The 2011-2012 Stanley Cup Champions will be...

TealPavelski

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Post your prediction of who will win the Cup, over which team and in how many games.

I believe my San Jose Sharks will win the Cup over Boston in 6-Games.

honestly it's too early to tell.

I hate saying this but, if Vancouver can stay healthy and not choke (like always) then they have a great shot at winning it. Boston has a good shot at a repeat if Thomas has another great year, and Finally New Jersey has a chance to go there and possibly win, depending on Martin's performance, and assuming they stay healthy.

that's just what I think though. My Ave's will not be making it this year I don't think, but it's too early to tell what's going to happen

I'd like to see my Ducks take a second Stanley Cup. I was there at Honda Center when they won the Cup in 5 games over Ottawa back in 2007. That whole experience was pretty awesome. I know they're not a top favorite to win this year but they are a very skilled and talented team and with Jonas Hiller back and healthy that makes us so much stronger. Here's to another entertaining year of NHL hockey. It will be fun for sure.

I know what team won't even make it into the playoffs this year (again)

Maple Laffs..... :)

Really? If they keep playing they way they are right now, I think they'll make the Play offs.

I would like to see them win the Cup. 1967 was the last Stanley Cup for them.

So. If the Leafs make the Playoffs this year, I'll take the Maple Leafs.

Really? If they keep playing they way they are right now, I think they'll make the Play offs.

I would like to see them win the Cup. 1967 was the last Stanley Cup for them.

So. If the Leafs make the Playoffs this year, I'll take the Maple Leafs.

I'm sure they can make the playoffs this year but they will not win the cup. Making the playoffs alone is going to require consistency from Kessel. Reimer needs to be exceptional and they really need to work on that penalty kill. I don't think Toronto has the depth on the backend. A shutdown defensemen would do that team wonders.

As far as who I think will win the cup depends on a few things. Right now the all around best contender is the Flyers (In my opinion). If Vokoun can be that last ingredient for the Caps then they will finally go deep. And if Crosby comes back better then ever they will be a serious force to deal with. Assuming Malkin and Stall stay healthy. I'm predicating a Flyers/Capitals/or Pens conference finals.

In the west, I like LA and Vancouver will turn this slump around without a doubt. As previous people have said a Pens/LA series isn't unbelievable. But right now I'm liking the Flyers. A Phili and Vancouver series could be a really entertaining one.

Edited by C0B WILDCHILD

I'm sure they can make the playoffs this year but they will not win the cup. Making the playoffs alone is going to require consistency from Kessel. Reimer needs to be exceptional and they really need to work on that penalty kill. I don't think Toronto has the depth on the backend. A shutdown defensemen would do that team wonders.

A shutdown defensemen would be great! But, what good defenseman wants to play in Toronto? If they can find one, then great! If not, they'll be screwed for years to come.

I love my Maple Leafs, but Burke has to get his thumb out of his ass & sign some good players. Kessel on the other hand, I think he's gonna be force on the team. If he can keep popping in the goals & setting up players, he will have a fantastic year.

I was pissed when Toronto got Phil Kessel for 2 1st Round Draft Picks and didnt do squat since he came over. This year may be a different story. I hope.