Great game.

TheThreeStooges

I'd agree with you, that it's fun, but compared to P1 it's so bad, in terms of story/challenge. I think I have like 300G on P1 whereas on this, I'm literally about to get my last achievement for the 1000G!

I've been saying, the whole time I've been playing this though, "I'm glad I rented it for £5 instead of paying £30+ for it!"

I had fun though!

It may be short but its probly the last we seen a Prototype game sings Radical Entertainment has been closed by Activision. I know it may be short for some depending if you play a few missions each day or just run thru it in one go and then yes its short.

But i enjoy this more then Prototype 1 its clear they adressed the issues gamers had and the graphics have been polisged aswell overall a great game still have to finish it sinds i just started playing it.

I agree with a lot of the points here but I really hope that some one takes some of these game mechanics and does something with it in say a superhero game. So much could be done with a new IP. The game is fun but when it starts to get going its over all to soon, and the boss fights are a bit crap but overall its worth a cheap purchase or a rental.

• 1 month later...
It may be short but its probly the last we seen a Prototype game sings Radical Entertainment has been closed by Activision. I know it may be short for some depending if you play a few missions each day or just run thru it in one go and then yes its short.

But i enjoy this more then Prototype 1 its clear they adressed the issues gamers had and the graphics have been polisged aswell overall a great game still have to finish it sinds i just started playing it.

Yeah I agree this is probably it for the franchise. I just started Prototype 2 the other day and have been really enjoying it though. You truly feel like a badass from the beginning, instead of an uber-pussy like in Crackdown and Crackdown 2 where you are hamstrung until you get orbs.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried Prototype 2 awhile back. When I first started the game, I did the complete opposite compared to the most. I started the whole game on hard, then did the 2nd playthrough on Easy, just for the sake of getting my guy fully upgraded. As for the challenges, activities, etc; I finished them all on the first playthrough on Hard.

Eventhough I've never played the first one (but hoping to), I found this to be one hell of a fun game to play! Kind of similar to The Amazing Spider Man. Me and my girlfriend both enjoyed this game but I just wish the game was a little more longer and had more activities and challenges though. Some of my friends told me that Prototype 2 was more focused on large scale and a lot of the game elements were simplified to accomodate that compared to Prototype 1, so I don't know since I haven't tried the first one yet. Btw one of my favorite things to do in Prototype 2 would be Bio-bombing lol. I remember after I fully upgraded my guy, I grab one of the civilians or infected, go to one of the field ops locations, bio-bomb the grabbed person, and throw it to the Field Ops team location lol.. just one throw and BAM! The whole Field Ops team is gone!! Funny shiit lol! Or even throw one at a chopper.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=niHYL4bZNAI]Prototype 2 - Bio Bomb Butt Kicker Trailer - GameStop - YouTube[/ame]

I personally enjoy the freeroaming type of games so this game is probably one of the most enjoyable games I've played this year. I would say Prototype 2 is probably one of the best games that was released this year along with the The Amazing Spider Man release from Activision. Both games have kind of similar concepts it seems.

Edited by Ridin Thru the416

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 7 years later...

Just returned to my backlog of 360 games. I never played the first Prototype game but after having played through this one on easy (now on hard run) I must say I really liked it. 

One of the things I liked the most is how they made the city itself. It felt like a big city and that's not always the case in games. I also liked that it had things to do on the side. The action was also fun enough to never get boring. A lot of people thought it was a bit short. I like that in games though. If they are good I don't mind them being around 20-25 hours in completion. Not sure I will play through the first one but Prototype 2 was a nice surprise. 🙂 

4 hours ago, Reggiez said:

Just returned to my backlog of 360 games. I never played the first Prototype game but after having played through this one on easy (now on hard run) I must say I really liked it. 

One of the things I liked the most is how they made the city itself. It felt like a big city and that's not always the case in games. I also liked that it had things to do on the side. The action was also fun enough to never get boring. A lot of people thought it was a bit short. I like that in games though. If they are good I don't mind them being around 20-25 hours in completion. Not sure I will play through the first one but Prototype 2 was a nice surprise. 🙂 

Just a warning that the first Prototype game is significantly more difficult than the first. If you played the second one first, you're in for quite a step up in difficulty if you go back to the first one. The second was more silly fun. The first is still fun but you don't feel as crazy powerful as the second. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Necrophage33 said:

Just a warning that the first Prototype game is significantly more difficult than the first. If you played the second one first, you're in for quite a step up in difficulty if you go back to the first one. The second was more silly fun. The first is still fun but you don't feel as crazy powerful as the second. 

Thanks for the warning! I had heard several gamers mention this earlier as well. I'm probably not going to play the first one. I started with Prototype 2 because it was a part of my physical backlog of games.  🙂

Just finished my Hard run of the game and it was mostly fun even during the second run of the game. Now I do feel finished with it for the time being. 

• Like 1