the change are registered on our Gamertag but we obviously can't see any of them. I bet phoning MS would be useless as well. I can't get achieves in Bioshock 2 or Batman AC which is the only reason I purchased them on Steam. I should of just gone through G4WL at the time but I never expected this to happen.

It really pisses me off the devs couldn't have both co-exist. Toy Soldiers on Steam has the option to load Steamworks or G4WL.

Now I have to find retail copies. Or if someone can point me to an online site that still sells the G4WL keys for the games that would be cool thanks.

Edited by dementedlullaby