CQDOM: worst game mode ever?

Rapturous Rich

CQDOM - worst game mode ever?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. CQDOM - worst game mode ever?

• Yes, I would rather my eyes be melted out of my head than play again.
    • LOL, you actually play that mode Rich? More the fool you!
    • No, I love it!
    • It's not nearly as bad as... [example]
    • I agree, entirely.
    • You are so right, Rich.

I just got done finishing the matches needed for this medal - that's 50 wins - and I can honestly say I think this is the worst addition to BF3 so far. I like the Close Quarters maps, I love Gun Master but Domination is just a horrible, horrible game mode.

It's like this mode was made especially for the Call of Duty players that came over to Battlefield and bashed it. All I saw in those 50 wins for terrible players that camp, camp, camp, camp and CAMP miles away from objectives and still try go to for good KD ratios at the end of a game.

I am so god damn glad to be done with this terrible mode after suffering through those 50 wins.

Who agrees/disagrees and why?

It is what it is, which is what you make of it.

Personally, I enjoy tossing C4 on flags. Sure, it pisses people off... but it never ceases to amaze me how many C4 kills I can get by doing that per game. Some people never learn.

Also, it's not nearly as bad as... [Tank Superiority]

See, shotguns and C4 are two of my favourite things in the [bF3] world but SO MANY servers ban them. I actually managed to find a no rules server (can you believe...) AND 100% tickets (long games on the other maps bore me, god knows how infuriated I would get on DOM) but at least I got to use my SPAS-12 and C4. I love the idiots who sit within the vicinity of a flag with their C4 clacker out... they make me laugh because I'm off capturing, say, C flag and detonating my B flag C4 - SO MANY POINTS! :p

As for Tank Superiority, that's next on my medal list (then it's just the Mortar to do to complete the collection) and already I really enjoyed the game I had last night after so many hours of tight, claustrophobic infantry action.

Though I think anything where you are hunting a medal/ribbon etc instantly makes something less enjoyable because it feels more like work than enjoyment.

Server rules? What are those?

I don't listen to server rules. In fact, if the admins try to "ban" C4... it just encourages me to use it more often. And no, I don't get banned all that often. Weird, huh? They're technically not supposed to ban people from their servers for using weapons and equipment they don't like anyway.

Server rules? What are those?

I don't listen to server rules. In fact, if the admins try to "ban" C4... it just encourages me to use it more often.

No shotguns = use shotguns

No C4 = use C4

No = Use

An unjust law is no law at all. *quoth the Hippo*

I luuuurrrrvvvv those "rules". :) Makes me especially laugh to see "no stinger/Igla/Javelin and SOFLAM" on an air map. With the top players all of course in helis and jets.

So many wanker Badmins. So sooooo many....

Edited by Opiate42

No shotguns = use shotguns

No C4 = use C4

No = Use

An unjust law is no law at all. *quoth the Hippo*

I luuuurrrrvvvv those "rules". :) Makes me especially laugh to see "no stinger/Igla/Javelin and SOFLAM" on an air map. With the top players all of course in helis and jets.

So many wanker Badmins. So sooooo many....

I loved this one CQDOM server I found - 100% tickets, all four maps - with the rule "NO STINGER/IGLA. WE MEAN IT!"

I mean...

Whaaaa?

I loved this one CQDOM server I found - 100% tickets, all four maps - with the rule "NO STINGER/IGLA. WE MEAN IT!"

I mean...

Whaaaa?

Haha. They have a sense of humor :p

I played on a server that once had a "No Guns, No Equipment, No one allowed to play on this server. If you kill me I will ban you." I thought that was quite funny

But I don't mind. I enjoy being booted and banned... means I'm doing something right.

Truly. I think deep down we all enjoy making wankers cry.

I played on a server that once had a "No Guns, No Equipment, No one allowed to play on this server. If you kill me I will ban you." I thought that was quite funny

I'd tap that server.

• 3 weeks later...
I got banned from virtually every server that rocked a no shotties, no C4 enforcement. I don't think being Colonel 100 helps because that brings with it all kinds of prejudice without breaking these cry babies precious rules.

Out to Kill server: 0 ban

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

lol server rules. As soon as one person in a game realises an admin isn't present, all the rules set are soon broken.

Conquest domination is a nice change of pace. I'd rather have it than not have it, as it's an extra game mode to play. The only thing I hate about it is scrubs that C4 flags.

• 3 months later...