How have you funded your Xbox One?

Eski Boi

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Initially, I was just doing the basic putting money away for each paycheck, but that was thrown out the window when I had a deal I just couldn't pass up on (50" Toshiba LED for $325).

So now, I'll just wait for my tax return to come in in a few months as that tends to be in the thousand dollar range and I have no outstanding debts that really need to be paid off.

I guess i am not the only one who hasn't pre-ordered one or has the money to buy one out right.

No you aren't. For most of the time it's been the second reason for me, I just didn't have the money. Now that I finally have found employment (:woop: ) I technically could afford to buy the Xbox One (although, even if I had decided to pre-order the moment I first was hired I think it would have already been too close to release to get a pre-order) but I don't want to yet. Besides Ryse, there really won't be any games I want to play until late next year.

Edited by The Elite Elite

Sold my PS3, traded in about 50 games thus-far, hopefully more games will be done to trade-in before launch, some random prepaid cards I've gotten a hold of here and there (like internet sign-up bonuses), and credit card. I've also got a 2nd One on preorder that I'll possibly sell to a friend at cost, but if they don't need it I'll hopefully be making a little bonus off of selling that too.

Yeah, he's awesome. Our first. But I agree, MS should have totally asked me first if it was a good time :p

I actually had a discussion the other day with a good friend of mine who has two kids about whether our kids will remember the Xbox One as their "first console" the way many of us remember the NES, SEGA, Atari, etc. as our "first".

We have a WiiU too, will he remember that as his first because the games cater more to kids?

Having a kid totally changes the way you look at the world. And, in relation to this discussion, it TOTALLY changes the way you view your finances :p

*N64 for me :o

I'm not as old you you fellas just yet! I sure as hell don't have a kid yet, but I can relate in that my younger cousins (8 & 9) basically know of the Xbox 360 as the first console ever lol.

I was going to come in and make a joke about selling my body on a street corner, but obviously that's already been taken a few times over, so screw that noise.

But seriously, I setup a meth lab and have been cooking nearly-pure meth for the last 9 months since they revealed the Xbox console. I had to be sure my family would be left with enough money to afford the console, yearly XBL fees, Plug-n-play charge kit, a fair number of games, and reserve left just in case of any faults that require them to send their consoles in for repair. Unsurprisingly, I ended up nearly $43 million, which is almost twice what my family would need for that, so I bought a 51% share in 343's stock and became the majority shareholder. Look out for our next exciting releases "DarkReign Presents Halo 5" and "DarkReign Presents Halo: Spartan Kart Racing"

And just to join in, technically my "first game system" was PC where I enjoyed the greatness of Wolfenstein 3D when I was 4, but even though I had it, Atari 2600, NES, and PS1, my first real game console was the original Xbox. Before, it was an interest, but I never really got into gaming. Xbox is when gaming truly took hold of me and made me into what I am today.

Well, I put $100 down initially. That was just for the preorder at the time. Then, yesterday, I finally managed to sell my PS Vita. I didn't play it as much as I used to, so I figured I might as well sell it for some money for the One. That got me $200. Next, I'm going to trade in five games to get that $100 credit, and possibly more just to make the price a bit lower. Now, all I have to really worry about is paying the $150 left (including the leftovers + tax), as well as any other costs for games.

Overall, I'm just happy my tax refund came in on Monday. :dance:

Pimpin' the mean streets of central Wisconsin, of course! Which means I probably won't get it until sometime next year. In the mean time, that PAL Xbox 360 I've been wanting is starting to look way more affordable.

Just curious, but what does the PAL Xbox have that NTSC doesn't? I could understand excitement over an NTSC-J because of all the Japan exclusives (I guess they get a ton of Eroge titles, which I would love to own IF I COULD FREAKIN' READ 'EM), but I don't know what the PAL has to offer.

Sadly, 12 years later, I'm still trying to get my hands on an NTSC-J Original Xbox. I own one game that I would really love to play, but I need a Japanese box to do so and I'm pretty sure there was a mass burial or burning of original Xbox at some point because those things are nowhere to be found now...

My brothers paying some, I've paid most, some christmas money I've had early to pay for it and the rest I've borrowed from my mum lol. She hates the thing and thinks I'm too old for gaming now. Psshh, 22 isn't too old.

Lol Mums are great.

I won one, so not cost a penny, I spent the money I was gonna buy one with to take my son to WWE Smackdown tapings in England last week, that alone cost almost £200!

Day it was announced went in and dropped $1500 on the console, accessories and games.

Just had it their laying in the bank

Same as you! When they announced this and the ps4 for pre order I had the money sat In the bank. I knew I would end up waisting it so I went into GAME and pre ordered both consoles and put £1000 on a gift card. Just paid my x1 off today and it was £699 so I ain't gotta put much up for the ps4. It seemed like a good idea at the time but I never really thought about if game had gone bust again! Just glad they didn't and I'm getting the x1 tomorrow at midnight! I can't wait man :uzi:

All the consoles are to my daughter right now is something new to lick but we'll have her trained in a few years :biglaugh

loved that line...

I set money aside every month to buy winter tyres for the car.. Then my priorities changed..

Hello xb1 and bring on the scary drives to work in the snow....:woop: